Familiar Breath of My Old Lies

Chapter Thirty-Two

A couple of days later Brooke and Peyton got to go home. Peyton was early, but the doctors said she was fine to go home. I think we were all pretty excited about it.
Brian ended up having to go back to California early. The band is working on new stuff.

“I want to hold her,” I said as I sat down on the couch at Austin’s house. Well, Austin and Brooke’s house.

Brooke laughed at me, but handed her over to me.

“I can already tell that you’re going to be a little heart breaker when you get older,” I said to her. She cooed at me. I love her to pieces and think she’s the cutest thing ever. She started to cry and Brooke took her from me saying that it was feeding time. She walked into the kitchen and Austin followed her.

Kelsey and Cody were here too. I don’t know where Mark, Joe, and Mike were, I’m assuming hanging out with their significant others. Anyway, the doorbell rang and they just sat there.

I rolled my eyes, “I guess I’ll get the door.”

I opened it and there stood a girl, who looked to be no more then twenty-four. She was pretty, too.

“Can I help you?” I asked politely.

“Um, is Austin home?”

“Maybe…”

“Um, I’m Jackie. I need to see him.”

I seriously had a feeling that all hell was about to break loose.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one and the next one are for Jackie.
:]