I'm not okay I promise

Black eye

“God I have such a pounding headache” Callie thought,

“Ouch, my eye feels like it wont open even if I try and open it! It’s so painful. What happened last night?” Callie laid still.

“Where the fuck am I?” Callie wondered. “I don’t want to open my eyes… not yet” Callie sighed and turned around. Callie heard voices so she pretended to be asleep.

“She still isn’t awake eh?” Said someone, it sounded like Mikey.

“Nope. She’s been there for ages now. I hope she wakes up soon” That sounded like Gerard.

“That fat chick hit her hard didn’t she?” Mikey said. No reply came this time.

“Are you sure she’s okay?” Gerard asked.

“She’ll be fine. She only fainted” That was Ray, she could tell.

She felt someone sit in the space at the top of the sofa just above her head. Someone started to stroke her hair. It was most likely Gerard. “Okay, I think I should wake up now” Callie thought.

She slowly opened her eyes. One of them didn’t open fully, it stung and felt very swollen.

“She’s alive!” Mikey said. Callie laughed and turned to face Gerard. Who was sat on the sofa next to her

“My eye kills.” She said. They all flinched “What?” Callie asked. She stood up and stumbled a little. She walked over to the mirror and gazed at herself.

“Holy Mary mother of God!” She said. They walked over to her. “My eye! It’s all… black!” She said in astonishment.

“At least you don’t have to put makeup on anymore” Mikey said. Callie didn’t reply. She touched it and she flinched.

“Let’s get some ice for your eye” Gerard said. He led her into the kitchen. He took out an ice bag, put ice in it and gave it to Callie. She placed it on her eye. They sat in silence for a minute. “So” He said

“So” Callie said.

There had never really been an awkward silence between them. Except for the times when Gerard and Callie had almost kissed.

“Are you going to tell me what happened?” Gerard asked her.

She sighed and begun to explain that they only invited him and the guys he was with so she could get off with him and that Marcy (“Oh that’s what her name was!” Gerard said) said that Callie had nicked Gerard from her. Gerard sat there laughing.

“It isn’t funny!” She said hitting him on the arm.

“Sorry.” He said. He looked at her and giggled a little before saying. “I love you Callie-Rose”

He kissed her. She smiled and took the ice bag off her eye as Gerard examined it.