Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 120

Cam held my hand and chattered about all she and Lindsay had done and I quietly listened as I drove, feeling the butterflies in my stomach become more and more intense the closer we got. Finally I pulled up to the edge of the field where a grassy knoll sat, a huge oak tree on top of it and just past it a huge clump of trees surrounding the pond, except for the spot the four of us had cleared and put up a makeshift dock.

“Close your eyes, and sit tight, okay? No peaking,” I told her as I parked at the bottom of the hill, still in the field. She nodded and did as I asked, allowing me to grab the basket and blankets out of the backseat and quickly set them up on top of the hill, placing the wine bottle and glasses on the checkered cloth next to the basket before jogging back to the truck.

“You gotta keep your eyes closed, okay?” I asked, and she nodded, her brow knit together slightly.

“Jordan just what are you doing?” she asked, a giggle in her voice as we slowly walked toward the top of the hill.

“Just trust me, okay?” she was quiet then until I was nervously standing beside her and holding her hand, trying to drum up the courage to tell her to open her eyes.

“Are we there yet?” she asked, and immediately I began to laugh and the nerves eased up.

“Yeah, you can open your eyes now,” I said, and as soon as they were open her hand flew up to cover her mouth as she gasped.

“Oh my God, Jordan this is…” she struggled to find a word for a moment before wrapping me in a tight hug and kissing me like no tomorrow.

“So you like it?”

“Jordan I love it,”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter is really short, but this is where it made sense to end off this part!