Status: Completed

Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me

Chapter 137

Cam's P.O.V.

I woke up feeling better than I had in a good month; Jordan’s breath was soft against the back of my neck as he slept, his arm secure around my waist. I snuggled into him, a smile teasing my lips; this was sure a nice way to wake up in the morning.

For ten minutes I laid there, before as carefully as I could I slipped out of his grip and out of bed. I pulled on his T-shirt from last night and found a clean pair of his boxers before making my way out to the kitchen to try and find something to make for breakfast.

I eyed the disaster in his apartment as I padded down the hall – there were empty picture frames hanging up and other frames on the floor, stuff was piled in the corner of the living room… it looked like a tornado had struck his apartment. Even the kitchen was in a state of disarray, and worse than the slightly messy lived-in look his place usually had.

After going through the fridge and the cupboard about the only thing I could find to make was eggs and toast, so I started a pot of coffee and began cooking, humming quietly to myself as I did so. I was about to go and try to wake Jordan up when I heard movement coming from his room, and moments later his heavy footsteps coming down the hall.

“Jesus, here I thought you’d taken off or something,” he teased, wrapping his arms around me from behind. I hadn’t even looked to see if he’d put any kind of clothes on.

“No, I just figured you’d be getting hungry,” I replied, tipping my head up to meet his kiss as I leaned back into him.

“Do I ever love you,” he chuckled, his tongue teasing at my lips before I pulled away to continue looking after our breakfast.

“I’ll set the table… after I clear it off I guess,” he sheepishly told me, before going to work on clearing the end of his table so we could sit down and eat.

I dished up our eggs and toast onto our plates and turned to see Jordan moving a pile of mail to the counter, his pajama pants nearly falling off of his hips. He was going to need some new clothes – he’d slimmed down quite a bit. I put the plates on the table where he’d cleared it off before getting some cutlery and sitting down beside him.

“This is amazing babe – thank you,” he told me through a mouthful of breakfast, and I pressed a quick kiss to his cheek.

“You’re welcome,”

We cleaned up together, before curling up on the couch. It was still strange to feel how much harder his body was compared to the last time we’d been together. Not that he hadn’t been muscular before, but now all of his muscles were constantly flexed and rock hard.

“I don’t think my clothes have ever looked better than they do right now,” Jordan whispered in my ear, his fingers on my thigh playing with the hem of his T-shirt.

“Pft,” I rolled my eyes, but he nuzzled my neck, tickling me until I began to giggle.

“It’s true – all of my clothes look better on you,” he told me, and then began kissing my neck. I rolled over so I was facing him.

“Speaking of clothes, we’re going to need to get you some new ones slim,” I said, pulling his waistband. Without stretching them I could pull the waistband out a good inch from his waist.

“Pft, I’ll manage,” he informed me, and I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Sure, all of your clothes are all but hanging off of you! Even if you get a few new pairs of pants or something,” I said, the latter almost more to myself than him.

“Fine,” he caved, pecking my lips.

“Well, we better get ready to head down to CONSOL for a workout,” I sighed a few minutes later.

“No…” Jordan whined, burying his face into my hair as he tightened his grip on me.

“Yes – you want to keep those sexy abs don’t you?” I asked, and he sighed as he slowly sat up.

“I guess – I want to keep my girlfriend happy,” he said with a smirk, and I couldn’t help but laugh at him before pushing myself up with my arms to kiss him.

~*~

“Cam! There you are – we were hoping you’d get back here a few days before camp started so we can get that contract done,” Ray Shero said as he came out of the main office. Jordan and I were walking by, and to be honest Ray spooked me a little.

“Oh, yeah – I just got back last night,” I told him, feeling strange having to push my voice lower again.

“I don’t want to rush you or anything, we’d just like to have this all done up before pre-season starts. And I don’t doubt you’ve been hounded by a lot of other teams to sign with them,”

“Just a few,” I chuckled, and he laughed.

“You haven’t taken any of them up on their offers have you?”

“I don’t think I’d be here if I had any intention of going to a different team,” I replied honestly. Ray chuckled again and clapped my shoulder as he went to walk past.

“Well, if you’re free this afternoon would you mind stopping by the office and we can all talk this over?”

“Sure thing,” I agreed, suddenly feeling weak and sick to my stomach. We stood there as Ray walked away, before Jordan inconspicuously guided me out of the rink. Once we were in the safety of the player’s lot I slumped against his vehicle and he wrapped his arms around me.

“Do you want me to come with you?” he asked quietly. I took a deep breath before shaking my head.

“No, but I’d like you to be at the rink – then if I burst into tears leaving I don’t have to drive through the frigging traffic or get lost to get to you,” I told him, managing to get a small chuckle and smile out of both of us.

“Of course. And no matter what happens, I love you,” he told me, keeping his voice strong and sure before he quickly kissed my forehead.

“I love you too Jordan,” I replied, and then we got into his car to go to my place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you guys go - I didn't want to be mean and just give you guys that one really small update!