‹ Prequel: One Last Kiss
Status: Finished

I Must Be Dreaming

Homecoming

His head snapped over to me so fast and my eyes widened. The first thing that popped in my head was the place I died. When I opened my eyes I was in the middle of the woods. I sighed and decided to climb a tree. Why? Cause I could. I walked over to one of the tallest ones I saw and started climbing it. It didn’t take long for me to get to the top. I sat down on the limb and looked out over the forest. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I had a plan. To make it easier, for him. Everything was going to be ok and he wouldn’t be too upset. I was going to make him hate me. Have him tell me to leave, that way when I left, he’d never know.

“That was a stupid plan” I looked over to see Edward sitting next to me. He reached up and wiped the tear away that had escaped my eyes. “I could never hate you Shea. Never” I smiled slightly and leaned against the tree trunk. “You weren’t supposed to find out.” I said. My voice was weak and broken like. Mainly because as much as I knew it would hurt him, it would hurt me too. I ran a hand threw my hair and sighed. “I don’t know how it works, or how it will happen. I’m here for a reason Edward, to protect you guys, to protect you and help you. But once it’s over…” I drifted off toward the end.

I felt him move and wrap his arms around me. I leaned my head on his chest as he tightened his arms. “I don’t want to go again” I said. “I don’t want you to either Shea” I sighed and pulled away from him and stood up. “What are you doing?” I stepped off the branch and landed gracefully on the ground. He was next to me about a second later “I gotta get used to that” I laughed and nodded.

“Shea?” I wiped the remaining tears off my face and looked over at him. “Yeah Edward” I asked. He grabbed my hand “Do you love me?” I nodded “then would you do something for me?” “Anything” Is it just me or does this sound just like A Walk To Remember? Oh I love that movie! I haven’t seen it in forever. “Will you marry me?” my eyes widened. “Why would you want to marry me, when you know I can’t stay?” I asked. “Because I love you” I looked at him before slowly nodding.

A smile broke out on his face and he pulled me into a tight hug and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck before pulling away and laughing. “What?” he asked “You asked me to marry you, at the place I died” He smiled and pecked my lips before lacing our fingers together. I wonder if I could move two people at once. I thought about his bedroom and closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes I was there. I looked over to see Edward with me and smiled. “That’s pretty wicked. You have to admit that” I said. He laughed and suddenly I was talked into a hug. Which landed me on the ground. I groaned and looked up to see Rose. “Hi Rose, I missed you too” I said. “You two are getting married!” I laughed slightly and she stood up but I didn’t move. “You ok Shea?” I nodded “Yeah, just tired. I think I’ll stay down here” I said. I really was tired. Like all of the sudden. My head was spinning and I felt like I was going to pass out.

I felt arms lift me up. “Shea?” It was Edward’s voice. But he sounded far away. I shook my head slightly and everything rushed back into focus. I looked at Edward and smiled slightly. “I’m ok” he looked at me worried and I waved him off and pulled away from him. I landed face first on the bed, willingly, and buried my head in the pillow. “Why did you keep a bed?” I asked. “It reminded me of you” I shrugged and closed my eyes. Fuck, why was it so freaking hot in here? I felt like I was going to melt into a damn puddle.

I felt Edward wrap his arms around me. “Shea you’re burning up” I groaned and buried my head in his chest. It didn’t take long for me to fall asleep either. But when I did I wished I hadn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its short.