‹ Prequel: One Last Kiss
Status: Finished

I Must Be Dreaming

Show Me

I shot up so fast and looked around. The memories of that day, the day I died slammed into my head causing my breathing to speed up. It was almost like I was living it again. It felt so real. I felt hands on my face and looked up to see Edward. He was talking but the ringing in my head was to loud for me to hear. I looked away then back at me. I concentrated on trying to read his lips. But I couldn’t focus on them. I moved a strand of hair out of my face before moving to the side as Carlisle came into view. He was talking too. But I couldn’t hear him.

I felt my heartbeat sped up and my vision went in and out of focus. Edward moved back in front of me and was talking again. He grabbed my hands tightly and said something to Carlisle. I felt like I was on fire. And not on a good way either. I didn’t understand what was going on.

Then…everything went black…

When I woke up, I wasn’t actually awake. It was like I was watching a movie, in my head. There was a battle going on. I watched myself take out people, members of the Volturi. I could tell that much. I watched as I looked over to see the vampires running toward The wolves and the Cullen’s. They were outnumbers, hnundreds to one. There was no way they were going to win. My eyes widened as I ran over. I tried to stop them, then I watched as I looked at Edward and said something before starting a fire, around me and the vampires, and closing it in. Around them, and me.

I shot up again only this time I was aware of what was going on. Kinda.

“You sacrifices yourself, for us.” I looked over to see Edward and I moved to my knees in front of him. “For you” he slowly reached up and ran a finger over my cheek. “I told you, I’m here for a reason. That reason, is to protect this family, the wolves, the shifters, to protect you. You spent so much time protecting me. Now it’s my turn.” I said. He pushed a strand of hair out of my face and I smiled slightly. He grabbed my hand and slipped a ring on my finger and smiled. I smiled slightly and held it up. It shimmered in the light and my smile widened. Sparkles are bad for ADHD. Edward laughed and I narrowed my eyes.

“Oh, you think that’s funny huh?” He nodded and I knocked him down and straddled his waist. “You’re stuck with me now Edward Cullen. I hope you are prepare for what we both know is going to happen” His smile fell a bit and I smiled slightly and stood up. “Come on, I want to show you something” he looked at me confused and I smiled slightly and held out my hand. He stood up and laced our fingers together and I pulled him out the window and threw the woods.

I pulled him to the ocean, not ont eh reservation, we ran for a while, so much that it was a few hours later and almost sunset when we got there. “Isn’t it beautiful?” I asked looking out at the sunset.He looked at me and I sat down. “Every night, at sunset, when I was a kid I’d sit by the ocean wishing that one day, I would be able to make a difference. People would actually remember me for something good. That I would actually matter to someone. I had so many dreams, so many things I wanted to do.” I smiled slightly “I made a list once, of things I wanted to do before I died. Silly little things, but now, I regret never doing them. Never being able to do them.” I said.

“You can still do then Shea” I looked over at Edward and shook my head. “No I can’t. I can’t put glitter on a ceiling fan, or sleep on a boat in the middle of the ocean, or go on a submarine in the ocean. I can’t just have a day where I walk around in my PJ’s and do nothing but watch movies with my boyfriend. There is no time to do any of that stuff anymore.” I said. He looked over at me and I sighed before standing up since the sun was now down.

“That’s what I wanted to show you, not have you listen to my whining” I said. “You’re not whining Shea” I nodded “Actually I was. I accepted long ago that it wasn’t going to happen. It doesn’t matter anymore.” I said. He walked over to me and leaned his forehead on mine. “Is it important to you?” I looked down slightly. “Just forget it ok” he sighed but leaned down and kissed me. When we pulled away I smiled slightly. “Let’s head back” he nodded and I jumped on his back, mainly cause I was to lazy to walk.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its short and been a while. i just worked 6 days in a row. Tired as FUCK!