Two Worlds

The Date

"Your face... is so red..." Amanda stated as she was looking back at me from my closet. Amanda had come over my house to pick out a dress I was going to wear with Riley tonight.

Yeah. Riley was taking me out... tonight. I was not looking forward to that. And Amanda was over my house helping me pick out what to wear.

I rubbed my forehead and sighed, "Well... I had an... interesting dream last night."

"About what?" She asked. "Slapping yourself?"

I glared at her, "No. It was weirder than slapping myself. It felt real."

"What was it about?"

I sighed, "Robby came to visit me... in my bedroom."

She stopped shuffling through my clothes and turned around. She got up next to me and smiled, "What you just say? Duke Robert came to visit you in your bedroom?"

"Why are you getting excited? It was a dream."

"Didn't I tell you I analyze dreams? Now, tell me."

I shook my head and sighed, "Well... I thought I wasn't sleeping because it felt so real. It was when I woke up I knew I was dreaming."

She just looked at me so I continued. "I dreamt... Of not being able to sleep... Then I heard someone sitting on my bed, I got freaked out so when I turned around... It was... My Duke."

"That's all? Conversations?"

I sighed, "He said... He missed me... and we... almost..."

"Almost what?"

"Kissed."

She shrieked then laid down on the bed. "Oh my god! How romantic!"

I rolled my eyes and pulled her arm to sit back up. I started, "Aye. It's just a dream."

"That must mean... You miss him terribly."

"How?"

"Because you're dreaming that's he's saying he misses you... Or... The other hand... He could possibly miss you."

I smirked and blushed. She snickered then went back up to my closet to grab a dress. I peaked through Robby's diary and just looked at his picture. Amanda started, "Didn't you say you thought seeing Elizabeth was a dream?"

"I thought it was. But... then... I don't know. It's so... unexplainable."

She smiled, "I bet you wanted Duke Robby to be real, right?"

"Oh... you have no idea."

We laughed and then she sighed, "I want to meet him so badly. Is there any way I can go over there with you?"

I shrugged, "We'll have to try many experiments with that. But, since no one else can see the shining doorway besides me. I don't know."

She then handed me my dark blue dress with polka dots.

"This is adorable. I'm sure Riley would love to see that."

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

I wanted to see Robby... more than I wanted to see Riley.

-->

"You hungry?" Riley asked me as we walked out of the movie. I sighed, "I guess... A little."

"Let's go then. On me." He said smiling.

We went to eat at a nice restaurant in town and sat across from each other. He started, "I'm surprised at what you're wearing. It's chilly outside."

I looked down at my bare legs and my boots. If only... Freaking Amanda let me wear leggings. But she said, "If you want to get information... You need to look good."

I replied, "Yeah. I couldn't find my leggings."

He grabbed my hand from across and smirked, "It's okay. I like it."

I looked at Riley. Riley was a handsome guy. Messy dirty blonde hair, a bit long, brown eyes, a nice smile, perfect colored white skin, tall, muscular and handsome... but he was really not my type. And him saying that he liked me wearing a short shirt with boots... is not the politest thing ever.

Not like Robby.

I kept thinking about Duke Richard the entire time looking at him.

And how much I missed my Duke right now.

When our food was ready, the waitress put my plate down first and when he pulled his hand away, my bag fell on the floor. And Robby's picture fell out of my bag and slid under Riley's chair.

"My apologies." The waiter said. I smiled, "It's okay."

The waitress placed his food down and left. Riley bent down to pick the picture up and started crumpling the picture up. I quickly took it out of his hands and he looked pissed.

"You keep his picture with you?" He asked furiously. I replied, "Yes. I like it."

Before I placed it back in my bag, he took it out of my hands, then stood up. "This is unnecessary."

My eyes went big on him.

What the hell was he doing?

He walked away and I grabbed his wrist. "Okay. I'm starting to suspect that you know more about Duke Robert than just who he was in history."

He smirked then grabbed my arm... "Of course I do."

He walked out of the restaurant then I quickly put money on the table. I followed him outside then ran to get the picture out of his hands. "What do you know? How? Why?"

He grabbed my arms really hard and replied, "Miss Madison. You're saying you don't remember me?"

I looked at him with a puzzled look and slightly shook my head. He kind of laughed, "Richard. Duke Richard, remember?"

My eyes widened at him and I pushed him off. I quickly put Robby's picture in my bag and pointed at Riley, "What the hell are you talking about?"

His eyes changed like to a crazy person. He looked so pissed off right now.

Like a ghost possessed him or something.

Actually, not like.

I think it actually was a ghost possessing him.

He laughed, "Miss Madison. The girl who was always interested in my brother, Robert."

Okay, now I got freaked out.

"Duke... Duke Richard?"

He raised his eyebrows at me and slightly smirked. I started breathing heavily as he grabbed my arms harder and harder.

I was so confused right now.

He took the picture back from me, "This? All these years and you still kept this in your hands? You can never forget him, can you?"

"How are you here? How? Why? What do you want?"

"Helping Uncle. And myself."

He grabbed me by the wrist and then dragged me really hard, as he threw the picture down on the ground. I looked back at it and breathed so hard.

"Walk!" He demanded.

I kept walking because he was hurting me really badly, but my picture.

~ Amanda ~

"Maddy!" I shrieked as Riley was dragging her to somewhere. I quickly ran after they had their argument. Which I could barely hear, but I had to help her.

Maddy had asked me to stay by the corner all the time during their date with her brother, Marc, so we did. Marc started running after her and I grabbed his wrist, "Dude. Keep your cool... We're following."

"That is my sister. If he hurts her, I'm hurting him."

Marc quickly ran after them and then I ran a little. I then stepped on something and looked down. It was a picture.

When I picked it up, it was Maddy's picture of Duke Robert.

The picture she always had carried with her.

This is not good.

~ End ~

We went into the back of a dark parking lot where his car was the only car parked there.

I started to get freaked out.

He dragged me into the back of his car and I tried getting out. He pushed me back, but when I tried getting out again, he grabbed both of my hands and held it hard. I yelled, "What is wrong with you?! Did a ghost possess you or something?!"

His face came close to mine, "What's wrong with me? I am forcing you to forget about that bloody brother of mine. I have got nothing that is worse than him. Why did you choose him?"

Why did I choose him?

What the hell is he talking about?

"Riley! You're crazy right now, let go of me!"

"No! I waited many years to meet you again... I'm not letting go of you now."

He then got on top of me and then started pecking on my neck. I screamed very loudly, "Ahhh! You psycho! Get off of me!!"

He pushed me down harder then tried kissing my mouth but I pushed his face back. That just made him more angry. I started crying my eyes out and just tried pushing him off.

Just then, the sharp sound came. The sharp sound of the doorway.

Oh god... Oh god...

I tried pushing Riley off, but he was too strong. I kicked him several times but he still managed to get on me.

Where was my brother and my friend when I needed them?

As he moved around my neck, the sound came louder and louder. It was such a sharp and annoying noise that I couldn't control how it sounded in my head. I began screaming as my head started hurting so much. I also cried because he tried so hard to get to kiss my mouth.

I screamed, but Riley didn't care.

Just then, I saw someone pull Riley but his collar and then Scott appeared. I quickly got up and ran up to Amanda.

"Are you okay?" She asked grabbing my wrist. I nodded, "I'm fine. I gotta go home... My head is killing me."

"You have a headache?"

"No... The doorway's opening. Robby wrote something."

I saw Scott punch Riley in the stomach like five times. I couldn't stop crying and Amanda cupped her hands around my face to wipe tears off but they kept coming. I had never been in this kind of situation before.

I looked over and Scott now punched Riley in the face. Riley then pushed him then they started fighting. The sound beeped in my head like crazy.

"Oooaah!" I screamed. She grabbed my forehead, "Go home. I'll take care of this way."

I shook my head, "My brother."

"I'll take care of him, don't worry. You need to go home... Now!"

I looked back at the guys who were still fighting and cried seeing Scott get hurt. Amanda yelled, "Go! You'll get hurt! Go!"

"I can't leave him like this." I said. I went over to the two of them fighting then pulled Riley off of him, then pushed him into the car. His car keys was on the ground so I shut the door and locked it.

I pointed at him, "I'm not done with you yet."

Riley looked furious, but I turned around.

I handed Scott the car keys, "I gotta go. Take care of it from here. I'll see you in a few hours."

He and I nodded at eachother and then quickly ran back to my house. After ten minutes of running with an extreme headache and a sharp sound in my head, I finally ran through the front door of my house. I was still crying as I ran downstairs to my basement and stood in front of the doorway. I closed my eyes and thought about my brother and if he was okay. I'm sure they could take care of it somehow.

I placed my hands on the shining doorway then it turned me around.

I was back in the palace... of history.

I saw Robby standing nearby the doorway, as I was still crying. I saw him and cried more, and more... and just pouted my mouth at him.

"Are you alright?"

I shook my head and was shaking so badly. I sobbed, "Robby... I..." I couldn't take it anymore, so I ran up to him and hugged him.

I didn't know what to do.

I was so upset... angry... and mad... Worried about my brother and Amanda is also another thing. But I was pissed.

Riley tried to rape me... and I've never been in that situation before nor have I ever thought of encountering this situation.

After thirty seconds, Robby finally placed his hands on my back and he started, "What's wrong? Why do you cry?"

I sobbed more and more and shook my head. He moved his hands to the back of my head as he continued, "I hate seeing you like this. It's not you."

I finally pulled away from him but his arms was still holding on to mine. I took one arm away and wiped tears off my hands. My make up was probably terrible right now but I really didn't care. He took one arm off and wiped tears off my face. He started, "You look horrid."

I glared at him and slightly pushed him in the arm. "You're a mean Duke sometimes."

He slightly smiled and put his hands around my face. I hiccuped once and he looked at me, "Can you explain what occured to me?"

"I'll tell you later... when I'm in a better mood. I'm not feeling the greatest right now."

He nodded his head and wiped the tears that were left. He still held onto my arm and I gulped once. I pointed, "You called me at the worse time. I didn't bring anything with me. Your picture's even gone. I don't know where it is by now."

"Did you have an argument with someone? Your Father, perhaps?"

I shook my head, "Your brother's ghost in the future possessed my friend. The one who has the same face."

Robby looked really confused and I sighed, "I think... I'm going to have to see a lot of Duke Richard when I'm here."

"Why?" He quickly asked.

"It's something. If Duke Richard's spirit possesses my friend in the future, I'm sure... there's gotta be something. He also said... I've waited many years to meet you... In that old, ancient British accent. I don't know..."

I walked away from Robby and went to go look at the picture they had displaying on the wall. I looked at Duke Richard closely and sighed. I repeated what he said, "You've always been interested my brother... Miss Madison...Duke Richard or Riley - What do you want from me?"

I quickly turned around and started, "Is your brother here? Can I see him?"

He looked my face and coughed. "Why do you want to meet him?"

I pulled my bangs out of my face, "I just told you. Your brother's spirit in the future possessed my friend, so I need to get to the bottom of this."

"Spirit?"

I nodded my head and he coughed, "That means... Richard is dead, in your world."

I nodded my head again. Robby continued, "Richard and I are differentiated by one year of age."

I gulped once. I never said that he was dead in my century. I didn't know how to approach him with that. He walked away and turned to have his back facing me. He sighed, "That must mean... I am also dead in your world."

I walked up to him and sighed, "You're not to me... You still live in my..."

He turned around and we slightly bumped into each other. We met eyes and I stared up on those gorgeous pair of green eyes again.

Just like in my dream.

I pulled away and he nodded at me, "My apologies."

He sighed, "So... I still live in... where?"

I wanted to say... My heart... but I wasn't daring enough to say it. I smiled, "Nothing. You still live on for me. You're not dead in my heart yet."

He smiled at me and pulled my bangs out of my face for me. I stood there blushing and he smiled, "Your words are also very... touching."

"I am a touching person." I joked. He smiled and shook his head. "What costume is this?"

I looked down to look at my blue polka dotted dress, black cardigan sweater and black boots. I slightly giggled, "Yeah... My friend didn't let me wear leggings."

"Where did you depart to?"

"Hmm?"

"Did you take a visit somewhere?"

I scratched my head, "Oh... I went on a... date... with my friend."

He raised his eyebrows at me, "A date?"

"Umm... Yeah I'm sure this century doesn't really have it. In my world... When a boy and a girl goes out... One on one."

"What? Why'd you do that? That's outrageous."

I forwarded my arms at him and held my hands out, "Stop... I'm not done. I was out... with Riley, the dude who likes like your brother, Duke Richard... In order to get more information because he knows a lot more about you than just who you are in history. I had my brother and my friend stand by to make sure it was okay."

"Is there more of a reason of why you came crying?"

I replied, "Like I said. I think your brother's spirit posessessed him and got really mad. So he pulled me... into the back of his car and tried to rape me..."

"Rape? He tried... You came in contact with him?"

"I didn't want to but... It's okay. He only kissed my neck anyway, after that... My brother hurt the living guts out of him."

"Your brother is a good man..."

"More than good. My guardian angel sometimes." I replied.

"You're... Okay now? Correct?"

He placed his hands on my face again and I gulped. I nodded my head, "I'm good."

I looked around the very large library and smiled, "So... Like I said... You wrote at the worse time ever. I brought nothing with me. I had like a backpack that I prepared to bring clothes I could have you wear, my camera so I could take pictures for my friend to see, my own clothes, my fat free shirt..."

Then he pulled me into a hug.

Okay.

Confused much?

Very.

"Umm?"

"I apologize. I wanted to see you again, but there is absolutely no way to communicate with you through that door... The only way I can is..."

"Is what?"

He coughed, "Nothing... It's nothing... Forget I said anything."

Just then I saw Elizabeth reaching downstairs and she gasped loudly. We quickly pulled away from each other and met eyes, wandering around.

I smiled at Elizabeth, "How are you?"

"I am well, Miss Madison. Thank you for your asking."

We stayed silent for about two minutes until he continued again, "Well... You certainly can't go upstairs with this image." Robby started.

I looked down to see my outfit again.

Well, I liked it.

During summer time, anyway.

Elizabeth stood there looking at me up and down. I smiled at her, "You guys must not wear anything like this in this year, right?"

She shook her head and I looked back at Robby, "Do I have to wear that hideous dress again? I laudried it back at home but I was in a hurry to get here."

He placed both of his hands on my shoulders and nodded his head, "Unfortunately yes. You have to wear that. Father and Uncle have been asking about you. They have an invitation for you but I said you've been wandering around the palace, in and out."

I smirked and grabbed his hands, "You... are a smart man, Duke."

Elizabeth stood there frowning. I looked at Robby and motioned him to take his arms off me. He looked back at Elizabeth then slowly took it off of me.

I sighed and went up to grab her wrists, "So... Can I not wear that corset thingy? I think I still have a sore from wearing that."

"I must ask Duke Robert about that request."

"I forgot my fat free shirt though." I whined. "Seriously... It's the future version of a corset. It's tight, you can barely breathe and you can barely eat. Legit, I call it a fat free shirt and my sweat shirt." All she did was smile as she continued walking with my hands wrapped around her arms. I then tripped over the carpet that had a slight wedge on it and I fell down on my butt.

"Owww." I whined.

Robby started laughing, "You have such a lacking grace of movement. Like the night where you fell off your bed... So, gumbly."

What did he just say?

Did he say...

What?

"Did you just say, the night I fell off my bed?"