Bury Me Alive

Chapter 9

X Mesly’s p.o.v. X

It had been a few days since the tour has started and thing were … pretty awkward.

You want to know why?

Alright, well I’ll tell you.

First there are these really creepy dudes that will not stop staring at me!

Seriously I’m not kidding, like this one dude I think his name is Nick?

He’s from this band called “Get Scared” and you know what the name really fits the band because I am getting scared!

Well he’s a really nice guy and all, but it just freaks me out that he has like one green eye and one completely white.

I shuddered just thinking about it.

Anyways and then there was Matt, who would not leave me alone!

He’s such a stalker, but a creepy one!

I like Matt and all, he’s nice, but it just scares me how I always catch him looking at me and it’s just … well scary!

I sighed and looked down at the counter where all my make up was, or well Andy’s make up since he bought it for me.

Just as I was picking up my mascara someone opened the door, which made me flinch since I was concentrating really hard.

“Mesly may I come in?” Andy asked

I turned to look at him and smile.

“Sure” I said

Andy smiled back and then came in and closed the door behind him.

“I wanted to talk to you about something.” Andy said

I stopped applying my makeup and looked at him.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked (starting to panic)

Andy laughed and wrapped his arms around me.

“No Mesly, nothing’s wrong, quite the opposite everything is great!” Andy exclaimed

“Alright well can you tell me why everything is so great?” I asked

“Well my best friend is with me on tour, we are touring around the states, and guess who is going to release their first album?!” Andy said

We both screamed and jumped up and down and then I gave him a hug.

“No way! Congrats Andy!” I said

He smiled.

“I found this out like not even five minutes ago and I kind of wanted to let you know before the rest of the guys.” He said

“Why me though?” I asked

“Uh, duh, you’re my best-est friend in the world!” Andy said

I narrowed my eyes and mocked glared at him.

“Really, what about Matt?” I pressed

“Matt is my other best friend…. You’re not getting jealous are you?” Andy asked

Uh… quick Mesly think of something.

“No!” I said a little too quickly

Andy chuckled and the he kissed my forehead and walked out.

I poked my head out of the bathroom and was about to call Andy back in when I noticed that every single band was on the bus and they all looked at me and Andy with wide eyes.

Someone coughed, but that was the only sound that came out.

“Were you guys uh… doing … stuff in there?” Jake asked

Everyone looked at me and I blushed and popped my head back in and closed the door.

Then I heard people start laughing.

“Mesly I’m just kidding you should have seen your face!” Jake said

I blushed even harder and then tried to apply my mascara again, but with no avail this time.

Frustrated I sat down on the toilet.

(Not to do my business, the seat thing was down… you get my point!)

Suddenly there was another knock on the door.

“What?!” I snapped

The door opened up a little and Matt slowly came in with two raised hands, as if to say that he was innocent and meant no harm.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to-“ I said

“Don’t sweat it… um look I came to apologize for … creeping you out, I didn’t mean to.” Matt said

My head jerked up and gave him a curious look.

So he had noticed that I had been watching him watch me.

We stared at each other for a minute before I decided to break the silence.

“Um… okay I forgive you?” I said (rather asked)

He laughed and then came closer to me with his arms open for me to give him a hug.

I eyed his arms for a second before I got up and went to hug him, but as soon as I did I regretted it.

Matt grabbed a handful of my clothes and pulled me with so much forced towards him that it left me breathless.

“What are you doing?” I asked frantically

“Listen up you slut, stay away from Andy or you will regret it, you understand me?!”

He yelled

I whimpered.

Matt then grabbed my hair and yanked it, causing me to cry out in pain.

“Answer me!” He said

I nodded.

“Yes, I’ll stay away, but please don’t hurt me.” I pled

He released me and then started to walk towards the door before he stopped and looked back at me.

I covered myself and expected a kick or punch or something, but instead he spoke.

“By the way if you tell anyone about this, I swear you won’t mutter another sound, and I’ll make sure of it.” He said through his teeth.

I nodded and then moved away from him, in fear that he might come back and hurt me again.

Matt walked out and then slammed the door.

I stayed curled up in the corner, with fear to move so much as an inch.

Why did this always have to happen to me?!

Can’t I ever be safe from anyone?!

I haven’t done anything!

Then I looked around me for something sharp, and found a piece of broken glass in the corner.

Carefully I crawled over to it, picked it up and then put it onto my wrist and I began to slice, over and over.

I couldn’t stop myself because I was so angry at Matt.

There was yet another knock and I stopped and quickly looked around.

I threw the piece of glass down the toilet and flushed it, then I grabbed a towel and put it over my arm, with I regretted not two seconds later.

I then ground my teeth and spoke through them.

“Yes?” I asked

“Um… Mesly… it’s me Jinxx, can we talk?” He asked

I got up and opened then opened the door just a crack so that my … cuttings wouldn’t show.

“Sure… what’s up?” I asked

“May I come in?” He asked

“I’m … naked right now.” I lied

He blushed.

“Oh okay… I’ll let you finished getting dressed then…. Would you meet me up later please?” Jinnx asked

“Yeah totally, where?” I asked

“Well I think there’s a coffee shop around here somewhere, I’ll pick you up and then we will go there later on tonight, sound good?” He asked

I smiled and nodded.

“Sounds great.” I said

“Okay, well I’ll let you finish up then.” He said

“Thanks…” I said

He looked like he was about to say something and then he turned and walked away.

I closed the door and then sighed.

How on earth am I supposed to keep this from Andy?

I slumped against the floor and slid down until I reached the floor and then I wrapped my arms around my knees.

***

That whole day I avoided Andy as much as possible because I was afraid of Matt, but that couldn’t last long because next thing you know Andy came up to me and sat down to my left.

I scanned around quickly to see if Matt was around before I moved away slightly and pretended to be very interested in a magazine that I was looking at.

“Mesly, are you okay?” Andy asked

I quickly glanced at him and nodded before I began to look at the magazine again.

“Why are you avoiding me, is it because of what I said this morning?” He asked

“No… I just… don’t feel well.” I lied

“What’s wrong, do you need some medicine or something?” Andy asked

“No, no I’m not sick like that … I just it’s cramps.” I said

He stayed quiet a minute, which I figured I made him uncomfortable.

“Um… do you need me to buy you some… feminine stuff?” Andy asked (clearly uncomfortable)

I put down my magazine and looked at him.

When suddenly Matt walked in and gave me a warning look.

“No I’m okay, I’ve got to go, I’ll see you later.” I called

Then I walked down the little hall and picked a random bunk, that wasn’t Andy’s.

I closed the curtains and then sat in the corner, hoping that no one would come over.

When no one came in I took a deep breath and laid down when someone did open the curtain and crawled in.

Then they noticed that someone was in there and almost screamed when he saw me.

“Holy crud dude, you scared me!” He said

Slowly I realized who it was and I pinched myself mentally.

Crud!

“I’m sorry, I’ll get out…” I said

He put his arm in front of me to block my exit and I suddenly became scared.

“No please stay… I want to get to know you.” He said

I froze.

When he saw my face reaction he laughed.

“Okay that’s not how I meant that to come out… I didn’t mean it like that, um I just want to talk to you.” He said

I nodded and then noticed that he was dripping wet, I gave him a look to make him look down at himself and he cursed.

“That doesn’t help… could you give me a minute to put on some clothes please?” He asked

“Sure.” I said

I was about to get out when it hit me that he wanted me to close my eyes.

“It will only be a minute I promise, could you just close your eyes?” He asked

Blushing I covered my eyes.

I felt him come in a little further and then I heard his zipper go up.

“Alright you can look now.” He said

I peeked through my fingers and found him sitting on the opposite side of the bunk with his legs crossed and intently looking at me.

“See I told you it would only take me a minute.” He said

I nodded.

We sat there, awkwardly, as I tried not to look at him.

“You said you needed to talk to me?” I asked

“Ah yes, I’m sorry I slightly forgot what it was until now… alright so how’s your family?” He asked

This question confused me beyond confusion.

“What?” I asked

“How is your family?” He asked slowly

“Um… they are okay… why do you ask?” I pressed

“Well okay this might sound a little weird, but I’m your cousin.” He said

I laughed and then noticed that he wasn’t kidding.

“I’m sorry could you please repeat that?” I asked

“Mesly, I’m your cousin Nick… I’m your mom’s sister’s son.” He said

“What… how… huh?” I said

He laughed.

“You’re funny.” Nick said

“How do you know that?” I asked

“Well you look very familiar, and I’ve known about you since probably you were born… hasn’t your mom ever mentioned our family?” He asked

I shook my head.

“No… I didn’t even know I had anymore family…” I said

“Let me guess she probably told you that her side of the family died in a car crash?” He asked

I nodded.

“How did you-?” I asked

“Mesly that’s all bull right there, I’m living proof, and my mom has always told me stories about how your mom married a drunk-“ He cut off

“Look I’m sorry I mean that.” He said

“No, she’s right, my dad was a drunk… and that’s the reason why I’m here.” I confessed

“What?” He asked incredulously

“Yeah, my dad kind of beat me up pretty badly, so Andy took me in and well now I’m here.” I said

“I always knew he was trouble from the minute he started dating your mom.” Nick said

“How old are you?” I asked

“About 19, why?” He asked

“Then… how did you know about when my mom and my dad were dating?” I asked

“Well I’m only three years younger than your mom… she had you very early.” Nick said

“Are you serious?” I asked

“Well how could you not notice? You mom, my aunt is very very young.” He said

Wow, I felt stupid.

“Alright then… how many other family members do we have?” I asked

“It’s just our grandma and my mom… and that’s it.” Nick said

“What about my grandpa and your dad?” I asked

“They… were both drunks as well; our family has a history of them sadly. Our grandpa … well I’m not sure what happened to him, and then my dad died about a year ago from cancer.” Nick said

When he said this he became quiet and lowered his head.

I crawled over to him and gave him a hug.

He returned it and kept me there.

“So now do you believe me?” He asked

I nodded.

“It’s nice to know that I at least have some family that cares about me.” I said

He smiled.

“Yes, I do care about you, even though you never knew about me before, but I don’t blame you… your mother… well I don’t know what to say about her.” He said

I smiled back.

“I know exactly what you’re thinking.” I said

“So tomorrow is our day off, and I want to take you out… would you let me?” He asked

“Sure.” I said

“Alright then, I’m going to kick you out because I’m getting tired, so good night.” Nick said

“Bye, good night my Nick, my cousin.” I said

“Feels weird saying that doesn’t it?” He asked

I nodded.

“Alright then… get out!” He said playfully

I laughed and got out of his bunk, when I ran into Andy.

“Mesly what were you doing in there?” He asked

“Nothing, I’m going to go out with Jinxx tonight okay?” I said

“Um, okay, but could you please explain what you were doing in Nick’s bunk?” He asked

“Like I’ve said before Andy, nothing.” I said

Andy grabbed my arm and I cried out.

He quickly let go.

“I’m so sorry Mesly, I didn’t mean to!” Andy said

“It’s okay, but please I’ve got to go Jinxx is waiting for me.” I said

Andy didn’t say anything and let me go before returning to his bunk upset.

I really wanted to go back to him and comfort him, but Matt was still lurking around, so I didn’t dare.

So I walked out of the bus and started to the left of it.

“Mesly, over here.” Jinxx said

I turned around and smiled.

***