Status: complete(: sequel has been posted.

Weightless

040

Zack drank in the scene around him. Jack had flipped the television on and was chattering excitedly as he skimmed through the channels. Rian would occasionally reach back and slap the back of Jack’s head if he didn’t like the show that was on and Jack would change it. Alex and Chloe were in their own little world, both of them smiling with content.

Zack had never expected this, though he had always wanted it. He knew Alex would be good for Chloe. He knew she trusted him more than she realized. But it still seemed so foreign to him. Chloe wasn’t known for giving in as easily as she just had. It made him nervous. But he wasn’t about to risk losing the happy Chloe sitting next to him by worrying about if it was real.

Chloe wasn’t sure what was going on. She had sworn she wouldn’t let Alex get to her, that she wouldn’t give in to him. But she couldn’t stop herself. She had been fighting for too long. Alex made it so easy to feel good, to feel happy, and she couldn’t fight against him anymore. She didn’t care about the fact that Marcus might very well kill her or what her parents would say. The only thing Chloe cared about at the moments was the heat radiating off of Alex’s chest and how she could faintly feel his heart beating against her shoulder. She snuggled deeper into his chest, loving the way his arms tightened on her waist possessively, but not enough to be painful the way Marcus’ would have been. She smiled softly.

Suddenly, Chloe shrieked. She thrashed about and Alex and Zack began yelling her name in a panic. She threw her head back, accidentally slamming it into Rian, who cried out in pain. Jack’s loud laughter broke through all of the other noises. Alex and Zack both looked over at him and noticed he held Chloe’s foot in his hand. The grin on his face was miles wide. Chloe screamed out again, kicking her feet in an attempt to get free. A hysterical laugh burst through her lips. Alex and Zack both reached over and hit Jack, who immediately dropped Chloe.

“Owwwww.” He whined, pouting and rubbing his arms.

“You scared the shit out of me, Jack.” Zack said crossly.

“Seriously, bro.” Alex added, pulling the gasping Chloe close again.

“You have a really hard head, Chloe.” Rian stated with a wince.

“Sorry.” Chloe managed to breath out.

“Well, I thought it was funny.” Jack mumbled.

Alex, Zack and Rian all shot him a harsh glare. Chloe smiled at him though and Jack reached for her again.

“No!” Alex cried childishly, slapping his hands away.

“Awh, but Chlobo loves me!”

“Not if you keep calling me that.” Chloe grumbled, wrapping her thin arms around Alex’s neck.

Alex stuck his tongue out at Jack who pouted again. Chloe giggled softly at the exchange and placed a small kiss on Alex’s neck. He immediately pulled her chin up and kissed her lightly on the lips before tucking her small frame back into his. All the other boys felt a smile steal across their faces at the sight. They had never seen Alex so tender when it came to girls. He was never outright mean to them, his mother had raised him too well for that, but he never seemed to show them any genuine care either. Chloe was different. His eyes were constantly on her, his fingers rubbing circles on her sides.

They stayed like that for the rest of the day. Chloe had eventually drifted to sleep in Alex’s arms. Her soft snores tickled the hair on his neck and he ran his hands through her hair every so often. A buzz against his leg alerted him to the fact that Chloe had received a text message. The rest of the boys had missed the sound, too engrossed in whatever was playing on the television. Alex tried to ignore it, but it continued to vibrate. His thigh felt like it was going numb and Alex was forced to move it. Normally, he would have just left it alone, but a name flashed across the screen. Alex clenched his fist.

“Zack.” He hissed, nudging the boy next to him.

Zack turned towards Alex, confused. Wordlessly, Alex held the phone up. At the sight of Marcus’ name Zack growled lowly. The call ended since no one had picked it up in time, but the phone began buzzing just a few moments later, Marcus’ name appearing again. Zack glanced at his cousin’s sleeping form before grabbing the device.

“Fuck off, Hanner. And don’t ever call this number again.” He snapped before hanging up.

The phone went off again, and Zack rejected the call immediately. He quickly turned the phone off and shoved it away. Zack stared at it for a minute and then hid it under the couch. He glanced at Chloe nervously and then attempted to turn his attention to the television again. Alex could tell based on Zack’s actions that something bad was stirring in the air. He frowned and anxiously clutched onto Chloe tighter. She sighed softly, burying her face into Alex’s neck and breathing deeply. Alex chewed onto his lip as he stared down at the tiny girl. His stomach was tying into knots the more he thought about what could possibly happen. Alex didn’t like this feeling. He didn’t like it one bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
His magic little fish who grant his every wish, cause in reality they are his ODD PARENTS FAIRLY ODD PARENTS!
I'm watching that as I cough up my lungs right now. Brings me back to my childhood.(:

Just a fluffy short little filler chapter for y'all. I'm trying to work my way up to the finale, which will probably be in a few chapters. I'm thinking 45 max. I'm so ridiculously excited for it though, it's not even funny. I have so much of the sequel written already. ;) Speaking of which you should click here and check out my fanfic blog that will give you little sneak peaks for the upcoming chapters and the sequel.(:

Thanks to my LLC (lovely little commenters!):
xnothingtolosex
Baby.Blue.Eyes
(I guess I can understand everything the store has to offer haha it just made me angry cause I couldn't buy anything and my dad was gone so I had like no food. but it's all good now!(:)
newyork_xo
Helpless
(apple works just as well(: I only like peach because it reminds me of Mario hah)
dirty_w0rk (gosh, I just love that song! actually I just love Christina Perri haha) and
heygracerun
All of you just make me so happy(: I love hearing everything you have to say. It makes me smile like a love struck school girl. You guys give me premature ventricular contractions. <3

Okay, so literally as I was about to post this, my little brother comes running into my dad's house with a bottle of wine in his hand. I was like "Zach, what the fuck?" And he goes "I just have to get something!" And then disappears into my dad's office. He comes out like five minutes later without the wine and runs outside to my mom's car without saying another word. I don't understand...