I'll Be the Cure to Your Depression

Will He Remember Me?

A week later and it was finally my birthday. I sat up and wiped the sleep out of my eyes. I turned and reached for my glasses and smiled at the concert ticket sitting on my nightstand. “Zoey! Wake the fuck up right now I have something for you!” I groaned and pushed myself off the bed and made my way to the door. I pulled it open and smiled at Kinsey and Callie. “Come on now it’s early.” “I don’t give a shit!” Kinsey spat and shoved a box in my face. I sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed and ripped off the wrapper. I looked up at Kinsey and Callie’s eager faces and then back down to the box. I pulled the top off and stared at the shirt. “What the fuck Kinsey!” I pulled the shirt out of the box and held it up. The words ‘I’m in love with Ricky Horror’ stared back at me. She simply smirked and picked up the box and tossed the purple skinny jeans at me. “Hurry and get dressed chica.” She smiled and pulled Callie out of the room. She did this on purpose. I stood up and before I could pull my shirt off she popped her head back in. “Oh and you better have that shirt on or you will suffer the consequences.” She smiled sweetly then went right back out the door.

So I changed and I pulled the shirt over my head. I walked over to the mirror and stared at myself for a minute. I grabbed my brush and brushed out my blonde and purple hair. I guess I’d wear my contacts. I walked into the bathroom and did all that was necessary to get ready. “Zoey are you bout done?” Kinsey asked, walking up to my bathroom door and knocking. “Yeah Kins, is the concert early or something?” “Yeah we have an hour. We gotta get going.” I sighed and did all the finishing touches to my hair and make-up and pulled open the door. She looked me over then finally smiled. “Ok I guess that works. You’re lucky I didn’t have you dress all sexy for Ricky.” “I wouldn’t have done it.” “Come on now, have some guts. You let him go once, you better not do it again.” “That’s easier said than done Kinsey. He’s a big star now. He probably doesn’t even remember me. Besides like you said, I probably won’t even see him face to face.” “We’ll see,” And as she turned and walked out the door I caught sight of a smile stretching across her face. Oh God. I knew now that she had done something, or was gonna do something. I needed to stay near her at all times to stop her from doing anything. I grabbed my leather jacket and pulled it on, then pulled on my black and white converse. I tied the purple shoe strings in place then walked out the door. What would I do if they did recognize me? That is if they even saw me. Did I want them to see me? I was so torn. I stuffed my phone in my back pocket and smiled slightly at Kinsey and Callie. “Get your ass out this door right this minute! I am not gonna be late to see my future husband and the gorgeous God like man that I am so gonna rape!” I shook my head and followed Callie out the door and to the car. I had a bad feeling about all of this. Hopefully it would be dark wherever we were.

I pulled the car into a parking space and cut the engine. “Guys I don’t think I can do this.” “Nonsense!” Kinsey exclaimed and shoved the door open, jumping out and glaring at me through the window. I sighed and got out myself, stuffing the keys in my jacket pocket along with my wallet. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and followed Kinsey and Callie. I was glad we would be indoors since it was winter. That’s one thing I hated about my birthday, but only sometimes. I always wished it would snow on my birthday, but it never has. “I’m so pumped!” Kinsey yelled and took off through the gates after we handed in our tickets. I followed Kinsey and Callie, and somehow we ended up right behind the front row. That made my stomach twist in a nervous knot. It’s not like they’d see me. It’s not like they’d know me anyways. Black Veil Brides were the first to play. Let me tell you it was amazing. During the break, I pushed my way through the crowd and stopped at the bar, ordering an ice cold Jack Daniels. I sat down on one of the stools and pulled out my I.D for the bartender. “I’d love to work a concert one night. It’d be so fun.” I commented to the bartender and he smiled at me. “Are you a bartender?” “Yes part time. I plan on buying and opening my own place as soon as I have enough money.” “That’s pretty fucking sweet. I’ll have to keep a look out and visit sometime.” “Yes you will.” I smiled and picked up my drink, loving the feel as it went down my throat. “Can I get a Bud Light?” The bartender nodded to the guy and I turned my head toward the stage, trying to pick Kinsey and Callie out of the crowd. I jumped when someone grabbed my shoulders. “What the fuck!” “Come on Birthday Girl Motionless In White is about to come on!” I heard a faint chuckle off to the side and held onto my Daniels as they tugged me back through the crowd. Who the fuck chuckled? There was a guy sitting next to me I think. I turned and tried to gaze over the crowd and back at the bar, but the stool was now empty. I shrugged then turned to the stage as it got dark.

God Ricky was so beautiful. My eyes were locked on him through the whole thing. Not once did I notice any of them looking at me and for that I was sort of grateful. I still hadn’t decided if I wanted them to see me or not. I found myself going crazy and all too soon it was over. “Thank all you mother fuckers for showing up today! Remember, throw that middle finger in the air to all that have told you that you can’t be the person you have chosen to be in life!” Chris yelled into the mic and then they were gone off of the stage. “That was so fucking amazing! Come on let’s go jump the gate!” Kinsey yelled and I laughed and shook my head. “Nope that’s enough for you. I have to go to work anyways. You guys can come with me. I know you want some drinks.” “But I wanna rape Balz.” Kinsey pouted. “It’s my birthday so what I say goes.” She pouted, but followed me anyways.

We got to the bar and I took my spot serving drinks. “There’s the birthday girl! Why didn’t you call in today?” My friend and co-bartender Jason asked me. I shrugged. “I just came from a concert and I just wanted to serve drinks.” He smiled and passed a tray of shots to Sam, the waitress. I smiled and began preparing drinks for the line of guys in front of the bar. “It sure is crowded tonight.” I called over to Jason and he nodded in agreement. “Zoey I want a drink!” Kinsey shouted as her and Callie sat in front of me. “Ok Kinsey chill,” I grabbed two bottles of Jack and slid them over to their awaiting hands. I let out a sigh and continued on as the night progressed. I was an hour into my shift when Jason stopped me. “What’s up Jason?” “I’m covering the rest of your shift for you. Go have a few birthday drinks with your friends.” I shook my head in refusal. “Jason this place is crawling with people. You can handle this by yourself.” “I can and I will. Now I demand you to go have fun. It’s your birthday after all.” “No buts!” Kinsey suddenly as she appeared back in front of me. “Let’s go before some drunk guy pushes Callie out of our booth.” I sighed, kissed Jason’s cheek, then followed Kinsey back to the booth while carrying a bottle of Jack. “There’s the birthday girl!” Callie smiled as I took a seat. I admit I was dying for a drink. I turned the bottle up and took a long drink of it. “So guess what Zo, we have another present for you.” I sat the bottle down and slowly turned to look at Kinsey. I really felt like bolting out of the bar right now. “Kinsey no more presents.” “You’ll love this one. I promise.” I sighed and let my head fall over on the table, my purple hair falling in my face. “Your present just got here. I’ll be back!” I didn’t say anything and didn’t look up as Kinsey ran off. I really wanted to fall asleep. “There’s plenty of room to sit with us. This is Callie, and this lovely lady is the birthday girl.” I felt Kinsey’s arms latch around me and I groaned. If she sat me up on a blind date I was gonna murder her. “Zo, aren’t you gonna look at your present?” “I swear if you sat me up I’m gonna kill you.” I rose up from my slumped position and glared at her. “Why don’t you look and see.” She grinned and then I heard a familiar voice. “Zo, Zoey! Holy fuck!” I stared wide eyed as Chris stood in front of the booth. “Chris?” “Yeah, holy shit get up and give me a hug!” I let a smile spread across my face as I stood up and hugged him tight. “It’s been so long since I’ve seen you.” He lifted me off the ground and then I was suddenly crushed by another body as they latched onto me. “Balz!” Kinsey screeched, and I knew that’s who was hugging me. “Zoey!” Chris and Balz sat me down and I turned to Ryan and Angelo before they attacked me in a hug. I looked around the guys standing around me. One was missing. “Damn if I had known it was you that we gave free tickets for I would’ve called you ladies out of the crowd.” I smiled at Chris. “You guys are amazing.” “Thanks Zo, damn just look at you. How many tats do you have now?” “Uh I actually lost count. The guys laughed and I pushed Balz into the booth, forcing him to sit next to Kinsey. She smiled at me then quickly struck up a conversation with Balz. Everyone took their seats and I stared at the empty place left. “He’s outside smoking. He didn’t know you were the birthday girl. None of us knew, we thought we were just meeting another fan. Your friends are pretty cool.” “Yeah I love them…wait who’s outside smoking?” “Don’t play dumb Zo, your lover boy,” He tugged lightly on my shirt with a smirk. “Is outside smoking.” I looked down at my shirt and my cheeks suddenly lit on fire. “Uh Kinsey made me wear this.” “Come on Zo, it’s no secret.” I let out a sigh and he pushed me lightly out of the booth. “Go on you two need some alone time.” I looked around the booth and noticed them all smiling at me. “Ok maybe I can do this.” I made my way to the door, gazing at Jason who smiled at me, then I walked out. I stared out into the dark parking lot for a few seconds before I stuffed my hands in my jacket pockets and turned, looking for any signs of Ricky. My breath caught when I noticed him leaning up against the building with a cigarette pressed to his lips. I slowly approached him then leaned against the wall next to him. He didn’t even look my way. “You know those things could kill you?” I looked up at his beautiful face. He simply nodded. “Yeah I know. Do you want an autograph or something? I don’t want to be mean but I really don’t wanna be here.” “Then why are you here?” I asked, staring ahead of me to try to keep from staring at him. “Some girls called and convinced Chris to bring us and meet this girl for her birthday. Apparently she’s my biggest fan.” I was kinda hurt by this, but then I remembered that he didn’t know it was me. “Do you not like fans?” “I love our fans, it’s just the psycho clingy ones that I don’t like.” “Well maybe she won’t be clingy.” He took one last draw off his cigarette then flicked it down on the ground, lightly stomping on it with his foot. “Well I have a feeling I won’t be so lucky.” He leaned back against the wall and still didn’t look at me. “Well it’s funny cuz today’s also my birthday.” He finally turned his head towards me and our eyes locked instantly. I was sick with the twisting in my stomach as he stared at me. Did he recognize me?
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like this chapter. I'm trying to draw things out a little, so be prepared. please comment too I'd love to hear thoughts on this story.