Status: Hiatus.

Untangle Me

five.

Ellie fiddled nervously with her necklace. She'd been sitting on her couch, waiting for Josh. 

Ellie, not wanting anything to get messed up, began getting ready at 4:30. With the help of Claire, she was looking quite nice. Claire also convinced their parents to let Ellie go on the date, which was a gold star for Claire in Ellie's book.

Suddenly, the door bell rang shaking Ellie from her thoughts. Claire bolted down the stairs and right to the door, swinging it open to see Josh waiting, bouquet of roses in hand. 

"Whoa. You're cute." Claire said, cocking her hip as she observed the boy some more. 

"Uh.." Josh scratched the back of his neck nervously, "Thanks." 

"Oh my god." Ellie bumped out of the way and smiled at Josh. Her smile grew even bigger when she saw the roses.

"I hope the roses aren't a bit much..Max said it was a must." Josh laughed nervously as he handed the roses over to Ellie.

She sniffed them before saying thank you and handing them to Claire, telling her to put them in a vase. 

"So shall we go?" Josh smiled, holding his hand out to Ellie. She took it with a grin, "We shall!" 

They held hands down the driveway as Ellie asked them about their plans for the night. Josh shook his head, "Oh, love. That's for me to know, and you to find out!" 

Ellie rolled her eyes. "Oh come on! Just tell me!"

Josh shook his head again as he opened the passenger car door for Ellie. 

"Well aren't you quite the gentleman?" Ellie smirked.

"You have no idea." He flashed her a cheeky smile before closing the door and running over to the drivers side, getting in and starting the car. 

Ellie folded her hands in her lap, biting her lip nervously. 

They didn't talk much during the car ride. Music filled the silence. Ellie tapped her finger on her thigh to the beat trying to distract herself from her nervousness. She went through topics they could talk about to avoid avoid awkward silences.

Josh parked the car. Ellie looked up. 

"A park?" Ellie scrunched her nose, curiously. 

"I thought I'd pull the romance card, and we'd have a picnic." He laughed. 

Ellie grinned. "Brilliant idea." 

Josh nodded and reached into the backseat, grabbing a picnic basket up from the floor board.

Josh grabbed her hand and led her to a spot where a blanket was already laying. 

They sat down Indian style facing each other, the picnic basket between them. 

"So what are we having?" 

Josh opened the basket and pulled out two sandwiches.

"I make a mean PB&J!" Josh grinned as he tossed one of the sandwiches to Ellie.

Ellie spazzed before she caught it, which resulted in the two giggling.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Josh laughed.

"I don't know!" Ellie said between laughs. She opened the sandwich and took a bite, "This is the best peanut buttah' and jelly sandwich ever."

"Did I or did I not tell you I made a mean PB&J?"

"You did, indeed." She nodded.

The two talked for what seemed like hours. They talked about how pretty the stars were tonight to their favorite Starbucks coffee. It was all going delightfully well until Josh asked Ellie what her plans were once Summer ended.

"Well, uh.." She trailed off, "I don't entirely know..My parents want one thing but I want the complete opposite.."

Joshed nodded, "Been there, done that. What do they want you to do?"

"They want me to be a lawyer. Maybe go to Yale or Harvard up in the States."

"Uh huh," He nodded again, "And what is it that you want to do?"

Ellie simply shrugged. "Anything but that."

Josh chuckled at the small girl before his face turned serious and he stared into her eyes.

"What are you doing this Summer?" He asked.

"Um..Staying at home. Or maybe as my parents would say, "Prepare for college.'" She made a face, as if she was grossed out. "Why?"

"You know me band, You Me At Six?"

"Yes?" Ellie raised her eye brows, confused as to what Josh was getting at.

"We're leaving on tour in about a week."

Ellie looked down. "Oh," She said sadly.

She had just started to really like the lad, and now he was leaving in a week?

"Hey now, don't go gettin' depressed now love. Let me finish."

Ellie looked up, her nose scrunched like she usually did when she was confused.

Josh leaned closer. So close their noses were touching. Ellie felt as if she was going to faint.

"G-go on then." She stuttered.

He went on, "You want to get away for a while, don't you? Have a little fun? Figure out what you want to do with your life, yeah?"

Ellie just nodded.

"I want you to come on tour with us."
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally updated! Anyways, I've only gotten four comments which makes me kind of thing this isn't too good? Comment more and tell me your thoughts on this, pretty pleaaaaase. <3
Haha.

P.S. Does anyone know why this story doesn't show up when I search it? O.o