Status: COMPLETED!

I'd End My Days With You In A Hail Of Bullets...

The Letter And The Truth About Dear Jessica

*The next day*
I came downstairs and found everyone in the living room. Today was the day I was getting away from here. I kept my head down trying to not make eye contact with anyone there. I grabbed a small cardboard box and put some food and water in there then took the box out to the SUV. Last night I had asked Frankie to teach me to hotwire a car and pick a lock. He asked why but I only answered that I wanted to know just in case. I went up stairs and got my backpack full of clothes, ammunition, extra guns, knives, lighter, and a first aid kit; things I would need for the road ahead. As I packed the vehicle with everything I thought I would need Frank came out,
“Where do you think you’re going?” he stood by the backdoor with his arms crossed.
“On the road…. Alone.” I simply answered.
“Why? What are you trying to prove? Who are you trying to save?”
“Because, nothing, no one.”
“Kira, I can’t let you go out there alone.”
“And I can’t let you come after me.” I stood to stare him straight in the eyes.
“Kira…I can’t… I … you’ll die out there…” Frankie pleaded.
“We’ll see.”
“I’m coming with you.”
“Frank no. you’re not coming, I’m going alone.”
“Kira I’m coming, I’m not letting you die out there.”
“No! You’re not coming! I’m not going to let you see ME die! I can’t see YOU die!” Tears were starting to well up in my eyes. Frank quickly pulled me into a hug and I held onto him as tightly as I could, crying freely into his shoulder.
“We’re going together; we stick by each other’s side no matter what. Best Friends till then end. We’re here for each other remember?” He looked into my eyes, I smiled and nodded.
~Frank’s Point Of View~
I pulled her along with me as I packed things for myself, for fear that she might leave without me. She said we would leave without notice to the others, so that they wouldn’t know where to look for us.
“We are running away.” She said to me as I packed.
“Why? We have everything here, its safe here.” She stared into the distance in deep thought.
“I can’t just stay here and do nothing… besides, there’s no point… sooner or later were going to run out of resources and food, fuel, and water. We can’t survive forever here; there’s no point in living for any longer. I’d rather die out there looking for survivors and possibly my parents than wait here to die slowly on the inside and out.” Her eyes no longer held the carefree soul I once knew and fell in love with; a depression and unwillingness to live any longer settled in its place. It didn’t matter to me though, I didn’t care that she wasn’t the same I mean who would after all that’s happened.
“Let’s go then.” was all I could say as I followed out her room and into the SUV.
~Mikey’s Point Of View~
“Hey, has anyone seen Kira?” I looked everywhere for her and never found her.
“Did you check the roof or her room? You know what, I haven’t seen Frank either.” Ray answered looking up from the map he was reading.
“I saw them leave earlier, I thought you guys knew.” Ashley said, Lucy came running behind her,
“Um, Kira wanted me to this to give to you. She said to give it to you when everyone started to ask where they were.” Lucy handed me the envelope, it had our names on the front in Kira’s handwriting.
“Gerard!” Oh no. I heard footsteps running down the steps two seconds later.
“What? What happened?” He asked frantically looking around.
“Where’s Frank…. And Kira?” I simply held up the still enclosed letter. He snatched it from my hands and ripped it open. His eyes grazed over the words and his face got paler.
“What does it say?” Ray asked.

‘When you read this you’d have figured out that Frank and I are no longer there. And the first thing I would like to say is DO NOT follow us. You are all in charge of the little group there, take care of each other. I decided that I could not stay there any longer to just await my death; I felt the need to at least look for my parents and help any survivors that may be out there. I want to amount for a little something even if it brings me to my death, so be it. I‘m willing to die helping others as opposed to waiting for death to come slowly from starvation, thirst, or disease. Frank wanted to help too but I will not see my other friends die as well. We love you all. Stay safe and we’ll see each other on the other side.
Gerard, I’ll never see you again so I wanted to let you know that I love you, as more than just a friend… I always have. There I said it and now it doesn’t matter because I’m probably already dead. So Long and Goodnight Dear.
XO –Kira Leeann Cooper and Frank Anthony Iero’

“We have to go after her.” Gerard said after I read the note aloud.
“You mean them.” I corrected my brother.
“Yeah, that’s what I said.” I rolled my eyes at him.
“Gee they don’t want to be found; if we go out there we probably won’t come back.” I tried to reason with my brother.
“Then I’ll go by myself.” He rushed around packing things he needed into a sack.
“What about Jessica? What if she wakes up and you’re gone?” that stopped him immediately, but then he turned and looked sternly into my eyes.
“Why wait for someone who didn’t even really love me?”
*Flashback, Morning of the Infection*
“So Jessica… how’s Gerard?” a prissy blond girl teased her friend. Jessica made an annoyed face at the mention of her ‘boyfriend’s’ name.
“Ugh, he’s so touchy and such a dork! He wants me to go with him to a Smashing Pumpkins concert and then to go see some Star Wars movie... he is such a nerd!” she exclaimed as she checked her makeup in her locker’s mirror.
“So then why are you with him then?”
“Cuz he’s hot and that bitch, his little friend; what’s her name? Kira I think, she is so jealous right now cuz I took away her little crush. That’s what she gets for getting in my way all the time and for being the ugly emo that she is.”
“ohhh.” They flipped their hair over their shoulders like prissy girls do as Jessica closed her locker door and walked away. Gerard stood behind the corner that turned into the hallway in which his so called ‘girlfriends’ locker was. He couldn’t believe what he had heard and soon decided that he would break up with Jessica later that day and apologize to Kira as soon as he got the chance…Which never happened.
*Flashback ends*
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you guys like the little bit of a twist in this chapter, more will be out soon! thanks for reading :) message, subscribe if you want and lemme know what ya think? -hasta pronto :D
-Disaster Darling :X