Enchanted

This night is flawless; don't you let it go

“What is it, Charlie?” I asked into the phone worriedly. He sounded upset and worried himself.

“I think Bella isn’t doing well. She said something about going to some place in Switzerland or other to get better.”

“Switzerland?!” I said completely shocked.

“Yeah and the minute I said something about going to see her she played it off like it was nothing. I’m beginning to get really worried about her.” I stayed silent on the phone thinking. “Alyssa, can you make sure Bella is okay? For me? I know she’d probably open up to you more than to me.”

“I’ll do what I can, Charlie,” I said. I felt my insides clench and tears well in my eyes. I could hear exactly how concerned Charlie was and it worried me. Bella was worrying me. We said our goodbyes and then hung up the phone.

I bit my lip holding the phone in my hand. I had to do it. I had to call him. It was best that I just do it and get it over with. It wasn’t for my sake. It was for Bella. It was for Charlie. And I needed to suck it up and do it. If I waited any longer I feared that I may go crazy.

I picked up the phone and dialed the number. I closed my eyes and focused on breathing as I heard each ring pass by. I was almost shaking with fear knowing that any second he could pick up the phone and I would have to talk to him. I heard the phone pick up and I swear my heart paused until I heard his deep voice ask, “Hello?”

“Jacob,” I said softly into the phone. I felt an almost relief and giddiness well up inside me but quickly pushed it down in confusion.

“Alyssa, it’s good to hear from you,” he said brightly. “How have you been?”

“I have been…well,” I said. Lately I hadn’t been getting that much sleep from the nightmares I was having. “Listen, there’s a reason I’m calling actually.”

“Alright,” said Jacob slowly.

“It’s about Bella,” I said quickly. “Charlie and I have been worried about her and she’s been gone for so long and every time I call her she sounds absolutely horrible. She claims she just caught a virus and is sick but I’m worried about her, Jacob.” I bit my lip after I rushed all of that out.

“I’m sure she’s fine,” said Jacob, his tone taking on a bit of a dark edge.

“No, she isn’t,” I insisted. “She’s not on her honeymoon either. I don’t hear the ocean in the background of her calls. She’s not in a hospital room like she claims. There’s too much of an echo. Jacob, do you know where she is?”

“Alyssa, it’s probably best you just don’t worry it. Bella will be…okay.”

“Where is she, Jacob?” I demanded. “Bella is one of my best friends. You have to tell me!”

“She’s probably fine with the rest of the Cullens,” said Jacob. “You shouldn’t worry about her so much.”

“You think she’s at the Cullen’s?” I asked a bit of hope dripping into my voice.

“Yeah, she’s perfectly safe and well looked after there. Carlisle is a doctor and he can take good care of her.” He begrudgingly said the last sentence.

“Thank you so much, Jacob,” I said more calmly. “It just helps to know where she is. And if she’s under Carlisle’s care, I’m sure she’ll be fine. He was a very nice man when I met him.”

“Yeah, so don’t worry, Alyssa,” he said nicely.

“Okay, thank you, Jacob. I have to go now, though. Bye.”

“Bye,” he said sadly and I hung up the phone. Again the feeling of missing him curled up inside of me. I pushed it away though. I had more important things to deal with.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
It's extremely short, I know. I just haven't updated it recently and I figured you guys could read what I had so far. I'll try and get this story completed but with school and everything now, I don't know how well that's going to go. I didn't do too well last semester and so this semester I want to work harder.

I love all of you guys! Thank you for the comments <3