Enchanted

This was the very first page

I went back inside and sat down in a chair in the living room. Sita came over and curled up at my feet. She looked at me before lowering her head on her paws and closing her eyes. Seeing her sleep made my own eyes feel heavy. I felt myself relaxing into the chair and knew that if I stayed in the position I was in, I would fall asleep in less than a minute.

“Good, you’re back,” Alice said cheerily. She danced over to me and grabbed my hand. The coolness of it woke me up some as she pulled me to my feet.

“Where we going?” I asked curiously as she began to pull me along.

“We have a spare bedroom you can use. We weren’t going to let you sleep in that chair at all.” Going upstairs she pulled me along the hallway and finally stopped at a door. Opening up she gently pushed me into the room. “I put some pajamas on the bed for you,” she said. I turned to thank her but she was gone before I could. In her place stood Sita who had followed me up here.

“Come on in,” I said and waved her inside. She trotted in and then jumped on the bed. I hoped the Cullens wouldn’t mind her fur on the blankets. Closing the door, I walked to the bed to find the pajamas Alice had laid out for me. They consisted of shorts that were quite short and a tight tank top. Both were black and held a shimmery quality. I couldn’t tell if it was the fabric or if it was some sort of glitter. Frankly, I didn’t quite care. I stripped down on the spot and pulled the clothes on. Leaving my old stuff in a pile on the floor, I crawled into bed with Sita and in less than a minute, was asleep.

Image


Jacob caught up to Seth easily as he wasn’t going too fast. Playfully Jacob nipped at Seth’s flank before falling into step beside him. You’re in a good mood, Seth said, letting his tongue loll out the side of his mouth.

Yeah, Jacob agreed smiling.

I can’t wait to see like when you kiss her if you’re like this after a hug.

Shut up, Jacob said taking a nip at Seth’s shoulder. Seth easily dodged it, grinning.

Image


Jacob walked into the house where Alice came up and immediately shushed him to be quiet. “Bella and Alyssa are sleeping,” she said in a whisper.

“Where is she?” Jacob asked a bit worriedly. With a patient smile Alice motioned for Jacob to follow and then led him to Alyssa’s bedroom. She pointed to the door and then walked away with a smile. Jacob opened the door as quietly as possible and shut it behind him.

Sita’s head immediately went up and growled lowly. “It’s just me,” Jacob said which only made her growl louder.

“Shut up,” Alyssa mumbled touching the dog with her foot. Sita became quiet but still watched Jacob as he came over to look at Alyssa. He needed to make sure she was safe. That they hadn’t done anything to her. At least that’s what he told himself. Really, he just wanted to see her and be near her.

He moved a stray piece of hair off her cheek to get a better look at her face. It just seemed so flawless and so perfect. Not the creepy flawlessness of the Cullens, but just beautiful. Alyssa’s eyes fluttered open and she looked at Jacob. “Jake,” she said longingly and reached out a hand. His own hand grasped hers gently. She tugged softly, her eyes closing again. “Please,” she whispered so quietly that even he had barely heard it.

Her hand fell limp and he placed it gently down next to her again. She did feel slightly cold, he thought, trying to console himself as he began to take off his shoes and shirt. He climbed in beside her, moving her ever so gently. She made a noise of complaint but he didn’t think she actually woke up. Jacob laid down facing her and was surprised as she made her way over to him. She cuddled against his chest and he wrapped his arms around her. I could get used to this, he thought as he quickly drifted off to sleep.

Image


I woke up as light filtered through the room. I blinked a few times trying to get things into focus. I rolled over to see Jake splayed out on the bed sleeping. Sita had retreated to the floor on my side of the bed and once I was awake she got up and walked to the door, giving a soft bark. With a groan I got out of bed and walked, more accurately shambled, to the door. Opening it, Sita darted down the hallway and I could hear her paws thundering down the stairs. I was slow behind her in letting her outside where I stood on the porch in the chilly air.

Sita quickly went to the bathroom before going around and sniffing the various plant life. Apparently a lot had changed during the night. As I was standing out there Alice came out. She looked just a perfect as she had yesterday with a new outfit on even though it was probably seven in the morning. “It’s cold today,” Alice said and handed me a robe. I gratefully took it and wrapped it around myself. We stood outside silently as Sita eventually bounded back up to us and I let her in the house.

“I really hope you don’t mind having us here,” she said quietly to Alice.

“Oh it really is no trouble. In fact, everybody usually loves when we have a human over.” I smiled at her gratefully. “Hey, why don’t you come up to my room and I can give you something to wear. I know something that would just go great with your eyes.” Alice’s own golden eyes grew animated as she talked and the bounce in her step became more pronounced.

“Sure,” I said not wanting to rain on her parade. Taking my hand, Alice practically dragged me upstairs and into her bedroom. After an hour of deliberation Alice finally was able to pick out my entire outfit. I had been trying on dress after dress. I thought they had all looked wonderful but maybe Alice had a vision of the perfect one for me to wear. Alice had wanted me to wear heels but I insisted on wearing flats instead.

As I came down stairs Alice led me into the kitchen where the others sat. Jake and Seth weren’t there and neither were Edward, Bella, and Rosalie. The three were practically inseparable. “Good morning, dear,” Esme said kindly as Alice and I stood there.

“Hello,” I said quietly, my eyes grazing over each of them who offered a smile in my direction.

“Alyssa, Emmett is going to take you over to Charlie’s to get your things today. Bella assured us he should be at work and you can slip in an out quickly. Be sure to leave a note though so he does not question where you’ve gone.” I nodded quickly at his instructions.

“Ready to go?” Emmett asked me with a goofy grin.

“As I’ll ever be,” I said, taking a deep breath. I felt terrible lying to Charlie when all he wanted was to make sure Bella was safe and not in harm’s way.

Emmett and I walked out of the house where Jacob was quickly seen running up the front steps. He stopped once he saw us and smiled at me. “Good morning, beautiful,” he said and came to stand in front of me. I blushed and looked down at my feet at the compliment.

“Morning,” I mumbled. How was I supposed to act when I had just spent the night sleeping in his arms? It’s not like there was anything going on between us. Not really. I wasn’t sure where we stood and it made me completely uncomfortable. “Emmett’s taking me to Charlie’s to get my stuff,” I said and looked up at him. Looking into those beautiful brown eyes I could feel myself relax and little.

“I can take you,” Jake offered looking over at Emmett sharply.

“You know I can protect her just fine,” Emmett said, crossing his arms. “Plus with Leah just getting here, she isn’t very fond of us.”

“Leah will be just fine,” Jake said through gritted teeth.

“Alright, dog,” Emmett said. “You take her.” With that he turned and walked back into the house with Jake glaring at his back.

“You should be nicer to them,” I said with a glare.

“I don’t trust—”

“Learn to trust them. I do. They don’t want to fight but they will protect those they care about with their lives. How can you get more loyal than that?” Jacob pursed his lips but didn’t say anything. “I need to get my keys,” I said and went back inside the house. It took me a minute to get back to the front porch. Jake was leaning against one of the posts, waiting for me.

“Come on,” I said and grabbed his hand. I pulled him towards the car and finally let go of his hand once we got there. Driving to Charlie’s, not much was said. It wasn’t an uncomfortable silence. It was simply a peaceful one.

As Bella had predicted, Charlie wasn’t home. We were able to get inside and up to my room without trouble. Most of my stuff was still in the suitcase so it wasn’t that hard to get everything inside and ready to go. Jake stood at the doorframe surveying my work. I could feel his eyes watching me the entire time.

“That’s everything,” I said as I zipped the suitcase closed. I turned to look at him and leaned back on it slightly. His eyes glanced around the room slowly and a bit of a haunted look came over his face. “What is it?” I asked quietly.

His eyes snapped back to mine and he took a couple of steps into the room. He seemed to fill the entire room. His scent seemed to hit me all at once, woods and musk. “It’s just hard to imagine that Bella will never be able to come into her bedroom again,” he said. “It’s weird to imagine her not being in here.”

“Well, she’s going to live with Edward now. It’s not like she won’t be back in this house…” I trailed off as Jake gave a pained look.

“That’ the thing,” he said quietly, “she’s not going to be able to come here ever again. She’ll have to disappear for awhile.”

“Why?” I asked curiously. “Is it because of what people think of the baby? I’m sure that—”

“No,” Jake said shaking slightly. “It’s because she’ll become one of them. The only reason she isn’t right now is because of that thing inside of her.” The last part came out as a growl and Jake’s arms were shaking more violently.

“Well, it’s what she wants,” I said gently. I reached out and grabbed Jake’s hand giving it a slight squeeze. He relaxed at my touch and gave me a pained smile. “It can’t be so bad. And she’ll be with Edward forever.”

“She’ll be dead,” Jake said gripping my hand tightly. I gave a squeak of pain and he quickly released my hand looking ashamed and distraught.

“Oh, Jake,” I said and wrapped my arms around him. “It all depends on your definition of living. You can still see her and talk to her. She’ll still be Bella.” I talked into his chest, not wanting to pull away from him. It seemed to give us both the comfort we needed.

“I’m glad you’re here,” Jake said into my hair.