Sequel: Resolutionary

C'est La Vie

Dix.

"Get out of my room."

"No."

"Get out Josh! Why are you even in here?"

"Just-"

"No, just get out."

I narrowed my eyes at the scruffy boy who had taken a place at the end of my bed. He refused to leave, so I was going to start screaming. That would get him out quick enough. The jerk didn't have enough respect to give a girl her privacy.

"CHRIS! JOSH IS HURTING ME!" I screamed, faking terror.

Within moments Chris burst through the door with a very red face. When he saw Josh sitting on the end of the bed, me still tucked into the covers, he glared at me.

"Can't you two just get along? Josh get out. Why are you even in 'er room?"

Josh hopped up immediately, mumbling something completely incomprehensible as he left. Chris and I watched him leave. Shrugging, Chris followed, yelling out a 'good morning sis' over his shoulder.

Soon after I rolled out of bed. I wanted so badly to call Chelsea but it was quite expensive for overseas calls. There was no way I could afford a ten minute phone call with her, which would be rushed. When Chels and I talked it was for hours about anything and everything. It was hard to be away from her over a long break like we had. She was returning to Boston a few days after I was, so it wouldn't be long before I could see her again. Only four more days until I went home.

I was excited to go back. In all honesty this trip wasn't what I was expecting. I wanted a quiet, relaxing visit with my mother and step-father, and his son, Chris. My family time was perfect but otherwise this vacation was far from relaxing. Meeting Josh and all the boys had sent my stress load over the top. I needed to get away, home preferably.

The You Me at Six boys were quite energetic. I wasn't used to the insanity. The guys I hung out with at home were usually taking all their energy into sports instead of on me and dragging me places.

Walking downstairs the smell of bacon hit my nose and I grinned, stomach grumbling. When I entered the kitchen Evan was standing over the stove, humming along to some song that was softly playing through the speakers.

"Morning!" I smiled as he turned around, a piece of bacon half hanging out of his mouth now.

Evan grinned and mumbled a hello back.

"Want some bacon?"

I nodded eagerly as my stomach grumbled again, earning a loud, rumbling laugh from my step-dad. Evan was a great guy. He complemented my mother perfectly. It was almost as if they were made for each other.

To be honest, I wanted that. I wanted a love that was so strong nothing could tear it apart. I craved a boy to hold close all the time. One who was sweet and caring, and knew me like no other. Of course this was just a dream. No guy had ever been like that towards me. I was curious as to if Buddy would turn out to be like I hoped.

Evan and I ate breakfast in silence. He was an amazing cook. I hadn't had a big breakfast consisting of pancakes and bacon in years, since before I went to college. We finished and I helped him clean up. Evan and I were able to be in each other's presence and not talk, which was comforting. I knew he would always be there if I needed to talk to a fatherly figure. I think he realized the lack of presence my dad had in my life.

When I departed from the kitchen I heard Evan talking quietly to himself, saying, "such a sweet girl." I smiled to myself. I was so happy for my mom to have found someone so caring and accepting like Evan.

I returned upstairs, showering and dressing quickly. It was even colder today than it had been the entire time I was in London. Because of the weather I decided it was best to wear some nice jeans tucked into over-the-knee boots with a long sleeved plain black tee shirt and bright red jumper on top. Semi-festive, I supposed.

Today I was driving to the book shop the elderly man on the plane had told me he owned. I was in need of a good book and a good distraction and that was the perfect solution. The ride there took no more than fifteen minutes since the roads were surprisingly quiet.

The book shop was a quaint little store, tucked in between a coffee shop and a tailor. Black, White, and Read was inscribed in the door frame in bright, curly letters. I grinned and entered the store. It was my kind of place. There were old, worn in couches and love seats tucked into corners with little tables in front or next to them and the place was overflowing with books.

The door bell chimed as I entered and the man behind the counter looked up. It was the old man from the plane, Jeremy. A wide smile took over the man's face as he came out from behind the counter, greeting me wildly.

His hands grabbed my shoulders as he pulled me into a friendly hug. Within moments I was being whisked around the store as he showed me all his favorite things about it, which was everything. He told me all about his wife and how much she loved the store before she passed away. I was instantly saddened by this fact. How could a man like himself that was so joyful and friendly have lost someone so great in his life?

As we walked through the store I couldn't help but to think of Buddy. What was he to me? It certainly was more than friends, but were we dating? That wouldn't work. Long distance relationships never work.

By the time I left Black, White, and Read it was 6 pm and the sky was pitch black. I drove cautiously all the way home, smiling. It was so relaxing to have a day to myself and do something that I enjoyed.

The house was full when I returned. I went downstairs to the basement and waved hello to all the boys crowded onto the couches playing video games. One was missing. Josh. I walked towards the little room that we had bonded in together before, seeing a light peeping out from under the closed door.

I was about to go in when I heard Josh speak. He was probably on the phone. I leaned against the door, waiting patiently.

"No Elissa it's not like that..." he paused. "No! She has a boyfriend anyways."

I felt a little pang of sadness in my heart for Josh. He clearly had feelings towards some girl that didn't feel the same way towards him. Poor guy.

"EL!" Josh yelled, somehow yelling above the guys' cheers and startling them. The group looked over towards where I was standing and I shrugged.

I meandered over to the couch, dropping onto the arm rest next to Chris. He grinned up at me and pulled me down into his lap. He was the greatest step-brother I could ever ask for. Laughing, Max leaned over and started tickling me. I squirmed around enough to the point where I fell off the couch, out of breath from laughing.

All five pairs of eyes turned towards the door that Josh just closed. He had his hands over his eyes, rubbing them frustratedly. When he removed his eyes and saw me sitting with all the boys, he rolled them and turned back towards the tiny room.

I excused myself quietly, running upstairs to my room. I guess it would be an early night in.



I awoke around one AM to the sound of a voice singing quietly. I kept my eyes closed but shifted around, turning towards the body on my bed. It was pitch black in my room, so I let one eye open, then the other. I was shocked to see that it was Josh, but still didn't move.

"You've taken me to the top, let me fall back south. You've had me at the top of the pile," Josh sang quietly, "and then had me kissing the ground. We've heard and seen it all."

I smiled to myself. Josh had a beautiful singer. "No ones talked us out, the problems that have come haven't yet torn us down."

For some odd reason, it felt like he was singing the song to me, about me. He continued to sing softly to me, his words like a lullaby. I fell asleep as he whispered, "Opposites always attract."
♠ ♠ ♠
hi hi hi. so I had writer's block x 100000.
But I'm posting now c:

Happy Friday! yep.
Leaving you with this.

<3