Sequel: Resolutionary

C'est La Vie

Neuf.

I loved the quiet mornings here. In Boston nobody ever seemed to sleep. There was always a load of traffic and cars leaning on their horns, enough to keep me up all night. As I made myself a cup of coffee I looked out the window above the kitchen sink. It looked out into the backyard, which was glistening in the early morning sun. More snow had fallen last night but it wasn't enough to impair any driving.

I smiled as I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, pulling it out quickly.

Mornin' sunshine! Are you up to heading out today?

It was from Buddy. I sent a quick yes back to him.

Good. I'll pick you up in an hour

I grabbed my coffee, running back upstairs. It took me less than fifteen minutes to shower, which was a new record for me. I was curious as to where Buddy would be taking me. Maybe he was showing me around more, something I had yet to really do with any of the guys or my mom.

Buddy was exciting. He made me smile and laugh. It felt like I hadn't done too much of that since I got here. The fact that we were so similar made me extremely excited. I had no idea what would happen to us when I left. I didn't even know if there was an "us." I sincerely hoped there could be.

A quick rap at the door startled me. I darted down the stairs, not realizing I was only half dressed. I looked down at my shirt and leggings, laughing and opening the door a little. Buddy was standing there, two cups of coffee and a bag in his hands.

"Hi," I said, feeling a little out of breath. "Gimme a second and I'll be ready. You wanna take those into the kitchen?"

Buddy laughed and walked around me, not even looking down at what I was clad in. I was glad he hadn't too.

"Where are we going?" I called down suddenly, as I stopped in the middle of climbing the stairs.

"My 'ouse, if that's alrigh' and maybe out to lunch later. If you want," Buddy called back.

I smiled and dashed upstairs. Quickly pulling on a dark blue jumper with a dream catcher on it and some fluffy boots, I grabbed my phone. I slipped it into my pocket and stopped in front of the mirror. I smoothed my hair down and took a breath. I didn't know why I was so nervous.

Calming the butterflies in my stomach, I walked as slowly as I could, which was just a normal pace, to be quite honest, down the stairs. I saw Buddy's back leaning over the sink when I entered the kitchen. His light brown hair was messy underneath the gray beanie that adorned his head. He had a worn-in looking black and red flannel on.

I stepped up behind him quietly and slipped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his back. I stood on my tiptoes, pressing my lips to his neck gently. I moved my lips down in a line along the back of his neck, glad to hear a little sigh escape his lips.

He turned around suddenly, startling me. As he pushed me back gently into the corner where the counters met I looked up into his eyes. Buddy smiled devilishly as he leaned down to nip at my neck. I let out a breathy sigh and ran my hands through his hair. It felt like it had been so long since I had been so close to a guy, though it truly wasn't.

We broke apart moments later, him immediately slipping his hand into mine.

"Are you ready?" he asked, a smile crossing his face.

I only nodded before I was whisked out to his car. We sped down the road, twisting and turning down side streets that seemed to be in their own separate winter wonderland. Buddy pulled up in front of a small brick house. Black shutters around the windows contrasted with the snow that had fallen all over.

The large, white front door was pulled open moments later and the woman I had met briefly at the party stuck her head out. She smiled when we got out of the car and waved us into the house. Buddy draped his arm around my shoulder as we stepped inside, only to be greeted by loving hugs from his mother.

"Hi mum," Buddy said sheepishly, a cheesy grin spreading out over his otherwise calm face.

"Hello sweetheart," she said, turning her attention from her son to me. "How are you?"

We chatted for a few moments before Buddy linked his arm through mine and started to pull me down a hall gently.

"Mum you're going to scare 'er away," he protested.

I giggled and wrapped my arm around his waist.

"I promise she won't," I whispered in his ear, making him blush.

Buddy blushed a deep shade of red at my comment and tugged me down a set of stairs. We reached an open basement, light streaming in through a large bay-like window against the far wall. The window showed a picturesque view of the large, sloping backyard and woods behind it.

He led me over to a black leather couch and we sunk onto it. As he handed me a xbox controller I fell into a relaxed position. My legs were crossed under me and I was slightly leaning towards Buddy. He was challenging me to a game of MW3 and I was confident I was going to win.

It was easy being with Buddy. I didn't have to worry about any of the drama between the You Me at Six guys or previous girlfriends. I mean, Josh and I could have totally been friends...if he hadn't greeted me with such a cocky attitude.

Josh. Why was my mind always going back to him? I was here, sitting with a beautiful, kind boy and all I could think about was how guilty I felt for being so accusatory. It wasn't all my fault though. I had many awful relationships when I was in high school and college, hence my paranoia.

"Yes!" Buddy called.

In my little space out Buddy had managed to get a few kill shots on me as my character wandered around aimlessly. I groaned in defeat, tossing my controller on the couch next to him.

"And you thought you were gonna win," he teased.

I bit my lip, pouting slightly at him. "I'm still a winner."

Buddy tilted his head curiously as I swung one leg over his lap and straddled him. I placed my hands on the back of his neck and leaned in, my lips only centimeters away from his.

"Whoa," he whispered.

I let out a tiny laugh and pressed my lips to his with all the passion I could muster. He teased my lips with his tongue but I refused to open them, causing him to grunt in annoyance. He let his hands brush against my sides, lifting up my shirt slightly. Buddy's fingers tickled my skin, making me open my mouth as I squealed in laughter. Taking this as an opportunity, Buddy let his tongue slip into my mouth as he flipped us over.

Buddy stared down at me for a few moments. A happy smile had taken over his face, lighting up his eyes. I reached up and ran my hands through his hair. When I looked at Buddy this feeling of joy flitted around me. So this is what happiness is, I mused as Buddy returned his lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas!
I've been sick for forever, yuck.
My Christmas concert was on the 22nd and I could barely sing but somehow I managed to salvage my (almost) gone voice for a quartet I was in :)
We sang Mon coeur se recommande a vous and it turned out beautiful
So lucky to have wonderful sounding voices in our choir

Leave me feedback C:

Also, I have two new stories coming up! One is an original called These Demons and the other is Body Check (featuring TJ Oshie of the St. Louis Blues).