Sequel: Resolutionary

C'est La Vie

Onze.

Only three more days until I was free from Josh and his condescending looks. Three more days. I could handle it. Tonight I was going out with all the boys to Trafalgar Square to see the tree lighting ceremony.

Rolling out of bed, I changed quickly into a black bodycon skirt, white flowing tank, and red blazer. After the tree lighting ceremony the boys and I were going over to Buddy's for a pre-Christmas Eve party. I was really excited for it, and was hoping I could head over early to help him set up. A knock on my door made me think otherwise.

I raised one eyebrow as Chris walked in, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"What's up?" I greeted, turning back towards my mirror to brush out my unruly hair.

"Hang out with Max and I today," he whined.

I laughed, rolling my eyes. He too, chuckled and patted the spot next to him. I sat down next to my brother, leaning against his shoulder.

"You leave in a few days."

"I know."

"I'll miss you," he said seriously. After a moment he continued speaking. "You're the best sis a man could ask for. I'm glad you came out. I'll visit all the time, yeah. Wheneva' we're on tour I'll find time to stop by."

I grinned up at him, scrunching my nose up as he ruffled my hair. Chris stood, sticking out his hand which I gladly took. He led me downstairs where Max was waiting at the bottom of the stairs with an eager grin on his face. I noticed he was slightly bouncing in his shoes as we walked downstairs and found it odd. That notion changed when he attacked me the second I stepped foot on the main floor.

Max arms wrapped tightly around my waist and lifted me slightly into the air. I squealed and laughed as he put me down and started tickling me. Max was hilarious, but honestly, if he was going to tickle me I wasn't responsible for any injuries.

Max stopped though, still laughing, and motioned for me to hop on his back. I shook my head, considering that I was wearing a skirt and it would be very improper to get a piggy back ride while in one, especially such a short one.

Instead though, I grabbed my jacket which was hanging over Max's shoulder, and headed out the front door.

"Well aren't we going?" I chuckled, sticking my head back in the door.



Chris, Max, and I had spent the whole day wandering the town. We entered little shops and cafes, eating lunch at one and getting coffees in another. By the end of the little trip we were all exhausted.

Max and I were slumped against each other in the backseat of Chris' car when I felt my phone buzzing against my leg. I grabbed it, unlocking it to see it was a text from Buddy.

Would you like to go to the tree lighting ceremony with me tonight? x

I grinned, wanting to say yes but knowing that I had promised all the boys I would go with them. I wasn't about to change my plans for Buddy. Family always comes first, and I considered these boys family now.

I'm going with Chris and the boys! Sorry :( Maybe I'll see you there?

A few moments later I received a text back.

Plan on it ;)

I smiled as I read the text. Buddy truly was a great guy, but he wasn't someone I could see myself dating for a long period of time. Not to mention we lived on different continents. The thought made me upset though. If Buddy lived near Boston maybe we could have tried dating for real...who knows.

Max nudged my shoulder, mouthing, "What's wrong?"

I just shook my head and leaned back against him for the duration of the car ride home. By the time we finally got home it was 6:30. The tree lighting started in an hour so I had asked if Chris could take a detour to our house instead of going straight to the ceremony. I wanted to change into a dress for the party.

I dashed upstairs immediately, much to the chagrin of the boys, who just grunted and sat in the living room, switching on Fifa. I grabbed a lacy red dress out of my closet, knowing exactly what I was going to wear.

I slipped the dress on, smiling at how the bright red made my somewhat pale skin look much tanner. It had three quarter lace sleeves, and the lace was like an overlay over a red silky slip that was cool against my hot skin. The edges of the dress were scalloped against my legs, adding for a more feminine touch. I put a pair of stud earrings in and ran a brush through my hair. My makeup was touched up with just a dabble of eyeliner and lip gloss, and I ran down the stairs, heels in hand.

The heels were my favorite part of the outfit, and I couldn't wait to see what Buddy thought of them. Chelsea had bought them for me the previous year on a shopping trip, exclaiming that they made my legs look 10 times longer and slimmer, which I of course had no problem with. They were just your standard black, suede heel, a tad higher though, and the heel itself had red lace criss-crossed over it. Quite sexy, if you ask me.

I grabbed my black pea coat, pulling it on as I walked into the room.

"I'm ready!" I exclaimed, stepping in front of their game, earning groans from the two boys.

"That was record time Jord," Chris muttered, wrapping an arm around me as I stood up.

"Time to show Jordo the best thing ever!" Max cheered, jumping up from his spot on the couch and running towards the door.

Chris and I laughed and followed him. The ride to Trafalgar was quick and enjoyable. I was going to miss spending time with these two boys especially. They were so exciting and always chatty. I loved it.

When we got to the square, a large number of people were already standing around, staring up at the large, unlit tree. I looked up as I got out of the car, amazed at the sight. I could already tell it was going to be a spectacular event.

"Jordan!"

I looked around, spotting Dan's familiar head of blonde hair and walked over to him with Max and Chris on either side of me.

"Hurry up! We're all over here. I just wanted to make sure you found us."

Dan linked his arm with mine and scurried off with me, heels clicking, towards the other guys and my parents.

"Hi sweetheart," my mom said, "You look beautiful."

She enveloped me in a hug but released me quickly. "It looks like someone wants to talk to you," she whispered in my ear.

I turned to see Josh standing there somewhat awkwardly. The You Me at Six boys didn't seem to notice his absence from their little circle, as they didn't even turn our way.

"Jordan-" Josh started.

I held up a finger as I head someone say that it was 7:30.

"Later, alright?"

I walked over next to him though, staring up at the tree in front of us. Gasps came as the first few flickers of the lights came on.

Josh grabbed me by the waist as the tree came to life, pulling me against his body tightly and pressing his lips to mine. My body exploded in heat as we kissed passionately, unexpectedly. Our lips molded together almost like they were made for each other. I pushed away after I heard Max's gasp.

Staring up at Josh with wide eyes, I backed away slowly. I had Buddy and he was all I needed until I went home.

"Don't go," Josh whispered, tears welling up in his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um hi. This story is almost over and I might follow it up with a sequel (more than likely).
Feedback would be nice, even though it's been forever since I updated.

Sorry :'(

Yep, but you guys should also check out my other stories!

Body Check is my hockey fan-fiction guilty pleasure. I'm having so much fun with it c:

Tomorrow Can Wait is my new original fiction that will be posted shortly. I'm almost finished writing the first chapter :) and my other original fiction has to do (somewhat) with hockey but isn't necessarily focused on that. It's called On Edge.