Sequel: Resolutionary

C'est La Vie

Cinq.

Josh led me downstairs, to the first floor and then down another flight of stairs to the basement. I had yet to go down to the basement, but wasn't surprised to see that it was a stereotypical guys hangout. There was a large flat screen adorning one of the walls, an xbox hooked up to it with controllers and headsets scattered on the floor in the surrounding area.

A pool table sat in one corner, the sticks laid across the table messily. I shook my head, letting a little giggle escape from my throat. I suppose Josh thought seeing a messy room was one way to cheer me up. I looked around, noticing that Josh had disappeared. A door behind the pool table was open, so I walked in there.

The room was tiny, filled with a low table and some amps. One bean bag chair was in the corner and Josh was pulling a wooden one up next to it. He motioned for me to sit and handed me a notebook and a pen.

"Write," he commanded, a gentle undertone to his voice.

I looked up at him. What was I supposed to write.

Sensing my hesitation, Josh asked, "Would you do it again?"

"Of course I would," I whispered.

"Write it down then. Write your story. That's how we compose our songs, yeah?"

I wrote and wrote. It felt like I wrote for hours. All the while Josh just sat next to me, watching me but never saying anything. When I put the pen down, I counted the pages: seven pages of handwritten confessions. I tossed the notebook onto the table and leaned back, rubbing my eyes.

Josh picked up the notebook. I could see his eyes scanning over the page, and he whipped out a hi-liter from a drawer in the table I hadn't seen. Josh highlighted a few lines before continuing to the next page. He repeated this for each page. I could feel a blush spreading across my cheeks and let my dark hair fall over my face.

"Jordan?" Josh asked me quietly. I looked up, meeting his crystal blue eyes with my green ones. "Can I use some of these lines in a song? Help me."

I nodded and he slid off the chair and onto the bean bag with me. We leaned over the pages, ripping them out and spreading them out on the table in front of us. Josh asked me questions, writing my answer down on a separate piece of paper.

"No," I said, pointing to a line of text that read If given the choice would you do it again. "Put that up here."

The line now read, "If given the choice would you do it again? Of course I would, of course I should."

We grinned at each other, high-fiving. It was weird to be around Josh and not be fighting. I wondered if this happiness would last or if it was just a one time thing. I truly hoped not. It was so nice to be able to see this side of him. He was wonderful.

Josh slammed the notebook closed. "We did it."

I laughed and stood up, heading towards the stairs. Josh followed me for once, trailing me all the way upstairs to the little TV room. I pushed open the door just as Josh grabbed me by the waist in a tight hug, lifting me off the ground.

A squeal escaped my lips, followed by my laughter as he swung me around. The guys stared at us in shock, a few mouths open wide. Josh slowly dropped me down to my feet. I brushed off my shirt, straightening the bottom of it.

"Did you guys fuck?" Dan asked bluntly.

Josh and I's faces turned bright red and we both sputtered out a no. Chris laughed warily and I went over, sitting on his lap.

"Hi bro," I greeted, grinning cheerily.

"What 'appened? A few 'ours ago you came in all crying an' shit an' now you're 'appy. Fuckin' girls," he muttered.

I slapped his shoulder, smiling at my brother.

"So wha-"

"We wrote a song!" Josh exclaimed, dropping onto the arm rest of the chair Dan was sitting on.

I pouted, being interrupted by Josh.

Chris spoke up from behind me, "So what're we doing tonight? We'll look at tha' tomorrow, kay? I think Jordo wants to go out."

I nodded eagerly. Jumping out of my chair I yelled a quick, "I'm going to get ready!" and dashed out of the room.

I hadn't realized it was so late. I had woken up late in the afternoon, then Matt and I had watched Titanic, and Josh and I worked on the song. It was already 9 pm! I searched through my still unpacked suitcases to find an outfit but that wasn't working too well. I eventually dumped my suitcase out on my lounge chair.

It would be a pain to put away later, but for now I was alright with that. I found a little mini skirt that was semi-seasonal but could be worn all year and smiled. Chelsea had picked it out for me over the summer, already planning for my trip in the winter. I pulled the tight skirt on and walked over to my closet. A pair of black wedge heels would do the trick.

I picked a simple black tank top, with a lace back and button up front to wear with the skirt. It wasn't overly tight, but it hugged my curves well. I smiled in the mirror, proud of myself. Usually Chelsea would be the one picking out my club outfits, but I must've finally picked up on her style.

I ran the brush through my curls quickly. They bounced back, looking beachy and unfinished. I did my makeup quickly and grinned again. It had only taken me a couple of hours to realize that I didn't need Zach. Tonight would be amazing, knowing I wouldn't be tied down to anyone.



I grinned, throwing my hands up in the air as I danced with Josh. Our bodies were pressed close together as we grinded against each other. I gripped my drink tightly in my right hand, swallowing it in one gulp and handing my glass to some guy that walked by.

I wrapped my arms behind me, around Josh's neck, and he placed his hands on my hips. I moved my hips seductively against him, turning my head as best I could to face him. His lips touched my forehead once, twice, before moving down to my neck. He sucked on my neck, earning a low moan from me.

Where was this coming from? I had only had two or four drinks, I couldn't remember. Josh and I may have been on good terms but that didn't mean I was going to do anything with him! The feelings that were coursing through my veins were telling me otherwise. Josh pressed his lips to mine once. It was a gentle kiss, only our lips touching. Josh was like an addiction - I couldn't get enough.

I turned around and pressed my lips against his forcefully. I craved the taste of his lips, sweet against mine. His hands were low on my back, massaging my lower back carefully. It was almost sweet the way he didn't move them anywhere else. I looked deep into his blue eyes, feeling myself being drawn into them.

I felt myself being yanked away from Josh seconds later. Chris was standing there, an angry look on his face. He gripped my wrist tightly and dragged me away from Josh and out of the club. I stumbled down over the curb.

"What're you during?" I slurred, laughing.

Chris sighed, picking me up from the spot I had collapsed onto. He slung me over his shoulder and I laughed. Dan and Matt were walking behind Chris. I waved, giving them cheesy grins.

"I wanna go back!" I whined, pounding my fists on Chris' back. "I was having lots of fun. Don't you want me to be happy Chris?"

"'Course I wan' ya to be happy sis, but not if it means you're drunk all tha' time that we're out," he replied.

"Where's Josh? He's a good kisser," I sighed, smiling as Chris walked down the street.

"He's comin' 'ome with Max. Don' worry about him."

It felt like minutes later we were at home, and Chris was placing me gently on my bed.

"Go to sleep now, ya hear? You're goin' to be a right mess in the mornin'..." he trailed off.

I kicked off my shoes and slid my legs under the covers, not even bothering to change. I was only resting a few moments when a knock came from my door. I looked over sleepily, seeing Josh come in.

"Look, Jord, we can't do wha' happened tonight. I'm sorry."

I just looked at him. His words flew right over my head as I pulled back the covers and patted the spot next to me.

"Stay with me," I whispered.

The last thing I noticed before I passed out was Josh wrapping the covers around the both of us as he slid into my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
c; No sexy time hehehe