Until the End

Questions

As both girls held onto each other’s hands tightly, Yesenia heard her twin whimper, “What’s going on?” she sounded so confused and Yesenia wanted to comfort Alba, but now wasn’t the time. The Alpha can be anywhere in the building looking for them, she had a feeling that he knew they were there. Her stomach started to do flips as she muttered, “We better keep moving. It’s not safe to stay here.”

Alba glanced at her sister worriedly, “W-What are you talking about? Sen? Sen?”

Yesenia’s eyes were glued to the end of the hallway as her heart started to hammer inside her chest. The hairs behind her neck stood up as a cool shiver ran down her spine in the most eerie way possible. “Come on, let’s go this way.” she tugged at her younger sister’s hand in the opposite way of where she was staring.

Yesenia could see that her sister was utterly confused, wanting to ask more questions about what was going on, but kept a tight lip as she sniffled letting her older sister take the lead. The older twin tried to keep a brave face as they slowly moved back towards the exit. It might be a bad move on her part to walk back out and the probability of the Alpha being out there already could be great, but she had to protect Alba.

Her older sibling senses started to kick in as she pulled Alba closer to her body just in case something was behind them. She knew that staying silent and not answering any of Alba’s questions was making her paranoid, but it was all for the best. As much as she would love to keep Alba out of the dark and out of this situation, she needed to get her out of here fast before she explained what was happening to them. Limping, Yesenia licked her dry lips as her hands started to get sweaty in nervousness.

The pain on her right side was slowly fading until a dull tingling sensation while her leg was throbbing in pain. It was then that Yesenia probably should have taken something to ease her pain while she was waiting for Alba.

Oh well, there was no time for thinking about such stupid things now. As the twins continued to walk down the corridor, it felt like forever before they found the entry way of the school. Yesenia could clearly hear the relief that flooded through Alba as she now took the lead making Yesenia yelp in pain, “Al! What are you doing? Don’t go so fast!”

Alba looked back in question as she saw her sister bending down hissing lowly as she muttered curses under her breath. “Sen? You okay?” Despite that this probably wasn’t the best solution; Yesenia plopped down on the tile floor as she leaned against the wall while she held onto her poorly stitched wound.

The worried twin knelt down beside her, rolling the pant leg up to see what Yesenia was clutching so hard. Her eyes widened as the three large gashes wrapped around her leg was poorly sewn together.

“Sen—Yesenia!” Alba looked up at the pain expression of her twin as she squeezed her eyes shut as she heavily breathed through her nose. Yesenia didn’t know what was going on, as to why the wound was acting up at this particular moment. Instead of answering, she opened her eyes after a few more breaths to feel a slightly burning sensation.

Yesenia opened her mouth in a silent scream before she bit the length of her jacket as the burning pain quickly subsided. The pain lingered as her dark eyes glanced down at Alba who let go of her leg to see no trace of the wound that was inflicted on her.

She didn’t think she would be in shock to see Alba’s powers in action, but to see that she actually did it upon will… “What the hell? How did you do that so fast?” Yesenia looked up at Alba as she sat there uncomfortably; shrugging as if she didn’t know what she was talking about.

“Yesenia? Alba? What are you doing here?”

Both girls looked up to see Sheriff Stilinski standing there with a questionable look on his face. Alba gave a sheepish smile, “I forgot my biology book and came to get it, but Sen was having trouble walking so we took a break.”

Not for one second did the Sheriff believe a word that Alba said as he told the girls to go outside to get checked out while he tried to find his son and their friends. That was when Yesenia remembered that the rest of the gang was here. Glancing back, she watched with cautious eyes as Alba lifted her up and walked through the front door and into the night cool air.

Yesenia furrowed her brows as she let go of Alba’s arm, “Al?”

Alba turned to her in question, “Yeah?” Yesenia pursed her lips as she slowly asked, “Didn’t you say that dad was kidnapped?” the twin nodded before Yesenia jabbed her finger in the direction where her father was sitting in the ambulance, “Then why is he here?”

Alba turned around in shock as she rushed towards their father to give him a hug, Yesenia lingered back as she could hear the light sniffles coming from her baby sister. Yesenia knew that her father was in good hands when Alba told her the description of the kidnapper, the thing was, what was Derek going to do with their father? It didn’t make any sense to her as to why he would go after him, unless he thought her father was linked to the Alpha somehow.

She snorted at that idea as she stuffed her hands into her pockets. Yeah right, there was no way her father was linked in any kind of way to the Alpha, but he was linked to someone. Yesenia stared at her father as he brushed away Alba’s tears as he mumbled something to her.

He was linked to their mother and the probability of him sharing more information about her would be up to him. Frustration ran through her as to why she was here in the first place. When she stayed near the entrance of the school, she saw Lydia walking out with the group of their friends.

“Hey Lydia!” It pains Yesenia to say her name, but she might give her answers as to why she and Alba were here in the first place. The red head turned in question before she walked over, “Yessie? What are you doing here?”

Yesenia cringed at the nickname as she crossed her arms, “I could ask you the same thing. What was so important that you text Al and I to meet you at the school? If this was one of those school pranks you are trying to pul-”

“Okay, hold on a minute. First of all, why in the hell would I want to pull a prank and secondly, I didn’t text you.”

The dark haired beauty growled as she clenched her fists, “Really? Then what is this?” Yesenia shoved her phone in front of the clueless red head as she waved it off after a few seconds, “I swear that I didn’t send you any text. How do I know that you weren’t the one that devised this whole prank scheme?”

“You know for a really smart girl you are really dumb. Why would I rat myself out?”

Lydia shrugged as she pouted her lips, “I don’t know, not everyone is the sharpest tool in the box.” It took all that she hand for not clocking her right there and as she narrowed her eyes at Lydia, she felt someone grab her shoulders with a nervous laugh, “She’s just kidding, Sen. Lydia, can you excuse us for a moment?”

Lydia didn’t say a word as she grinned at the two of them, “Take all the time you need.”

Yesenia menacingly watched her walk away before she huffed and moved herself away from Stiles, “What?” she snapped.

Stiles took steps towards her, he whispered, “I would really suggest for you to calm down right now.”

“Why?” Yesenia growled. Obviously, Stiles tried to ease his way into calming his friend down, but seeing that it wasn’t working he pointed at the nearest light post, “That’s why.” Yesenia followed his finger to see the top of the post bending bent in a twisted manner as the lights started to flicker.

She saw what she was doing and tried to take deep breaths, thinking happy thoughts. As he saw Yesenia’s face relaxing, he sighed, “So, what brings you here?” Just like that Yesenia wanted to chuck the nearest block and smash it into Stiles face, but sufficed with a punch to his shoulder.

“Ow! What is that for?”

“For being an idiot! What do you think we are here? Obviously, we are all here for the same thing.” Yesenia may not be as bright as Alba, but she does know when someone is planning something devious. It wasn’t a coincidence that every person she was connected to was here including her father which was odd and she knew that Stiles was aware of what was happening.

“Do you know anything about this?”

Stiles pretended to be baffled as he scoffed, “What? Me? I don’t know anything, not any more than you do.” Yesenia gave him an unconvincing look as she crossed her arms, “Oh, so you don’t know why Derek took my dad in the middle of the night while Alba was there wondering if our dad is alive or not.”

He groaned as he muttered something about Derek being the stupidest werewolf on the planet, “Look, Derek made a mistake. He thought your dad was the Alpha” That got Yesenia to chuckle bitterly as she leaned on her newly healed leg, “And where did he get that stupid assumption?”

“I don’t know!” Stiles threw his arms in the air, “It’s been a long day, why don’t you go home and get some sleep.”

Yesenia glared at Stiles as he tried to order her on what to do, but without protest she followed his suggestion knowing it was the best one. As they reached her family, her father stood up wincing before he looked down at his two girls, “Why don’t we go home?”

Alba nodded as she took out her car keys and helped their father climb into the passenger seat while Yesenia hopped into the back thinking everything she learned over. Her dark eyes lingered on Scott as their car passed him to see a devastated expression on his face. Then within seconds she saw Derek standing near the forest, their eyes locked until Alba turned the corner and out of sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry there wasn't anything exciting in this chapter, but Derek will be in the next one. Crossing fingers that I will update again before I go on my Vegas trip for my 21st birthday :)

Thanks for the comments,

CrazyPebbles21 (Yes they are part gods. It has dawned on me on that particular idea when I was writing around the fifth chapter that I can add it in.)

RealTalkProject (Thanks and let's hope that Derek doesn't break Sen's heart, if she lets him in through her hard exterior.)