Until the End

Confrontations

Derek’s blue eyes slowly followed Yesenia’s dark brown ones that were filled with hatred; he frowned as a memory flashed in his mind of the two sisters holding their sides in the middle of the hallway. He growled lowly as mixed emotions crawled inside his stomach, he assumed it had something to do with that stupid girl that keeps falling into the Alpha’s traps.

It sort of surprised him to see that the Alpha didn’t attack the two together since they were vulnerable and away from the rest of the group. Derek stretched his back getting out the kinks that developed when the son of a bitch dug his claw into his back.

He was hoping that Yesenia wouldn’t be there since it was clear that the Alpha not only wanted Scott, but was targeting Yesenia as well. What made him a little aggravated was that he didn’t know why he was after someone like her before she started acting strange. The Alpha probably knew what or who she was before Yesenia since she was clueless when he interrogated her when he rescued her.

What he needed to do now was talk to Yesenia as painful as that was for him, her bitter attitude and reluctance to cooperate won’t be something he was looking forward to. Whoever she was, Derek knew that she was essential to the Alpha’s plan and if he got to her first then he will have the upper hand.

~~.~~

When Yesenia woke up the following day she stared at her father for the longest time as they sat down for the first time and ate breakfast together. Alan decided to open up his clinic a bit later than usual today after the incident that happened last night. Yesenia bit into the egg sandwich that Alba made for her as the silence ate away at her. Yesenia immediately asked her father what he was doing at the school and his answer was that he woke up in someone’s car and escaped with minimum access of his hands.

Yesenia sensed the discomfort of her father as he peered up at her, “What is it?”

Alba looked up to see the stare that her sister was giving to their father, almost in an unconvincing way, “When are you going to tell us the truth of what happened?”

Yesenia wanted answers and even though she hasn’t shared the bits of information that she gathered with Alba yet, she knew that their father probably realized that Yesenia was aware of her heritage with that look in her eyes. Alan wasn’t a fool, he realized that both of his girls eyes were changing, he could see flickers of black fading in and out and with Yesenia being aware of what she is, her eyes were slightly more darker than Alba’s.

Alan didn’t want to confess until everything was shared between the two girls and he knew it was a matter of time before Yesenia told Alba. He didn’t want to jump the gun too fast, startling Alba in any way, but he saw the frustration building up in Yesenia as the spoon in his bowl started to quiver.

Alba looked at the spoon, puzzled, as Alan calmly said, “Why don’t you girls head for school before you are late?”

Yesenia locked her jaw dismissing the fact that she showed her power in front of her family; Alba wasn’t completely clueless since her powers seem more advanced making Yesenia wonder if Alba’s powers came far sooner than it did with Yesenia.

If it did, that frustrated her that Alba would keep something like that from her. Don’t jump to conclusions, Sen, she thought. Doesn’t mean that her eyes were fixated on her younger sister as they walked towards Alba’s car when their father’s voice reached their ears, “And Sen?” she turned her head around in question, “The police found your car around a warehouse totaled. We’ll talk about it when you come in for work.”

She rolled her eyes at the tone in his voice; she knew she was in deep shit. Her father couldn’t act too kind to her for too long. Yesenia was well aware that he didn’t want to make the same mistakes their mother made, of being their friend and not their parent.

Waving him off, she climbed into the front seat as Alba drove the two to school. Alba bit her lower lip as she breathed out, “Are you finally going to tell me what is going on?”

Yesenia sighed, rubbing her eyes, “Now is not the time, Al.”

“Then when is it? Because strange things have been happening and I’m getting a little more than scared. I’m fucking terrified, so for the love of God just tell me!” Yesenia quirked a brow at her sister who rarely used profanity, certain things made Alba succumb to the words she was dead set against on using.

Running a hand through her jet black hair as she glanced at the clock knowing that they had a good ten minutes before they arrived at school, “You need to promise me that whatever I tell you, you are going to believe every word that I say and try not to drive us into a tree because I rather not die that way.”

Alba eagerly nodded her head in compliance as her eyes stayed on the road as her twin started to confess to everything that she has learned while she was at Stiles’ house. She even threw in what happened since the day she bumped into Derek to the point where the Alpha attacked her, but the only thing she hasn’t shared and was going to keep to herself was her nightmares. There was no way in hell was she going to admit that she was afraid of falling asleep.

The only time she slept was five minutes, no more than that before she jolted up from her slumber. Yesenia stayed silent as Alba parked the car, sitting there in silence letting it all sink in. “So,” Alba started, “Are you telling me that Scott and Derek are werewolves, and this Alpha person is not only after you, but me?”

Yesenia nodded, “Sums it up. Don’t worry, though.” She held onto her sister’s hand as she swore, “I promise to protect you from him. If he wants us then he will have to get through me first.”

Alba softly smiled as she squeezed her hand, “Don’t think for a second that I am going to let you protect me without me protecting you in the process. Whatever he wants from us, clearly, he knows that we have a hold on any werewolf we come into contact with, right?” she looked into her sister’s eyes in confirmation, Yesenia nodded, “Well then, all we have to do is keep him far away, right?”

Yesenia frowned grimly; “I wish I knew all the answers, Al.” she shrugged not knowing how to proceed with the new information. It would be foolish of them to try anything they were brand new to and since they both, especially Yesenia hasn’t hone her powers as much as Alba, they would be in deep shit if the Alpha came after them this instant.

~~.~~

Yesenia felt drained as she walked out of her English class and started walking towards one of the subjects she dreaded most, History. She didn’t care about learning about the past unless it concerns her own and having her own history lesson yesterday was enough for her to take a long nap if she wasn’t so paranoid.

Walking across campus seem to take forever today as her eyes kept deceiving her into thinking that Derek was here on campus grounds. He wouldn’t be stupid enough to wander around when he was a wanted man, right?

She scoffed, of course he was. Derek after all only thought about himself from what she have seen. Not once has he stepped foot in that school to see if her or sister was alright, he probably drove his car away when they were walking down the hallway and heard the Alpha’s howl. Shaking her head, her side started to sizzle. She hissed in pain as she clutched her side, Yesenia pursed her lips knowing now that whenever her side burned a werewolf was near her.

Doesn’t take a genius to figure that out.

Yesenia’s dark eyes scanned the perimeter looking for any sign of Scott, seeing that there wasn’t anything she continued walking. Walking down a flight of stairs, a strong grip grab onto her and pulled her near a corner as a hand was over her hand preventing her from screaming. She struggled violently as she elbowed the person behind her, but he didn’t let go, “Yesenia. It’s me, idiot.” She heard Derek’s voice hiss above her.

She narrowed her eyes at the wall in front of her as she let her body relax, standing at the corner of the building, she saw that no one was around anymore before she turned around. “Who are you calling an idiot? You are the one that blind sighted me!”

If looks can kill Yesenia would be buried ten times over with that horrible attitude of hers. She can tell Derek was struggling on what he should say next. Stuffing her hands into her white jacket, she huffed, “What are you doing here dad napper?” Derek frowned knowing she acknowledged the fact that he made a stupid move by attacking her father, hell, he didn’t even know it was her father until he saw a glimpse of Yesenia’s sister and her mumbling to herself about their father.

Taking a deep breath, Derek firmly said, “We need to talk.”

“Talk? About what exactly? I have nothing to say to you after what you did.” Yesenia frowned remembering the abrasions and bruises covering her father’s face.

“Now is not the time for this.”

Yesenia glared, “Don’t pull that bullshit on me! Not only did you attack my dad, but you scared the crap out of my sister, so don’t you dare tell me that this isn’t’ the time to discuss this because we are going to discuss this before anything else. So tell me oh wise one, what were your intentions when you kidnapped my father?”

She crossed her arms as her foot impatiently tapped on the concrete waiting for some great explanation that would come out of his stupid mouth. Derek was itching to leave, to forget about his plan for getting Yesenia involved, but she was too essential to just forget about. He cursed mentally at her mere existence as he exhaled slowly through his nose, “I thought your dad, was the Alpha or was someone who was helping covering up the Alpha’s tracks of his true identity.”

Words spilled out of his mouth freely as he narrowed his eyes at Yesenia who smirked, “Well, that is all I need to know. I really need to get to class now.”

Spinning on her heel, she tried to walk across the campus grounds again for the quickest way to her class, but once again was stopped by Derek. Growling lowly, she spun around, “What the hell is your problem?”

“We didn’t have our talk.” Derek lowly hissed.

Yesenia narrowed her eyes into slits as she slowly demanded, “Let.me.go.” within seconds, Derek’s grip on her forearm automatically loosened. He hated whatever she just did to him, he was still in the dark about who she was and seeing that there was no shock in her eyes this time around, she was more comfortable about herself, about her identity.

“Yesenia, whether you want to believe it or not. I am your only option of staying alive, Scott and Stiles can’t save you. They can’t do anything to help. They don’t have the knowledge that I have or the power.” Derek knew this was a losing battle on his end, he needed to try. Yesenia can be the key to getting what he needed and saying the right words to her might win her over.

She thought about what he just said. Derek was right, he was powerful and he knew a hell of a lot more than Scott and Stiles who are still trying to figure things out. He probably could protect her a lot more than Scott can much to her dismay. Pursing her lips, she stepped forward, “What do you have in mind?”

Derek looked around stating that they have to discuss this somewhere else. Yesenia nodded as she followed Derek to his car, opening it slowly as she slid in. Sitting there in sheer awkwardness, she avoided his gaze as he drove away from the school as she text her sister that she wouldn’t be at school for the remainder of the day. She had a feeling that she was going to be with Derek for longer than small conversation of twenty minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Told ya I would update and I did :D I thought it would be awesome to update twice in one day since I was on a roll here. Plus I was bored haha yay for boredom!

Thanks for the comment CrazyPebbles21, you have to realize that both are stubborn fools that won't really admit or accept if they did have feelings for one another. At this point, they are only looking out for themselves as you can see in this chapter. It might change soon ;) As for her probability of being half and half, she was scratched not bitten.