Until the End

Dizzy Spells

“Did you hear about what happened last night?”

“Yeah some guy got mauled by some wild animal of some sort”

Yesenia’s ears perked up when she heard those rumors swirling around; she knew they weren’t rumors since the principal voiced that they will continue school like a normal day despite the attack last night. Cursing under her breath she thought she would get some time off because of the attack but no she had to stay in school.

Sighing deeply she wondered where Scott and Stiles were at since she hasn’t seen them this morning. She usually does before she goes to class but this morning she hasn’t; the bell rang as she scurried off into class holding all of the books that she needed.

Plopping down in her seat without a care in the world she propped her hand up as her head leaned on it as she stared out the window. It was overcast like usual and then a paramedic vehicle was parked outside as she raised her brow, class has already started as the teacher was drowned out as she stood up from her seat.

“Ms. Santos is there something you would like to share with the class?” the teacher challenged the young teen.

Yesenia ignored her as usual as she stepped closer to the window muttering “What the hell?” a few EMT’s were pushing a gurney where a man laid with a neck brace and blood splattered all over his body. It seems as if he was dead.

She furrowed her brows trying to see who exactly it was but she didn’t recognize the man on the gurney at all. The students all around her got curious as to why she was standing up from her seat and the teacher tried to hold her ground by commanding everyone to take their seats but it was futile.

Everyone’s gaze was focused on the injured man as they muttered to themselves; suddenly the man lurched forward in panic making everyone scream. Yesenia jumped at the sudden movement before she heard her teacher say “Settle down everyone and get back to your seats por favor”

Pursing her lips she struggled to take her eyes away from the person as she slowly sat down in her seat and opened her Spanish book. That was a sight that she has never seen before, she was used to animals being injured not humans and by the looks of it that man certainly did get mauled by some wild beast. The picture of that man was in her mind for all of her classes until lunch time, she couldn’t get it out of her mind as she bumped into her twin.

“Hey Yesenia” Alba greeted her sister with a warm smile.

Yesenia muttered back a greeting looking deep in thought as she grabbed the apple and water from the cafeteria the only food that she would eat that wouldn’t disgust her. As she walked with her twin she heard Scott that was in front of them “-something happened last night and I don’t remember what” he looked frustrated as he sat down across from Stiles.

“What don’t you remember?” breaking the silence as she took a bite out of her apple as she sat down next Scott. Both boys looked shocked and flabbergasted that she appeared out of nowhere.

“Uh, what?” Stiles laughed nervously.

Yesenia narrowed her eyes “You said that you couldn’t remember something that happened last night. What were you doing?” raised her brow as she took another bite out of her apple. Alba just sat there with a confused expression as to what they were talking about since she was sort of spacing out when she followed her twin towards the boys.

“Why did you only get an apple, Sen? Trying to lose weight again?” Stiles asked.

It was obvious that he was trying to change the subject but she wouldn’t have it as she glared at them “This is the only thing I can eat moron so what were you doing last night? What happened anyways with you after the game? You ran before anyone could congratulate you”

Scott looked afraid as he saw that Yesenia was getting very suspicious as to why he was acting so weird, clearing his throat he thought he could come up with some story that would keep her off his back for a while. “Well um, I just wasn’t feeling well and I didn’t want to throw up in front of everyone so I ran to the nearest bathroom”

The Spanish beauty narrowed her eyes “If you weren’t feeling so well then why did you play?”

“You played great last night Scott. That’s what Yesenia was trying to say” Alba cut in before everything got out of hand.

Both boys were grateful for having Alba sitting at their table that could settle anything that Yesenia was cooking up in her mind. It still didn’t help but stir up suspicions about the two as she finished her lunch as Alba started talking to them before everyone else joined their table. Allison slowed down seeing that Yesenia was sitting next to Scott and as she sighed she stood up “Here take my seat”

“Oh no, I couldn’t” Allison interjected feeling flustered that she looked that obvious that she wanted to sit next to Scott.

“Oh no. I insist, if I don’t then I won’t hear the end of it with Scott knowing he lost his shot with sitting with a beautiful girl” Scott shot Yesenia a dirty look as Allison blushed while Yesenia just smirked at the two. It was so painfully obvious that those two were just into one another as she took the next seat next to Allison while Danny, Jackson, Lydia and some other girl that she really didn’t know.

They started talking about the attack she focused more on what they were saying; Danny was convinced that it was some animal attack probably a mountain lion and Jackson interjected that it was a cougar. Lydia trying to pretend that she wasn’t smart said that a mountain lion and a cougar was the same thing but she backtracked and ended it with a question instead.

So sad that she wanted to pretend to be stupid when in actuality she was one of the smartest people sitting around this table including her sister Alba who was also a pure genius. Yesenia leaned forward when she saw Stiles display his phone to the group “I think I know you did it” playing the video where the man was attacked.

It was a school bus and showing the back the door was off its hinges as blood was smeared on the outside and inside of the bus. Yesenia couldn’t keep her eyes off of it before she shook her head she was getting a slight headache from all of this. Clearing her throat she quickly took her water bottle as she excused herself from the group.

“Yessie where are you going?” Lydia questioned.

“I’m not feeling so well. I’m going to the nurse’s office for some medicine”

“Do you want me to go with you?” Alba already was about to take off with her but Yesenia butted in that she didn’t need her to go with.

As much as she wanted her twin to come with she didn’t want to feel so attached to her twin anymore doing everything together. It hurt her as much as Alba seeing the rejection on her face as she sat down slowly once again while Yesenia quickly took off as her head started to pound more violently.

Shaking her head she breathed deeply as she entered the nurse’s office with a wince seeing the bright lights were irritating her sight. “Alba? What’s wrong?” she heard the nurse walking up to her. Yesenia wanted to bash her face in for mistaking her for her sister, I mean come on they didn’t even dress the same way!

“I’m Yesenia” she said as kindly as possible.

“…Oh, Yesenia. What seems to be the problem” the nurse wasn’t as kind as before as she backed away from the teen wondering what she was doing here. When Yesenia told her about her headache she frowned when she explained what was going on. It sounded like the nurse didn’t believe her one bit; “Would I ever lie to you about something like this?” her dark brown eyes glanced up with fury.

The nursed crossed her arms “I don’t know would you? The last time you were in here you faked that you had dizzy spells just so you can get out of class. Why don’t you go back to class Yesenia”

Yesenia stood her ground “I really need some medicine for my headache…so would you please just give it to me?” she didn’t want to be rude but she was really pushing it. Grinding her teeth from the pain that she was enduring she leaned on the table as she clutched her head as the pounding in her head started to become louder and more prominent.

What is happening? she thought.

This was highly unusual for her. “Yesenia I won’t ask you again-” the nurse threatened but that threat soon turned into concern when the teen couldn’t take it anymore and her eyes rolled into the back of her head before she collapsed on the ground.

When she woke up all she could feel was the dull pain that was throbbing on the side of her head, a groan left her lips as she turned to see where she was. She was still at the school as she lightly touched her head to see that it was bandaged up. “Yesenia! Thank goodness you are alright” Alba showed relief as she was standing by her sister’s side.

Yesenia swallowed hard as she stared up at Alba as they shared the confusion that was coming off of her together. Alba furrowed her brows “Yesenia…” she trailed off before she shook her head “Dad is worried about you too but he couldn’t take off work so I am going to drive you home okay?”

Yesenia pursed her lips happy that her father wasn’t going to pick her up; nodding her head she sat up with the help of her sister. As she stood up she lightly pushed Alba’s hands away “I can do it myself” she murmured as she slowly started to walk on her own. She heard Alba thank the nurse for looking out for her as the nurse told Yesenia to take it easy for the next few days.

“It could be lack of nutrition that made you faint”

Alba showed her concern as she stared at her twin whose face was faced away from her; Yesenia knew it wasn’t lack of nutrition it was something else she couldn’t explain. It frustrated her that she didn’t know what the hell was going on. She wanted to roll her eyes when the nurse said that she wanted to speak with her father.

“Listen lady, I am not anorexic”

The nurse didn’t look like she paid any mind to her; storming out of the room Alba followed her. “Yesenia…Yesenia wait!” she grasped her arm “What’s going on Yesenia? Are you sure you are okay?” worry was etched all over her voice. Yesenia wished she knew what exactly was going on but she sighed.

“I’m fine. Just please drive me home” she muttered.

As she lay in bed she put the ice pack on her forehead as she rested; her coach threw a fit when she learned that Yesenia was skipping practice for the next few days. Alba told her that the coach was yelling through the phone because of it but how can she get any better if she pushed herself? She didn’t even know what it was.

By the time she went back to practice she knew that the rumor of her being anorexic would spread all over the school. The nurse had a huge mouth and she would tell her daughter which in turn will tell her friends and it would just catch on like wildfire.

Oh how she loved high school.

As it suddenly turned dark she felt the buzz of her phone, she picked it up from her night stand as her head softly still pounded. I hope you feel better sweetheart. Rest up and I will see you in the morning

Great, he was working over time again. It was rare when he did and that was only because he wanted to make sure that a few dogs that had surgery made it through the night. Yesenia admired his ethnic skills when it came to animals but when it came to taking care of human beings, he was horrible at it. No wonder he became a vet instead of a doctor.

As she texted back that she got the message she heard the soft voice of her twin “Yesenia, how are you feeling? Feel like eating?”

Her mocha eyes glanced at her twin “Sure” getting up from her bed she followed her sister down the steps and asked if they had any soda to go along with the dinner that she prepared. Alba frowned as she smacked her head muttering she knew she forgot something.

“Don’t worry about it. I will run to the gas station and grab something to drink. What do you want?”

Alba furrowed her brows “I don’t think you would be driving Sen. You just woke up”

“I feel fine” it took a while before Alba reluctantly let her sister go by herself as she kept the food heated up. Grabbing her keys she drove to the nearest gas station to refill the tank of her car before she walked in and grabbed a few drinks that would sustain them both. When she stopped and saw her father’s favorite drink she pursed her lips wondering if she should even get it for him.

Rolling her eyes she got it for him so he wouldn’t complain that she got something for them but not for him. As she paid for her drinks she saw two cars blocking a black Mustang. Narrowing her eyes she thought the person looked familiar and to see that it was the guy that she saw the other night she inched closer as to what they were talking about.

“Nice ride. Black cars though are very hard to keep clean” she saw Allison’s father rub his thumb on the brand new car with a smirk on his face “I would suggest a little more maintenance” he backed away from the car to face the green eyed man that stood there firmly with a blank expression on his face.

“When you have something this nice you have to take care of it, right?” the man started to clean the window as he continued on about how he is very protective of his family and then he pointed out something that probably was a low blow. “You probably don’t have it these days, do you?” Yesenia saw the look on the man’s face as he grinded his teeth and his hands balled up in fists trying to control his anger.

“There you go. Now you can look through your windshield now. Can look through it so much more clearer” the way he said it hinted something but Yesenia didn’t know exactly what was going on as she saw that somehow these two didn’t like each other one bit.

As the older man turned away to get into his car, the younger one had to say something “You forgot to check the oil”

As he said that the Argent man grinned as he turned around and looked at his buddies “Check the man’s oil” once he said that the two men walked towards the Mustang before one of them busted the window with a gun. That was when Yesenia had enough “Hey!” she stormed over with her plastic bag in hand as she glared at the men who did damage to the car.

“What the hell is your problem? You are going to pay for that” she pointed a finger at the man who didn’t look affected.

“Yesenia” she spun around to see Allison’s father look at her with warning eyes “Shouldn’t you be home right now?”

Crossing her arms she leaned on one of her legs “I don’t know. Should I be?” she challenged him “Besides, didn’t you know it’s fucking rude to break someone’s window on purpose?”

“Watch your tone young lady” the stern voice echoed in her ears “I would go back home, you don’t look too good” with that last comment he climbed into his car and drove off as well as his fools. Yesenia glared at both of the men that drove off with a grin on their features, the young teen muttered a few curse words under her breath before she spun around.

“You okay?”

The green eyed man gave her a blank look “That was unnecessary. I could have handled it”

“Sure you can” her eyes glanced at the broken window before she glanced back at him “Let me pay for the damage they caused”

“Why? You didn’t do it”

Yesenia sighed “Look, I’m trying to be nice here.” Pursing her lips she walked around towards the driver’s side as she lightly touched the smashed window “I could fixed this no problem” her eyes peered up at him as he gave her a interested look.

“I can handle it myself” Yesenia stood in the way for him to get into his car.

“You don’t want to further injure a teenage girl would you?” he narrowed his eyes at her before she said “Let me fix that window for you”

He stayed there in silence before he rubbed his eyes before breathing heavily through his nose “Fine”

Yesenia shifted on her feet as she stood there in silence, all she could hear was her heart beating and the crickets that were chirping through the air. “Are you going to move or not?” she rose a brow when she replied “As soon as you tell me your name”

“Derek” he answered just as shortly.

Yesenia stared at him as she asked why he isn’t going to ask her what her name was and all she got was “Why ask when I know your name?” he got her there before he continued saying that if she was actually going to fix his window they should get going. Blinking she nodded as she gripped the bag in her hands tighter as she walked to her car before she turned and told Derek over her shoulder to follow her. He nodded as she climbed into her car and drove towards her house.

Parking her car, she got out with the bag in hand and as soon as she walked towards Derek she told him to park his car in the extra garage that was beside their house. That was where most of her stuff was at and to keep him out of sight from Alba. Once she got into the house she quickly put the bag down as Alba asked if she was ready to eat.

“I will eat later. I have something to do before I eat. Be back later”

“Where are you going?”

When Yesenia told her she was going to be in her garage she didn’t say anything else as she took the beverages out of the bag and left her alone. As she walked into her garage she saw Derek stare at some of the paintings that were surrounding her own private space. He probably doubted that she could fix his window but what he didn’t know was that she knew a lot more things that he realized.

As she opened the extra locker filled with glass she started to fix the missing window, Derek didn’t really say anything as he let her do the work. Yesenia felt slightly annoyed that he was staring at her so openly “What is the matter with you and staring? It’s so fucking creepy” she looked up at him with a slight glare.

Derek retorted “Says the girl that invited a complete stranger into her garage so you can fix his window”

She pursed her lips knowing that he had a point, sighing she continued to work before she finally finished within a couple of hours. Wiping the sweat off of her forehead she winced when she felt the pain of her headache coming on again.

“You okay?”

It was the first time she heard someone like Derek showing slight concern, she gave him an amusing smile “I’m fine, just a little headache that’s all” Derek didn’t really that it was nothing. He knew that it was something serious the way she clutched her head and her naturally tanned skin was turning slightly white.

“You should go relax before it gets worse” he muttered.

She cleared her throat as she licked her dry lips agreeing to what he said, she didn’t want to faint again and to be around someone she rarely knew for instance. As he got into his car and backed out of the garage and into the street she turned around without recognition of goodbye as she walked into the house ready to collapse again.

What is wrong with me?
♠ ♠ ♠
I am the worst person on the planet! Not updating this story for so long XD Gah but on the good note I finally know where I want to go with this story. It would flow a lot more fluidly I hope and everything that goes on with Yesenia would be unique in a sense...I hope. I might stray from the original plot but that is highly unlikely. Thank you for all of your comments and please tell me what you think of this one!

P.S. I want to give my condolences to the lovely Whitney Houston who died recently. I was shocked to see that she has passed away and she has done so much in the music world and has been a major influence in my life, she will be missed greatly.