You've Got My Heartbeat Running Away

Be Peppy!

I'm going to kill her. I watched as Kylee practically skipped away, shit eating grin and all. I was about to flip out but I turned back to the Aussie and put on my best smile. That's when he started to laugh, which confused the hell out of me.

“That is such a fake smile. Do you cheerleaders practice that?” he asked through his laughter. I couldn't talk, I just let my mouth hang open slightly. “You're so pissed at her, I know it.” he said. I closed my mouth and smiled again, easing into a real one.

“She promised she wouldn't run off to find a guy. So I get to smack her when I see her again.” I said. He smiled and walked closer, putting his arm around my shoulders. Australians have no personal space apparently.

“Don't worry, I'm loads of fun, sheila.” he said, guiding me over to a giant hauler with Monster on the side.

There was a bike sitting off to the side, people working on it. They looked up and smiled, elbowing each other and snickering, then shaking their heads. I was trying to remind myself to just relax and talk to the cute Australian, and don't worry. But my mind was creeping back into panic. What if he was some crazy murderer? Don't forget that you have a boyfriend. A hand was waving in my face, making me blink and look over.

“Lost ya for a second.” he said, sitting on the steps on the hauler. I sat next to him and watched the people buzzing around.

“What are you here for?” I asked. He smiled and nodded towards the dirt bike in the corner.

“I'm an athlete.” he said. I wanted to smack my forehead. Gee Ky, thanks for telling me who was who!

“I'm sorry, I don't watch action sports.” I said with a little giggle.

“Football must be your life then.” he said, his forehead wrinkling at the word football.

“Do you have football in Australia?” I asked.

“Sorta. Our football is your soccer.” he said. I nodded and looked back over at the bike. “So...does a pretty sheila like yourself have a boyfriend?” he asked. Very subtle.

“He plays for the Chargers, actually.” I said. His face fell a little, making me feel bad. He definitely was a cutie, hell he's pretty hot, but I have a boyfriend.

“Damn, he must be pretty big, aye?” he said.

“Yeah, he kind of his.” I said with a smile. I elbowed him lightly and smiled at him.

“I'm sure plenty of girls are gushing over you.” I said. He laughed and shook his head. “Aw come on! You're so hot! Curly hair, dark eyes, good height, and a sexy accent! That is the makings of a panty dropper.” I spat out. I instantly felt my face heat up. Way to go!

“You sure you don't find me sexy? I'm pretty sure you just told me whole crew and me pops.” he said. I thought my heart stopped when he said his dad was there.

“Oh shit.” I whispered, ducking my head into my hands. He laughed and wrapped an arm around me, gently rubbing my upper arm.

“Come on, cheerleaders are supposed to be peppy!” he said, standing up and kicking his leg high. I almost lost it when he started pretending to cheer.

“Knock that off! You hurt yourself for a girl and I'll kill ya!” An older man yelled, probably his dad. Bilko looked over at me and made a face causing me to completely lose my composure. Kylee appear in the distance and started over. Great timing, Ky! Right when I was enjoying this!
♠ ♠ ♠
Bilko is such a spaz
I kind of want to see him acting like a cheerleader.
How priceless would that be?

:)

KYLEE KANGAROO! :D