Status: Work in Progress

Your Song

Old friends pt. 2

“Sam who is this?” a girl said stepping forward. I kept my face neutral when I caught sight of her scars. Billy had already warned me about her scars and how much it hurts Sam to know he put them there.

Playing the friend card as only I can, “Sam, she’s gorgeous, let me guess fiancé?” I said stepping forward to grab her hands before turning to Sam who had a small blush on his cheeks.

“Yeah, this is Emily Young, my fiancé” he said sighing at the end before stepping forward to hug her from behind since I still had her hands in my grasps.

“Hi, sorry about that – you know tackling him to the ground out of nowhere – its just I haven’t seen him in a couple of years. My name is Jacklyn but you can call me Jackie, I was a child hood friend of Sam’s before I left for Paris,” I said to her before turning to wink and wiggle my eyebrows at Sam suggestively.

“So how long?” I asked him smiling big as I got a chuckle and a smile out of him.

“Shut up” he murmured before hiding his face in Emily’s neck causing her to laugh at how embarrassed I make him.

“Wait, I don’t remember you and Sam being friends?” Jacob said from where he sat between Embry and Quil.

“That’s because you were to busy hanging out with your dorky friends to pay attention much to mine, you were only like twelve or something back then” I said to him sticking my tongue out at him before sitting on his lap after I grabbed the muffin he handed to me. He put his hand on my waist before I put my legs up onto Embry’s waist. They were so used to this that they didn’t even flinch or comment, Embry just put his hand on my legs before he stuffed his face with another muffin.

“Guys I would like you to meet my childhood friend and Jacob’s older sister Jacklyn Black but she likes to go by Jackie” Sam said before sitting down after Emily left to her kitchen muttering about her last batch of muffins about to burn in the oven.

“Jake you have a sister? Since when?” one of the guys said.

“Last I check since before I was born. She’s older then me dumbass, and she’s Sam’s age” Jake said to his friend before he slapped him in the back of his head. I laughed at how much his friends are like him and remind of him when he was less stern and carefree, but I wasn’t the only one who noticed.

“He’s different when he’s with, glad that hasn’t changed. He’s been through some rough patches for a while now, it’s that you’re back, for him and for Billy. And maybe a little for me” Sam said as he came up to stand next to me as we watched for the boys wrestle for the last muffin on the table only to have Emily hit them with a wooden spoon and place a fresh new batch of muffins on the table.

I couldn’t help but laugh at my brother’s expression of bliss as he bit into a muffin, which were by the looks of it blueberry. My favorite, shrugging off Sam’s arm I squeezed into between two guys and reached for a muffin. I grabbed one with a sense of pride and was about to bite into it when I was nudged to the side a little too roughly and fell on the other guys lap.

“Eep…I’m so sorry. I was kind of pushed away,” I said turning to glare at Quil, who avoided eye contact with me, munching away happily of what could have been his tenth muffin.

I turned to stare at the guy I was sitting on – but through his face’s roundness he was more kid then man – and stared into a pair of familiar dark brown eyes. “Clearwater? Sethie Clearwater?” I said out loud before I could hold it in.

He slowly began to blush uncontrollably before turning to glare at the guys who ended up cracking up at the “Sethie” part. I turned to glare them as well, until a girl with a vicious glare came up to me and grabbed my arm yelling at me to get off her brother.

“Wait!” I yelled out over the loud and angry voices surrounding me.

“Is it really Sethie, first of all?” I asked, turning around to stare at the guy I had landed on. All of the guys had immediately shut up after I had yelled out and stared at me in patience, then as one had started nodding.

“Okay, one moment” I said to the girl who was glaring at me still but with some confusion on her face. Turning I launched myself into Seth’s arms hugging him close, “Sethie! I missed you so much, you remember me right. I used to baby-sit you when your sister didn’t want to. How’s your mom? I’m so sorry about your daddy, I missed him so much while I was away!” I said to him hugging him close.

At some point he must have recognized me because he chuckled and nodded to everything I said as he hugged me tight saying how much he missed everything and me.
“Okay, so then, Sethie’s sister Leah is the one who – “ I said pulling away before I lunged and hugged Leah close too.

“OMG, it is you! Leah I missed you so much! How have you been, you stopped writing over two years ago all of a sudden, I though maybe you had forgotten about your best friend!” I yelled as I hugged her tightly.

“Jacklyn?” she whispered before she hugged me tight, I felt her hot tears land on my shirt and knew right now more then anything she needed me. After giving Sam and Jake a look I quickly led her to the back porch muttering about how we have so much to catch up about hoping that they wouldn’t get suspicious. There’s one thing I knew about Leah that no one else knew about, she never cries in front of anybody but she does in silence and when she’s alone.

I was one of the very few people who she goes to when she feels the need to cry and I take that as a responsibility she gave to me specifically as her friend. I hugged her close as she sobbingly told me about what happened between her and Sam. I wasn’t surprised they had gotten together, they were both of my friends and they always had a crush on each other.

But it seems like there was so much more going on in La Push then the relationship problems Leah had gone through, given that I had yet to find out my own brother still had some with a certain brunette I couldn’t wait to get my hands on.
♠ ♠ ♠
here is that second chapter i promised!