Sequel: Design Your Universe
Status: Active

Rule the World

The Summer Festival

Recap: ‘’Okay,’’ I said smiling at him. He walked into his room and I made my way back to my room to get ready.

I walked into my room to find Alyssa waiting for me. As soon as she saw me I was instantly tackled against the wall in a hug.

‘’Uhm… hello to you too?’’ I said laughing.

‘’He asked me out!’’ She yelled quickly, ecstatic.

‘’Wait what?’’

‘’Well, he didn’t really ask me out he said we should hang out,’’ Alyssa said still speaking quickly. I could barely understand her.

‘’A… Alyssa!’’

‘’What,’’

‘’Speak slowly so I can understand you!’’

‘’Jonathon asked me to hang out with him at the festival tonight,’’ she said forcing her voice to be slow. I laughed at her as she let go of me then jumped up and down squealing.

‘’Well, we can help each other get ready,’’ I said laughing as I jumped onto my bed.

‘’Wait, you’re going too,’’ she asked raising an eyebrow at me as she sat beside me.

‘’Yes, with Thomas,’’ I said unable to hide my smile.

‘’I SHOULD’VE FIGURED!’’ She yelled causing me to jump.

‘’I’D LIKE TO KEEP MY DAMN HEARING!’’ I yelled back.

‘’Ha-ha no matter how loud you get it won’t bug me because I can’t lose my hearing ‘cause I’m a ghost so BLAH!’’ She yelled laughing.

‘’You know what Kat,’’ she said finally.

‘’What,’’ I questioned.

‘’I’ve got the perfect dress for you!’’

‘’Let me see it,’’ I said smirking. I wasn’t the kind of person to wear a dress but I had never minded wearing one. Alyssa got up and walked over to the closet. I got up to follow her but she was back before I could. My jaw dropped when I saw the dress.

‘’Oh wow…’’ I said speechless.

‘’I know right?’’

‘’It’s amazing!’’ I said taking the dress from her.

‘’I know, here come on lets go to my room,’’ she said walking towards the door. With the dress still in my hand I followed her. Alyssa’s room was far from my own.

‘’My dress is this one,’’ she said taking it from her closet. My jaw dropped once more. It was hard to imagine her wearing something like that but, at the same time I could.

‘’It’s beautiful,’’ I said smiling.

‘’Jon’s gonna love it.’’

‘’You think!’’

‘’I know!’’ I said laughing at her enthusiasm.

‘’I sure hope so,’’ she said smiling.

‘’He will, trust me.’’

.X.

It took us about an hour to get ready. The dress Alyssa had given me fit perfectly.

‘’Damn Kat,’’ Alyssa said looking at me.

‘’What,’’ I asked laughing.

‘’You’re gonna have Thomas drooling all over the damn place!’’ I burst out laughing.

‘’YEAH RIGHT! Jon will do the same damn thing when he sees you!’’

‘’No he won’t,’’

‘’He will, now don’t argue with me ‘cause bitch shit’s gonna go down!’’

‘’Okay, fine,’’ she said smirking.

‘’Thomas said for me to meet him down in the foyer. Do you think he’s down there?’’ I asked since it had only been and hour and 30 minutes or so since I had talked to him.

‘’Only one way to find out,’’ Alyssa said getting up. She took my hand and pulled me up with her. We walked slowly to the main hall and then down the steps to the foyer. I smiled seeing both Thomas and Jonathon. Jonathon was doing something paying no attention.

Thomas smacked him and when he turned back to him to ask what the hell he had done that for he caught sight of Alyssa and I and his jaw hit the floor. I looked over at Alyssa who was blushing. I smiled and laughed softly nudging her with my arm. I looked back at Thomas who wouldn’t take his eyes off me.

He had his hair pulled back, something I never saw him do, and Jon’s hair hung at his shoulders like usual. I locked my eyes on to the wall behind Thomas refusing suddenly to look at him. I glanced at him just once and saw a slightly annoyed look in his eyes and a smirk on his face.

‘’Hey guys,’’ I said smiling. Thomas smiled back and wrapped his arm around my waist.

‘’You look amazing,’’ Jonathon said to Alyssa smiling. She smiled back shyly. I waited for a comment from Thomas but he didn’t say anything.

‘’The ball doesn’t start until later tonight,’’ Thomas said finally saying something to me. ‘’So, I was wondering if you’d like to have dinner.’’ Thomas said as he took my hand in his smiling lightly at me.

‘’I’d love to,’’ I said smiling back.

‘’You are invited to if you’d like to come,’’ he said turning to Lyssa and Jon.

‘’No thank you Thomas,’’ Jon said. ‘’I think we are going to go for a walk in town.’’ He continued smiling down at Alyssa.

‘’Okay, we’ll see you guys later then I suppose.’’ Alyssa and Jon walked towards the door and Thomas led me in another direction. He pushed open the doors to a large dinning hall. My jaw dropped slightly at the size. The walls were a dark grey color, the table was white marble and there was a large silver chandelier hanging above the ceiling. The light given off from the chandelier had a blue tint. The whole room was gorgeous. We walked along the side of the table until Thomas pulled a chair out for me. I smiled at him and sat down then he pushed me back under the table.

‘’Thomas are you okay,’’ I asked suddenly as he sat down.

‘’Yes, I’m fine why do you ask,’’ he asked looking at me curiously.

‘’I don’t know… you’ve just been awfully quiet since earlier.’’

‘’Ah, I’m fine don’t you worry about me,’’ he said smiling warmly taking a sip of his wine. I smiled back slightly skeptical. Something… something wasn’t right. I could tell.
You’re getting yourself worked up over nothing Kat, so stop being so paranoid! I thought annoyed with myself.

‘’So Kat, tell me about your family. I’ve not heard much about them other than Ijs.’’ Thomas said as food was placed in front of us by servants who had come out of no where.

‘’I hate using the workers here,’’ he mumbled quietly. I laughed slightly.

‘’There’s not much to tell really,’’ I said taking a bite of my food.

‘’Well, surely there has to be something.’’

‘’Nope, my dad left Ijs and I a few years back and my mom hates me.’’

‘’Why did your dad leave you guys,’’ Thomas asked looking over at me.

‘’I don’t know,’’ I lied. ‘’And I don’t really care,’’ I said smiling trying to make it less obvious that I was lying.

Thomas

‘’Why did your dad leave you guys,’’ I asked looking over at Kat.

‘’I don’t know,’’ she said. ‘’And I don’t really care,’’ she said smiling. The look on her face and her smile were betraying her eyes. I could see that hatred and want for revenge suddenly flare. She really must not like him. I thought to myself. I knew she was lying when she said she didn’t know why he left. I decided not to push the issue and shrugged it off.

‘’So, I’ve been dying to ask lord Youngblood,’’ she said smirking.

‘’What kind of music do you listen to,’’ she asked. I smiled.

‘’All kinds I suppose, classical, rock, metal, symphonic metal,’’ she raised an eyebrow at me.

‘’Symphonic metal,’’ she questioned. ‘’I’d like to hear that.’’

‘’It’s great music, I can think of several bands you’d like. You’d be a great singer for the genre.’’ She laughed at my remark.

‘’I’m serious Katariina,’’ I said looking her in the eyes.

‘’I doubt that,’’ she laughed. ‘’I HIGHLY doubt there’s any classically trained singers in metal!’’

‘’There are several,’’ I replied smiling. ‘’I’ll play some tonight during the ball.’’ She smirked.

‘’I’ll hold you to that Thomas,’’ she said grinning.

‘’Feel free to sing as well,’’ I said smiling back at her. I stood up and held my hand out to her. She took it still smiling and pulled herself up.

‘’Come on the ball should be starting soon.''
♠ ♠ ♠
MONSTER CHAPTER! This one is really long. :D The next one will probably be longer. ;) I figured I should stop there other wise you'd have this big huge two part chapter as one! My word count for this is 1,350. :)

On a side note Alyssa and Jonathon are up in the characters section as is Mephisto. HOPE YOU LIKED IT! There wasn't really any oh shit moments but there will be in the next one.

Pics:
Kat and her dress

Alyssa and her dress