Sequel: Design Your Universe
Status: Active

Rule the World

The Warning

‘’It’s been a long day for all of us,’’ Roy said finally. ‘’Why not discuss this more after dinner?’’ he continued. Everyone agreed though the tension still hung in the air. I wasn’t exactly sure who Mephisto was other then the fact that he was a king. I would have to ask Thomas or Roy later. Thomas hadn’t talked much about Mephisto, only the Lord Grillo, Tibbetts, and Palotai.

All of us walked to Roy’s dinning hall, which was much like Thomas’. I wasn’t surprised the two were a lot alike. The black chandelier on the ceiling shone with a haunting blue-ish light that cascaded down the dark walls and dark blue curtains before failing to the obsidian black floor. It was eerie, but beautiful. I sat between Thomas and Ijs, Sera sat beside Roy across from Ijs with Lord Grillo –who I now knew to call Casey—was seated to her left, next to Casey was Lord Tibbetts –Sean—then, Lord Palotai –Oliver—and beside him was of course the woman that had entranced him, Lady Simone.

‘’So, Kat, how did you manage to get stuck with Thomas here?’’ Simone asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

‘’She thought she was invincible,’’ Thomas said with a grin. I smacked him.

‘’I never said I was invincible Thomas, I just said I don’t scare easy.’’

‘’Oh I’m sure that was it,’’ he said with a laugh.

‘’Me being me, you know I just had to prove her wrong,’’ he finished with a smirk.

‘’And did you prove her wrong,’’ Casey asked.

‘’I think so,’’ Thomas said smiling at me. The look in his eyes, though cryptic to everyone else, held regret.

‘’How the hell did you manage to do that?’’ Ijs asked leaning forward.

‘’As creepy as this sounds, that’s for us to know, and you not to!’’ I said laughing. Ijs’ eyes widened.

‘’I’m gonna pretend I never heard any of this…’’ he mumbled. Everyone laughed quietly and dinner continued with small talk.

After dinner the five lords and Lady Simone had gone up to Roy’s study to talk about the issues at hand leaving Sera, Ijs and I to hang out. After a while Ijs fell asleep stretched out in the chair. I looked over at him trying not to laugh. I was extremely tempted to play a prank on him.

‘’So what’s the relationship between you and Roy,’’ I asked quietly so I wouldn’t wake my little brother up.

‘’There isn’t one,’’ she replied quickly.

‘’Oh come on! There’s something between you two.’’

‘’It’s… complicated,’’ Sera said finally.

‘’I see,’’ I said softly.

‘’What about you and Thomas,’’ she asked looking up at me.

‘’I’m sure Ijs has told you that I don’t like authority or rules.’’

‘’He has,’’ she said smiling.

‘’Well, a king is an authority figure to me, so, I decided I didn’t like Thomas before I even met him, but after a while… I figured out he wasn't as bad as I made him out to be. We’re a lot alike actually…’’ After explaining that, silence fell between Sera and I. I looked over at her. She was thinking about something. A little while later she stood up.

‘’It’s getting late,’’ she said quietly. ‘’I’m going to go ahead and go to bed,’’ she explained.

‘’Good night Sera,’’ I replied quietly. I was getting tired too but I was determined to wait up for Thomas. Sera echoed a quiet good night before walking off somewhere else. I closed my eyes.

‘’It’s haunting, this hold that you have over me, I grow so weak, I see you, and everything around you fades… You can never know what it is you do to me…’’ I sang softly. I jumped hearing a door open suddenly. Thomas and Roy walked out followed by the other kings and queen. I smiled up at Thomas as he reached out to take my hand. I gladly took his hand and pulled myself up. He wrapped his arm around me and I leaned against him more tired then I thought I was. Simone smiled at me.

‘’I think it’s about time for all of us to head to bed,’’ Casey said laughing when he saw Ijs. I grinned.

‘’Aw come on, why not stay up for a little while longer and play a prank on him?’’ I asked laughing.

‘’Kat, if your brother’s anything like the five of us guys, I’m not so sure about Lady Simone here, but if he’s anything like us, he’ll get some payback. And payback is hell!’’ Oliver said laughing.

‘’Oliver, how many times have I told you to call me Simone,’’ the red headed queen asked looking up at him.

‘’About a million and two times and I still won’t just to annoy you,’’ Oliver replied with a grin.

‘’Oh would you two quit flirting or get a room!’’ Casey yelled.

‘’We’re not flirting Casey!’’ Simone snapped hitting him. Thomas and I cracked up laughing.

‘’That’s better then what Ijs said to Kat and I earlier,’’ Thomas said with a smirk.

‘’Oh, God! Do not repeat what he said! I can’t believe he said that!’’ I exclaimed laughing as I tried to hide the fact that I was blushing. Thomas, easily noticing that I was blushing leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. I turned even redder.

‘’Thomas leave you’re embarrassing her,’’ Simone said with a laugh.

‘’I know!”

‘’I’m going to kick your ass when we get back home,’’ I declared.

‘’Why not just do that now?’’ Sean asked grinning. I just shook my head laughing.

‘’Alright, let’s go get some sleep,’’ Roy said finally. I was grateful for him speaking up finally.

‘’Kat, where is Sera?’’ Roy asked quietly.

‘’She went to sleep,’’ I replied. The king just nodded. I let out an audible yawn unable to keep it in any longer. Thomas who still had a hold of my hand started to walk down the hall. I followed behind him. He stopped at the end of the hall and opened the doorway. I was too tired to pay attention to details, all I know was I flopped down on the bed as soon as Thomas shut the door. As he lay down beside me, Thomas wrapped his arms around me pulling me close to him.

''So what do you think of Roy,'' Thomas asked quietly.

''He's great. Reminds me of you,'' I said smiling though I knew Thomas couldn't see it.

''What about Ijs?''

''Well, I can definitely tell you're brother and sister. And I mean that in a good way.''

''Thanks,'' I mumbled yawning. Thomas pulled me even closer to him.

‘’Good night, Kat,’’ he whispered.

‘’Good night Thomas…’’ I whispered back before letting myself slip into sleep.

I stood before a heavy, iron door. It was dark out, but I could still see somewhat being as my eyes were well adjusted to the darkness. I could make out some sort of design, or crest. I looked closer at the detail, the crest had two tribal eagle heads back to back intertwining with each other, and a cobra rising out of it. I recognized it immediately when I saw the snake. Lord Mephisto's crest...

A chill went down my spine when I realized it. I suddenly wanted to turn and run fearing what was on the other side of the door, but something was also telling me to go inside. I jumped hearing a noise behind me. I spun around only to come face to face with a horse. A very, very big black horse. My eyes widened seeing the size of it and I backed up slowly before running into the door.

I turned around again so I was facing the door. Reluctantly I pulled open the door and walked inside. I instantly was swallowed by bright light that made my eyes burn. I kept my eyes covered until my eyes adjusted. I looked up to see I was in some sort of lab and there was someone standing in front of me.

The person was tall, dressed in black, and had long, dark hair that fell past their shoulders. The door shut with a loud slam causing me to jump. The person spun around, shocked to see me. He had icy blue eyes, and light skin. I recognized him instantly. It was the guy from all the other dreams. His voice was all too familiar. I now knew It was lord Mephisto himself. I backed up in fear.

''Who are you,'' he questioned in a menacing voice. I couldn't speak, I didn't dare speak. Instead, I gazed down at another man who's eyes were also upon me. I looked behind him seeing various things.

''Answer me!"

''You- you're build a...''

''Yes, and now, because you have some how managed to stumble your way into my lab, I cannot possibly let you live...'' he said as he walked toward me. I turned, yanked open the door and ran. I ran, and ran, and ran until I couldn't anymore. I dropped to the ground in front of me.


''Kat.''

My lungs were burning. I was well in the trees, but it would still be easy to find me. I could hear horse hooves in the distant.

''Kat!'' I jumped up only to crash into Thomas.

''Kat what's wrong?'' Thomas asked holding onto my shoulders. I was so out of breath I couldn't quite speak.

''Mephisto! He's... building... a weapon like you guys thought. I saw it!''

''It was just a dream Kat,'' Thomas said, trying to convince himself that it really was a dream.

''No, Thomas that was way too real, and I’ve had a dream with Mephisto before, but they were always at the castle, never at the lab like this one was.’’

‘’Why didn’t you tell me about this before,’’ he asked getting up.

‘’I didn’t know who it was! Most of the other dreams, I had never seen his face. In this one he was looking right at me, in the light. There was another man too… I don’t know who he was… but Mephisto said he was going to kill me,’’ I explained frantically. I was still scared, on the verge of tears even. Thomas came over and sat beside me. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and pulled me close to him.

‘’It’ll be alright,’’ he said trying to comfort me. I looked up at him, unsure.

‘’It will. Trust me, I won’t let anyone hurt you,’’ he said before kissing me. I smiled lightly and kissed him back.

‘’Go back to sleep. I’m going to talk to Roy.’’ Thomas said, getting up again. I grabbed his arm.

‘’I’m coming with you, I’m the one that had the dream in the first place.’’ I said walking to the door. Thomas came up beside me and wrapped his arm around me so we were walking side by side. I followed Thomas up to Roy’s study. Thomas knocked on the door, and it opened almost immediately. I was surprised Roy was still up.

‘’Roy, I think we’re right about Mephisto.’’ Thomas said walking through the door, pulling me with him.

‘’What makes you say tha-‘’

‘’I had a dream with Mephisto in it, well, actually a few, but this last one was at the lab. He has someone building something. I saw it, and the dream was too real to ignore,’’ I said cutting the Roy off.

‘’Roy, you know the kind of power he possesses.’’

‘’I do,’’ Roy stated bluntly.

‘’What power? Power as king?’’ I asked confused .

‘’No, not that kind of power,’’ Roy said turning to me.

‘’It’s… something else. Mephisto, especially back in school has always had strange things happening around him. Things that weren’t pranks,’’ Roy said glancing at Thomas. Thomas just smiled.

‘’Things, like desks and such, would turn into something completely different,’’ Roy explained. I just nodded, slightly understanding.

‘’I wouldn’t doubt the fact that Mephisto can some how put himself into your dreams. That seems to be the case. Your dream, what you saw, he’s sending that as a warning,’’ Thomas explained more.

‘’He is building a weapon, I can feel it,’’ I heard a familiar voice say from the hall. I jumped, still a bit shaky from my dream. I turned as Oliver appeared from the hall with Casey, Simone, and Sean behind him.

‘’We’re all thinking the same thing then,’’ Roy replied looking into the dim fire.

‘’We’re not for sure though, but we definitely need to find out.’’ Simone said, speaking up.

‘’If he is, it’s only a matter of time before he uses it.’’

‘’What would he be building a weapon for though,’’ I questioned looking at the three kings and queen.

‘’To overthrow the rest of us,’’ Casey stated simply.

‘’To rule the world…’’
♠ ♠ ♠
O_O

MAJOR CLIFF HANGER.
No this isn't the last chapter of RTW I don't think... Kylee and I have to talk about it. :)

Also, I have written the first chapter of like... four for Drown the Demon which is told from Mephisto's point of view and it's kind of like a back story, but not exactly.

I will start posting I think... as soon as we get officially introduced to Mephisto. I thought he'd be officially introduced in this one, but I saw the perfect ending and went for it. And plus, this chapter was getting long. You guys like long chapters though. Lots of holy shit moments to come! We promise.

And before I forget, Mephisto's Crest

Special thanks to all you commenters, subscribers and readers!