Sequel: Cruel Fate
Status: COMPLETE :D Read Sequel!!

Dependent on Life.

School and the drama it brings.

I looked at myself in the mirror, I was pretty pleased with what I was wearing considering I went through all of my bags to find this outfit. I put my phone into my pocket and swung my bag over my shoulder walking down the stairs where dad stood, a smile forming across his lips as he gave an approving nod I sat down at the table and ate my bowl of cereal and drunk my cup of orange juice.

‘First day at school huh short stuff?’ Uncle Zack chuckled when I jumped at the sound of his voice, I nodded in reply and he placed a hand out my shoulder and looked me in the eyes. ‘Honey don’t be nervous I’m sure people will love you! Remember don’t be something you’re not okay. Have a good day I will see you tonight!’ He kissed my forehead and left the house.

I was a little nervous after that because I got to thinking what if the kids didn’t like me? What if they thought I was weirdo or something? I just hope I will make at least one friend.

After getting hugs from everyone at home and encouraging pep talks I didn’t feel nervous as I sat in the front seat listening to my music that was blaring through my head phones, Dad kept giving me a worried look each time he would stop the car but I tried to brush it off and focus on the paths he was taking me.

‘You know you, don’t have to do this if you don’t want to Jasmine.’ Jimmy smiled weakly.
‘Now what kind of person would I be if I didn’t try new things? I’d be a coward, a deprived child and I quite frankly don’t want to be deprived so I’m going to stick it out even if that means pushing myself until the end dad.’ I smiled bravely at him and his smile was now real as he parked the car.

‘I’m proud of you, you know that? Even though you were really nervous about coming to school you are sticking it out and now look at you! Makes me want to cry at how much of a woman you are already!’ Jimmy sighed.
‘You’re making it sounds as if I’m going off to college..’
‘Oh God you’re going to college too?’ He fake cried and lightly punched his arm as we both laughed. ‘Come on baby girl let me walk you inside.’ I nodded as we approached the school normally you’d think I’d be embarrassed that my father was walking into school but I was far from embarrassed but I did earn a few stares from people as I walked past.

I reached the office and dad pulled me into his arms squeezing tightly. ‘Call me if at any time you want to come home and I will back here before you could say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious eight times okay baby girl, be yourself! Don’t let anyone push you around! I love you.’ He pressed a soft kiss to my forehead before giving me a soft nudge to the doors, I looked back and gave him a thumbs up before turning away and walking into someone I fell to the floor and hit my head, this person just laughed and I was about to swear at them for laughing at me but stopped when I saw Lucas standing before me.

‘You know you were always so clumsy Mae.’ His voice teased, I jumped up from the floor and into his arms. ‘Someone’s happy to see me..’
‘Of course I’m happy to see you Lucas!’ I squeezed him even harder because of how happy I was.
‘What are you doing here anyway?’ He raised an eyebrow.
‘To go to school of course!’

‘You’re the girl I get to show around! This day just keeps getting better! Come on I have your schedule we have double English first.’ Lucas pulled me through the school and pushed his way past people earning rude words and a lot of people flipping the bird at us, I looked around high was so much different to what they made it out to be in movies.

Everyone had their own style, Lucas told me all the clicks there were around here, the Goths, the metal heads, the stoners, the cheerleaders, the jocks, the gym junkies, the nerds, wannabe barbies, the poets and last but not least as he liked to call it “Le Mixture.” Meaning that there was at least one person from each click except the jocks and the cheerleaders.

***

English had gone by fast along with the other two classes I had with Lucas and it was now lunch, I couldn’t find Lucas anywhere and was getting stares from the people that walked passed me. I decided to go to the bathroom to see how I looked I swung up the door and it smelled badly of smoke and other things that put my stomach off, I pushed the feeling of vomit aside and looked into the mirror, I fixed my hair as it sat against my clothes and I smiled feeling very satisfied with how I looked.

Then two girls walked in and gave me a look of disgust. I knew exactly who they were though. Cheerleaders.

‘Hey look it’s Lucas’s new meat, wonder how long she will last before he feeds her to the dogs huh?’ The blond said.
‘Not long, after this is Lucas we are talking about he will get tired of you after a week honey then ditch you all together.’ The red head laughed and pushed her way passed me I hung my head not once could I go without drama.

‘Oh and honey, wearing baggy clothes is not in.’ The blond teased touched my jacket I simply pushed her off of me and she growled putting her hand around my throat. ‘Touch me again and you won’t live to see another day.’
‘Leave her Amie I’m sure she has other this to do like suck Lucas off or something.’ The red hair laughed devilishly and I ran out of the bath room into someone well more like a group of guys. I knew where this was going, they were the Jocks and Jocks always were looking for new meat to pick on.

‘Well if it isn’t the new girl..what’s your name sweetheart?’ A guy said pushing his body up against me, I pushed with forced and kicked him in the balls not caring of what people thought.
‘Go. To. Hell.’ I said through gritted teeth but he got up quickly and did exactly what that girl Amie did to me this time I could barely breath. I heard footsteps come running up to me and an all too familiar voice.

‘Xavier let her fucking go you cock sucker.’ Lucas pulled the guys hand from my neck and I dropped to the floor, it’s not like getting strangled and thrown up against walls was new to me but it had been a while since I had something like this happen, I had become so used to it that I stood and brushed myself off and walked off into the direction of the cafeteria. Lucas right behind me and calling out my name and he pulled me to a stop by wrapping his arms around me and lifting me up I didn’t fight it knowing what he was going to do.

‘You alright? Did he hurt you?’ Lucas ran a hand threw my hair as I sat at an empty picnic table.
‘I’m fine don’t worry, I could have handled him myself you know.’ I tried making him worry less but failed when he frowned.
‘Yeah because you were doing such a great job when I was there huh?’
‘He was just trying to live up to his Jock reputation and pick on new meat, but as you know I won’t fucking let these idiots push me around.’ I smiled proudly.

‘Hm. If I see him near you again I’m going to knock out him and his friends too.’ Lucas said proudly stick his chest of making me laugh and do my choke that he knew all too well, he brought his hand to my each side of my face. ‘Sweety I’m so sorry that your first day wasn’t what you wanted it to be, but it ain’t easy here these assholes worry too much about now and cling on to what they have when really none of it will matter once high school is over, but don’t worry I will be here to protect you Mae.’
‘You so sweet to me, do I honestly deserve your kindness Lucas?’
‘Yes, you deserve more than my kindness, you deserve the whole worlds kindness, happiness, love.’

‘Life just isn’t that easy.’ I stated giving a small smile. Lucas sighed knowing I was right and when back to eating we talked about what had been happening since I had left the house, he told me Mandy had got him a phone so now he could call me and text me and I told him about Jimmy, Matt and the others. But I didn’t tell him about the pier accident and I knew it was only a matter of time before he found out.

The last bell soon came and I rushed outside the school doors towards Uncle Johnny’s car, dad texted me and told me he had things to do so he got uncle Johnny to pick me up.

‘So how was your first day sweetie?’ Uncle Johnny broke the silence.
‘Horrible. Good but horrible.’ I shrugged and he urged me to go on but I said I’d explain it when we were having dinner so I didn’t have to keep repeating myself.
‘Okay tonight we are having tacos!’
‘Awesome! I love tacos.’ I smiled widely. The rest of the way home we were just talking about nothing in particular when we pulled into the drive way I saw a car that was unfamiliar to me but Johnny knew it all too well telling me to stay in the car but I didn’t listening running inside to see Val strangling a woman I recognized as...
♠ ♠ ♠
cliff hanger ;D

Sorry for not updating sooner!
Thanks to those who commented!
Thanks to you reading this! your amazing!
<3

Sarah-Elizabeth x