Sequel: This Ends Now.
Status: Sequel is coming your way soon :D

Forever Hold My Heart

Shall we break up

A few minutes after Nate had left I texted him, he responded pretty quickly. I didn’t mind texting him, he was keeping me company after all. My day was getting a lot better.
I was in the backroom getting another box when I heard laughing coming from the store. I walked back out and I saw Cecilia, Gavin, and some other boy I didn't recognize. Gavin came over and hugged me.
“Wow, I wasn’t expecting this,” I said with a smile.
“Don’t worry about it, once Cecilia told me that you were working here I made plans to come as soon as possible.” Gavin said.
“So sorry I barely texted you last night, Marcus had just given me your number.” I said
“Oh well I’m just happy that you went out your way to get my number,” Gavin said
“But I thought you gave them your number,” I said a bit confused
“Nope,” Gavin said and I furrowed my eyebrows
“Anyways, so how long are you going to stay?” I asked
“Well we just came to hang out and I thought I’d say hi while I was at it,” Gavin said
“Oh,” I said feeling stupid. “Wait who came here with you guys.”
“Damien and some other Custos,” Gavin said shrugging his shoulders
“Hey Gavin come here,” Cecilia called him over.
“Be right back.” Gavin said as he walked over.
I was left dumbfounded, what the hell was going on where was my caring best friend. The one who always wanted to hang out with me no matter what the circumstances were. Whatever, and I thought we were dating, which I think is stupid if you ask me. I was pissed, but then again my emotions from this morning never quite went away.
“Katelyn!” I looked at the entrance. I saw Damien walked in with a couple of bags followed by Blake. My face lit up as I ran and jumped on Blake. When I jumped down I pulled my arm back and punched him in the stomach.
“If that’s how you’re going to greet me to I’ll pass,” Damien said
“That’s what you get for leaving me without saying goodbye,” I said and Blake just coughed.
“I’m sorry,” Blake said composing himself
“So how have you guys been?” I asked as we walked back to the counter.
“We’ve been fine,” Damien said
“Too fine,” Blake said
“What’s that suppose to mean?” I asked
“There’s no action,” Blake started, “I mean in camp we were always being prepared for all these ‘surprise’ attacks and now nothing.”
“The only exciting thing is Blake and his royal have moved in where I’m at.” Damien said
“Really that’s cool, and as for action, I think you guys should just pray things stay the way they are,” I said
“Oh yeah we heard,” Blake said pulling out his copy of the book.
“So from your own experience how bad is it really out there,” Damien asked
“Honestly it sounds like a whole bunch of them. I was telling Marcus that something needs to be done.” I said
“Well did he say what the plan was?” Blake asked
“He said they were planning on setting out teams during daylight, I don’t know if that’s already been set out in action though, “ I said
“You think they’ll put us in action,” Blake asked
“I doubt it,” Damien said
“What about you Katelyn?” Blake asked
“I don’t know I mean they did send me out that one night. Yet Travis was saying that he didn’t think so.” I said and we all looked at Cecilia, Gavin, and the other boy. They were
too busy laughing.
“Do they know?” I asked
“Yes, most of the time I find out because of Cecilia,” Damien said
“How does she even find out?” I asked
“Her dad tells her everything.” Damien said
“So Gavin and Cecilia are pretty close huh?” I asked
“Yeah, Cecilia was pretty bored before Gavin came around,” Damien said and I just stared at them. The way he would slightly grab her hand and how he lit up around her.
“What’s going on in that head of yours?” Blake asked, “Julian told me about the interview video.”
“Word still gets around fast,” I said
“Well we did bump into him, before we came here.” Damien said
“I don’t know, its just, I feel like my whole life before I came here was just, I don’t know.” I said and I gave Blake the sign to get closer and I whispered. “I was thinking about breaking up with Gavin.”
“Really?” Damien said
“He talks about you a lot,” Blake said
“He does?” I asked
“Yeah, Cecilia gets sick of hearing your name, and sometimes so do we.” Damien said
“Gee thanks,” I said sarcastically
“Yeah it’s like he’s so into you,” Blake said
“But just look at the way he looks at Cecilia,” I said and we were all staring. “We are being way too obvious.”
“I don’t see it,” Blake said and I just leaned my head on the palm of my hands.
“I don’t know, see now you’ve guys have just confused me even more,” I said
“Hey, we were just telling you what we know.” Blake said
“Hey Katelyn, before I forget,” Gavin said walking over. Blake just gave me a smile, I felt like I could punch him again. He grabbed one of the bags from Damien and pulled out a present and handed it to me.
“Oh,” I said taking the present
“Consider it part of your early birthday present,” Gavin said
“Thank you,” I said putting the present down on the counter.
“You can open it,” Gavin said slightly pushing the box closer to me. I opened the gift and pulled out a pair of shoes.
“You remembered,” I laughed
“How could I forget it took me awhile to find them but when I did I just knew.” Gavin said and I gave him a hug. Gavin started to lean in and I felt myself lean back a little but he stole a kiss anyways. He pulled away slightly.
“I’ll see you later,” Gavin said and he walked away. I watched as he walked away with Cecilia and the other boy. Blake wrapped an arm around my shoulder and whispered in my ear.
“Still want to break up with him.”
I looked up at him and glared.
“If you don’t leave I’m about to break you.” I said and Blake just laughed as he messed up my hair and hurried off. Why me?

The rest of the day went by slow I was waiting for Travis to come but he never did. I tried on my shoes and they fit beautifully, talk about feeling guilty.
We had started closing up the whole mall.
“Hey ask Travis if its okay if we stop for the store for some snacks,” Julian said
“Okay hold on,” I said as I dialed and it went straight to voicemail, “He’s not answering.”
“No! Help me!” I heard somebody screaming. I looked up at the guys with wide eyes and started running. I started seeing images and I could hear gunshots. I couldn’t tell if I was hearing them or if the Royal was. I pulled out my gun as I jumped over the fence to a royals house. I felt a sharp pain from my thigh. When I reached the door it was open. I tried to stop myself from just recklessly running in but I couldn't. I ran up the stairs and into the hallway, I could see the royal sitting against the wall crying. I started running towards the royal when someone in a cloaked hood jumped out from one of the further doors with two guns in her hand. It all happened in slow motion. I put my hands up but before I knew it I was on the floor. I saw a bullet hit me in my head. I started to feel really weak.
“Hi Katelyn,” Travis barely whispered. I stared at him wide eyed as I realized he had shielded me from the shots with his body. I was just about to get up when I heard more shots. I turned back and saw the guys they had shot the latronum. I tried to get up but I had no more energy.
“Travis, I’m so cold,” I said as I felt my world spinning. I felt someone pick me up as I was in and out of consciousness. I suddenly regained all my energy and realized that Julian was carrying me and I was holding the royals hand except she was dead. A bullet had hit her on her forehead. I jumped out of his arms and ran back to Travis. He had been hit in the back 4 times.
“Okay, everything is going to be okay.” I said to Travis and I started dialing Mathew. I could feel the tears. We heard footsteps coming in from down stairs. We all looked at each other. Jack and Landon aimed their guns towards the top of the stairwell. I let out a sigh when I saw Devin followed by two other guys. They immediately came over, Devin and one of the other guys took Travis with them. I walked over to the latronum. I pushed her over with my foot, she was still alive. As a matter of fact where she was shot, she was healing. I moved her hood back, I stepped away in shock.
I knew this face, I took dance classes with her. She had moved away my sophomore year though, her name was Daphne.
“She’s still alive,” I said
“Be careful, Katelyn,” Jack said as I kneeled down to see if she had any other possessions. I threw her guns and any ammunition she had. She had a device the size of a phone that had a blue dot and a blinking red dot on the screen. One of the guys came over and injected her with something.
“What’d you do?” I asked
“It’s just so she won’t wake up while we take her down to a cell.” He said
“I know her though,” I said and he paused.
“From where?” he said pulling out his book.
“I use to take dance classes with her but then she ‘moved’ and I never heard from her again,” I said
“Are you sure?” He asked
“Yeah, we were kind of really close,” I said and I furrowed my eyebrows. “I just don’t understand how or why.”
“We’ll figure it out,” He said
“She had this on her.” I said and I handed it to him.
“I’ve seen this before, its a tracking device.” He said
“So this Royal had a chip on them.” I asked
“Possibly,” He said and I took the coat off from Daphne and walked over to the royal to cover them. “Katelyn.”
“Yes?” I asked
“Keep walking down the hallway,” he said and I hesitated but did so anyways.
“What exactly am I walking towards?” I asked
“The chip wasn’t in the Royal, it’s in you,” He said and I didn’t know what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's this chapter. :) Don't know why I put a smiley face... So enjoy and I will put up the next part tomorrow? Maybe. Most likely.