Sequel: This Ends Now.
Status: Sequel is coming your way soon :D

Forever Hold My Heart

I guess I can't pack everything

I got up and did as I was told, I didn't really know how to take all of this. I didn't even know if I was taking any of this in. I knew I was leaving so did that mean no more school? I had to tell Gavin, but where would I begin to explain. How could I get him to understand if I barely understood any of it. I got my car keys none the less and left to his house. I reached into my pockets and remembered I still didn't have my phone on me. When I pulled up by the sidewalk I just sat in my car for a few minutes. I looked around maybe they were watching me. I brushed the thought off my shoulder and got out and walked to Gavin's front door. I hesitated but I rang the doorbell, Gavin's mom answered the door. Unlike Gavin she had auburn hair green-blue eyes and she had red freckles across her cheek. Despite their differences I would say that Gavin resembled his mother more than his father.
"Hello Katelyn, come on in," she said stepping aside.
"Hey is Gavin home," I asked
"More like when is he not," she joked and I smiled, "he's in his room."
I slowly walked to his room, I knocked on his door.
"Who is it?" I heard Gavin call.
"Katie," I said and I heard him frantically shuffling.
"Coming," he said and he opened the door, "Hi."
I laughed at him.
"Can I come in?" I asked and he moved aside. "What were you doing?"
"Nothing you just caught me at a bad time?" He questioned.
"Oh sorry I would of called I just don't know where my phone is at," I said and he immediately put his hands to my chin and lifted my face.
"What happened, did somebody do this to you?" he asked and he lightly brushed his finger over my bottom lip and I winced. I had completely forgotten about my lip.
"It's a long story," I said
"Well its Friday so we have all night," he said. I sat on his bed and he closed his door.
"I don't know what to say without sounding completely insane," I said looking down at my hands.
"Don't tell me you got back with," he paused and sat down next to me
"No, that would be good news compared to what I'm about to tell you." I said
"What is it then," he said taking my hand
"I'm not normal," I said, I didn't know how else to say it either.
"There is no such thing as normal," he smiled.
"No Gavin what I mean to say is I'm not your average human," I said
"I don't understand," he said.
"Neither do I," I said and I reached into my pockets and pulled out the necklace my mom gave to me. "This use to be my dad's."
I watched him as he looked at it, I could tell he was trying to read it.
"The writing on it means something about a guardian, I honestly forgot," I said and he handed it back to me. "In other words, I'm a guardian too."
He just looked and me and waited for me to continue.
"I'm leaving tomorrow, they're taking me away so I can 'fulfill' my purpose in life." I said looking down at necklace.
"Who's taking you, Katie I don't understand," he said
"I don't fully understand it either but they'll help me understand myself better," I said and I looked in his eyes.
"They can't take you and why are you being so compliant. Where are they going to take you?" he said putting his hands on my shoulder.
"I can't say anything more, for even now I think I've told you too much." I said, feeling the tears in my eyes. I felt Gavin embrace me into a hug.
"We need to tell the police, and what does your mom think about all this," he asked.
"No I suggested telling the police but she says this is no longer in their control, and she doesn't want me to go but I really don't have much of a choice." I said.
"You can't go," he barely whispered in my ear. I didn't have the heart anymore to reason with him so I just closed my eyes. He softly began to sing, "It hurts but I'm not about to give you up."
"Though broken my heart still beats it will not stop," I sang the other half of the verse.
"Will you stay the night?" he asked.
"I still need to finish packing," I said and he sighed and I pulled away. "Will you stay the night at my house."
"Yeah," he smiled and got up and quickly put some of his stuff in a bag. "I'm going to go get my toothbrush and stuff."
I put the necklace back in my pocket and laid back.
"I'm ready," he said and I got up. He told his mom he was staying at my house, and she just said bye to me.

The rest of the night Gavin and I just had a good time enjoying each other's company. After I packed almost all my clothes and half of my shoes; we just talked about old memories, sang our hearts out with my karaoke machine, and watched movies. We stayed up and didn't go to bed until 4 in the morning. My mom woke me up at 8 in the morning.
"Katie, they're going to be here at 9 you should start getting ready," she whispered and I slowly got up. I looked at Gavin he was deep asleep so I took this as my chance to shower. I grabbed the set of clothes that I had set aside. I took a nice hot shower, I wasn't really quite sure what to expect. All I knew was that I was going with these guys, who note to self are a bunch of violent assholes, and was going to meet some royals. When I got out I slipped into my blue dress and put my hair into a towel. I walked out into my room. I saw Gavin sprawled out on my bed, except his eyes were open.
"Good morning Sunshine," Gavin said and he sat up and stretched.
"We only got four hours of sleep and you still call me sunshine," I said and he smiled.
"Why the pretty blue dress," he asked
"I'm going to be meeting some important people," I said starting to put on some makeup, "and you know what I say about first impressions."
"Oh I'm going to take a quick shower okay," he said getting his stuff and I nodded. He had been to my house so many times so he had no problem with getting comfortable.
I looked in the mirror I was pleased with the outcome. I had put on liquid eyeliner, mascara, a hint of blush and red lipstick. I took the towel down and started to blow dry my hair, it was moments like these that I hated having really long hair. When I was done I turned on my curling iron, I reached over for my tights and started to slip them on. Gavin walked in and I quickly pulled down my dress.
"Sorry," he laughed and I just shook my head. As he walked by I punched his arm. "I said sorry."
"Hey I let you off easy," I said and started curling my hair. "What time is it?'
"It is 8:45," he said looking at his phone. "when are they going to get here."
"My mom said they'd be here at 9," I said.
"I can't believe your really leaving," he said sitting down on my bed.
"I know, I'll visit when they let me," I said working on my bangs.
"You better visit," he said and we heard the doorbell ring. We both looked at each other and I heard my mom answer the door.
"They're here," I stated the obvious and I started putting my make up in my bag and put it in my suitcase.
"I guess this is it, let me help you," he said grabbing three of my suitcases.
"Wait," I said and he put them down and looked at me. "Can you help me put on my necklace."
"Sure," he said taking the necklace from my hand and stood behind me as I lifted my hair. "Is this your way of stalling."
"Something like that," I said and gently turned me around.
"Katie I'm about to do something that I've always want to do and I'm scared if I don't do it right now I might not ever get to do it again," he said I looked up at him and he kept glancing at my lips. I knew exactly what was going to happen. "Please for-"
I cut him off by kissing him, he put his arms around my waist and pulled me in closer. He nibbled my lip just before he pulled away. I smiled up and him then started laughing.
"What?" he asked a little self conscious.
"I should be the one that's sorry," I said making him look in the mirror. His lips were red from my lipstick.
"Oh wow," he said trying to wipe it off. I reached into my makeup bag and reapplied some lipstick and gave him a baby wipe. I put it away and slipped on my blue heels and grabbed my coat.
"I think I'm ready now." I said and he picked up my suitcases again and we went downstairs. I saw Devin, Marcus and my favorite of them Mathew. Note the very thick sarcasm use in that sentence.
"Okay Caroline we're off now," Mathew said and the three of them got up. Mathew walked over to Gavin and took my things from him. Devin took the suitcase I was holding and Marcus was waiting for me. I hugged my mom tightly
"Be safe Katie, and I found this," she said handing me my phone and I could see the tears in her eyes.
"Please don't cry," I said and I hugged her again. I pulled away and I looked at Gavin. I hugged him and he whispered in my ear.
"I won't ever forget you." he said and when he said that I took off my class ring and gave it to him.
"This will help you remember me," I gave him a small smile and he put it on his pinky finger.
"We have to get going now." Marcus said and I walked away I looked back and glanced at the two most important people in my life. When I got in the car it was silent and Mathew drove off.
"You know the weather in Alius is warm," Marcus said eyeing up my coat and I just nodded. I wasn't in the mood I just wanted all of this to be over with but I knew it wasn't something you finish over night.
"When we get back you're going to have to change," Mathew said
"Why?" I asked
"Don't ask questions." he said and I just rolled my eyes. The car halted to a stop, talk about whip lash. Mathew turned so he was facing me. "let's clear things up between you and the rest of us okay. You will not be giving anybody attitude, you will not be rolling your eyes, you will not ask questions unless given permission, and just because you're a girl doesn't mean we're going to go easy on you."
I just stared him straight in the eyes, I wasn't scared of him. He stared back waiting for me to look away but I didn't.
"If we don't keep going we're going to be late," Devin said causing Mathew to break eye contact first and I smiled.
"Oh wait we have to go back I forgot something," I said tapping Mathew on his shoulder.
"You can buy a new one," he said
"No, I need my medicine I'm suppose to take one pill everyday and another for if I spasm out or something," I said as Mathew continued to drive.
"It's okay we're going to help you with that. Those pills are only slowing you down, so whenever you have an attack it's your body trying to make up for lost time." he said and I nodded my head. I reached into my pocket, I didn't dare pull out my phone.
"I have a question," I said
"Which is?" Devin asked
"What exactly is going to happen when we get there?" I asked
"We are going to run a series of tests to see where you are both physically and mentally," Devin said not even looking back at me.
"Oh is it going to be like an IQ test," I asked and Marcus just shook his head.
"No its to see how much you can push yourself mentally." Devin said looking back at Marcus.
"Okay, one last question," I said leaning back into my seat, "How long until we get there?"
"about half an hour," Mathew said and I decided that this would be a good time to squeeze in a thirty minute nap. I closed my eyes and before I knew it I had fallen asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup yup.....