Say It One More Time

Acting Like Children

The next few weeks passed by quickly, and slowly I began to talk to Ally’s friends more. It was on a strictly no touching, no being nosey basis, but it was a step in the right direction.
I know it probably seems like I’m being a bitch… But I really can’t help it…
Anyway, today is the day that mum and dad come over from England, I’m so excited!

I walked into my first lesson with a smile on my face, and made my way over to mine and Frank’s desk. I sat down, rested my hands on the back of my head, and started to daydream.

I was startled when Frank sat himself beside me, and waved his hand in front of my eyes.
“Oh hey” I blinked several times, adjusting my eyes back to reality.
“Who are you dreaming about, missy?” he winked at me, thinking he was about to be let in to some big gossip.
“I was thinking about how I get to see my parents tonight, Mr” I said, sticking my tongue out at him.
“Oh… That’s disappointing… I thought I was about to get some gossip…” he sighed, I hit him round the back of his head making him pout, “But I mean, I bet you’re excited that you’re gonna be living with them again? I’d hate to live away from my mom, it’s bad enough that dad doesn’t live with us anymore…”
“I really am! I think I’d hate for my parents to break up… It must be weird…”
“Well I don’t find it weird anymore, but yeah, it’s not the same”
Just then, Mr Carlton interrupted what was probably our most insightful conversation about each other to date. I was disappointed; I liked learning new things about people.

When it came to lunch, I could barely contain my excitement. Me and Frank skipped to the canteen, yes, skipped, it was fun!
“Heyy Gee!” I smiled as I approached the table, he was the only one there for now.
“Wow… What’s up with you?” he laughed as I slid onto a seat.
“Get to see my mummy and daddy tonight!” I grinned speaking like a child.
“Woahh, are you saying that the girl with the heart of stone, actually has emotions?!” he smirked, earning himself a punch in the arm from me, “Ow! What was that for?!” he pouted.
“For being bitch, duh” Frank giggled standing up for me.
“Yeah! What he said!” I agreed, before high fiving him, and sticking two fingers up at Gee.
“Frank, you have been a bad influence on this young girl.” Gee retorted, wagging his finger in Franks face. All this did was make Frank try and bite it… I wonder about those two sometimes…

“So, anyway, did Ally tell you that we’re all coming round to yours tonight?” Gee asked me seriously, “WE GONNA HAVE A PARTAYY!” he burst out, suddenly very camp.
“Ermm… No?” she had told me nothing about this, talk about throwing my parents in at the deep end… They’ll probably just want to sleep when they get here…
“Uh oh! Run away Ally! You’re in trouble!” Frank squealed as Ally and Mikey came over to the table, arm in arm.
“Why?” she asked, her face looking as confused as Mikey’s.
“Cos you gon get yo ass beat down,” Gee replied sassily, “You kinda forgot to tell Rennie that we’re all coming round tonight” he explained when their faces turned even more confused.
“Ohh… Yeah… Hope you don’t mind Rennie?” she remembered.
“You’re lucky I'm in such a good mood today” I said to her, repeating my two-finger salute, only aimed at Ally, not Gee. Frank giggled the whole time like a child; it was quite funny, and kind of cute…
Sadly, lunch was over far too quickly and it was time for Biology with Frank and Mikey. For the whole way to the room, Frank talked and talked and talked, about what neither me nor Mikey knew.
“And I swear I saw a pink unicorn!” I heard him say.
Me and Mikey both burst out laughing, shutting Frank up.
“What?” he asked innocently, actually looking quite confused.
“Nothing Frankie dearest” Mikey cooed, and so Frank continued, causing us to laugh non-stop.
For once I was actually glad for the teacher to arrive, as it meant I actually had chance to breathe again, I think Mikey agreed as I noticed him pulling out his inhaler.
“Look what you’ve done now Frank!” I whispered to him, pointing in Mikey’s direction
“Oops… Sorry Mikey” he whispered.
“You three at the back?! Can I have your attention please?!” the teacher shouted at us, the whole class turned to look, finding the incident quite fascinating… I fought back a smile, as did the others and actually started to listen to the lesson.