Say It One More Time

Reunited

We all walked home together, seeing as everyone was coming round to Ally’s anyway.
It was the funniest walk home that I’ve ever had, Frank jumped on Gee’s back, and insisted that Ray jumped on Bob so they could race… Which they did…
Mikey and Ally walked hand in hand behind everyone, leaving me and Iris laughing together.

Bob decided that it would be funny to start ramming Frank and Gee, or playing bumper cars as he called it…
Obviously, this only resulted in four teenage boys in a pile on the floor…
“What the fuck happened here?” Mikey asked as he and Ally caught up with us, looking down at his friends in despair.
From somewhere at the bottom of the pile I made out Bob laughing, “Haven’t you ever played double-decker bumper cars before?!” he managed to say at a just about loud enough volume for us to hear.

By this point, me and Iris were laughing so much that it hurt. I couldn’t take anymore and just collapsed on the floor. It was easier to laugh down here.
“Shit, you ok Rennie?” Frank giggled as he broke free from the pile. Unfortunately I was still laughing so much that I couldn’t respond with words, instead I just nodded my head and made a weird seal like noise…
This only made everyone else laugh even more, even Mikey and Ally were joining in now; we must have looked like escaped mental patients to anyone who drove past us… I did notice an old man sneer at us as he passed on the other side of the road.

Eventually we managed to come around and get ourselves up off the floor, and continued on our way back home.
As I was walking along, I swear I kept hearing someone saying ‘Panda’ in my ear… But it was so quiet I just ignored it, that is until I heard Gee giggling.
“Do you have a problem, Gerard Way?” I turned round and asked him in a stern tone.
He giggled again before saying, “Your make up ran… Panda!” and then running away…
“Oh shit!” I cried taking my mirror out of my bag, it turns out that it wasn’t as bad as he was making it out to be, but I guess he is very overdramatic…

Soon enough, we reached the house and I let us all in, barely able to contain my excitement.
As soon as I saw the suitcases in the hallway I ran around the house screaming “Mummy! Daddy!”
I eventually found them in the kitchen, making a pot of tea and a pot of coffee.
I ran up to them hugging them both at the same time.
“Hey there baby girl!” dad grinned, and I swear mum was crying a little bit “How have you been? James said you’ve settled in well?”
“Yeah, I think I have” I grinned back, “I was nervous at first…”
“Yeah just a bit..!” Bob shouted, interrupted our conversation. I turned around and stuck my tongue out at him, while he just laughed.

“So, are you going to introduce us to this lot?” Mum asked, evidently happy about the number of teenagers in the house.
“Yeah, that was Bob who just shouted,”
“Hey man” he said, now calmer.
“Ray’s over there with the afro, and is stood with Mikey, who is now Ally’s boyfriend” this resulted in a wolf whistle from Gerard, “That’s Gerard, or Gee” I laughed as Mikey turned red “Hey, nice to meet you, Rennie’s parents” he said, oh so smoothly.
“Iris is hiding somewhere with Ally, so that just leaves Frank here,” I said, gesturing to him.
“Hi, it’s nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Harrison” he smiled politely.
“You’re such a dork Frankie!” Gee teased him,
“Hey I was just being polite, unlike you!” they started arguing…

“So yeah… That’s them” I said to mum and dad who just looked amused.
“They seem nice” mum smiled at me, before hugging me again.
“I’ve missed you so much” I said as mum didn’t let me go.
“So, you know that we’re staying here for as long as we need to find somewhere of our own?” Dad cut in
“Yeah, James said this morning”

“So, how’s school going then? Obviously you’ve made a few friends?” mum asked, this was going to be a long catch up.
“Yeah, it’s good, it’s weird, and they have a school song! That’s just not normal!” I laughed as Ray shouted “It’s gay! In a completely non-homophobic way!”
“A school song? Really?” dad laughed.
“So you’ve had no trouble then?” mum asked seriously,
“Not really no”
“Ha! Liar!” Frank said “She became our bodyguard” he beamed, “There’s this di- Not very nice guy, who likes to hurt us, but she’s stronger than him and protects us” he said with a huge grin on his face.
I shrugged “Learning to fight obviously had more positive effects than I thought it would…”
“You haven’t gotten in any trouble though have you? I’d hate for you to be kicked out” mum was in serious mode now.
“No, I didn’t hit him, I blocked a few hits, then ‘chopped’ his shoulder so he’d drop Frank, but that’s all” I reassured her.
“Well, I’m glad you’re happy” dad smiled at me just before Laura announced that our tea was ready.
“Sorry it’s only pizza, but when you have an army to feed, it’s the easiest thing to do” she apologised to my parents.
“Pizza’s good, honestly, I’m just glad to get some food in me!” Dad said, halfway through a bite.

“You’re parents seem cool” Frank whispered to me while we ate, seeing as he was next to me, “I can see why you were so excited”
“Yeah man!” I replied grinning, showing all my teeth.
“Oh… That’s so attractive Rennie…” he said to me, “you realise that you have pizza in your teeth right?”
“Oh well, it’s yummy!” I grinned even wider, before deciding that I was too hungry to mess around anymore.

After a long night of catching up with my parents, and them getting to know a bit more about everyone here, the guys left to go back to their respective homes.

“Well… I’m tired… I’m gonna go to bed now” I announced.
“Goodnight baby girl” dad said hugging me.
“Nighty night”
“Night sweetie” mum said, taking her turn to hug me.
“Night everyone” I said and then went upstairs climbing into bed, still fully clothed, and falling asleep immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)