Say It One More Time

Love birds?

I swear I slept like a log that night; I didn’t wake up until my mum came in shouting about someone being here for me.
I looked at the clock and saw that I had slept in… It was 7:30…
I realised that I would have no time for washing my hair this morning, so I just brushed it through and stuck it up in a ponytail. I quickly pulled on my uniform and lined my eyes with eyeliner.
I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs, hoping that mum might have made me some tea, and all the time, wondering who was here.

“Erghh… Morning…” I mumbled as I walked into the kitchen.
“Wow… When your mum said you weren’t a morning person, I wasn’t expecting a full on zombie!” I heard Frank’s voice laughing. My response was a simple grunt. Until I had a cup of tea, I wouldn’t wake up.
“Here you go sweetie, I made you some breakfast, and tea, you’ll have to be quick though” mum said handing me a slice of toast and a mug of tea,” I smiled at her before gulping down my tea and eating my toast.
“Frank was just saying that you probably don’t know your way from this house, so he came round to show you” mum explained his presence.
“That’s a good point…” I realised that he was right, while he sat smiling, looking very proud of himself, “But I really hope you’ve not had to go out your way to get here…” I remembered that I have no idea where he lives.
“Nope, I actually live just round the corner, we’re practically neighbours!” he was still smiling, but it made me feel better that he hadn’t walked for miles.
“Well, I suppose we better get going before we’re late,” I said, “Thanks for breakfast mum” Frank giggled, presumably at me saying ‘mum’.
“No problem, have a good day” she smiled, it felt very ‘happy families’ but I can’t complain.
“Bye, Mrs Harrison” Frank said politely as he stood up.
“Seriously, call me Paula” she laughed, before shooing us out of the door.

“Well, you are quite the gentleman” I said to Frank, in my poshest English accent, as we started walking.
“Well, you are quite the zombie in the morning” he replied, trying to mimic me. I stuck my tongue out at him.
“So, I guess you slept well then?” he laughed, pointing out that I overslept.
“Yeah… I guess I missed my bed more than I realised, it honestly felt so good to be back in it!” he laughed, understanding my point, no bed can ever beat your own bed.
“You up for coming to mine tonight then? I think the guys said they wanted to practice today” he asked, and honestly, he looked kind of nervous when he did, it was cute.
“Yeah sure, why not?” I smiled, instantly making him smile too.
“Tell me about your band then” I asked.
“Well… We’re called My Chemical Romance, don’t ask, it was all Mikey’s doing,”
“I like it” I told him truthfully,
“Fair enough, but yeah, Gee sings, me and Ray play guitar, Mikey’s on bass, and Bob’s the drummer”
“I really can’t imagine Gee singing…”
“Neither could I at first, but then when I heard him, I couldn’t imagine us having anyone else… His voice just hooks you” Frank looked so passionate when he talked about the band, you could see it in his eyes that he loved it.

“Here come the lovebirds!” I heard Gee shout in a camp voice as we approached the school, I lived closer now than I did before.
“Shut the fuck up gay boy!” Frank shouted back laughing slightly; deciding that I should retaliate in some way too, I stuck up my fingers and stuck out my tongue.

Ally ran over to me after hearing Gee and Frank, and pulled me to one side.
“Oh my god, tell me everything!” she practically squealed
“Tell you everything about what?” I asked, completely confused.
“You and Frank!” she squealed again.
“Ok, seriously, I have no idea what you’re on about, he just thought I might need someone to show me the way to school from my new house, seeing as I don’t know Jersey”
“That is so boring…”
“Ally, you know I can’t do anything more than friends right now, whether I wanted more or not…”
“Sorry, I forget sometimes…”

“Awww! Frankie! I think Rennie’s moved on to Ally now!” Gee’s voice broke through any tension that might have been there.
I turned around, shooting a death glare at Gee.
“That is disgusting Gee. You realise we’re related, right?” I asked him
“Oh yeah… I forgot about that…” He said, looking like he was about to head off into his own world.

“Yeah… Anyway guys, we need to go in,” Ray broke the silence, and receiving a round of groans as we all headed to the doors.
“Hey! You realise we could be walking partners now!” Frank suddenly said as we were walking into our class, “No more walking on my own!” I think he was talking to himself more than me…
“What if I said no?” I smirked at him
“Well, I’ll just stand outside your house until you come out, then bug you for the whole way to school” he smirked back.
“Damn… You got me on that one…” he looked so proud of himself…
“So, walking partners then?” he asked, actually directed at me this time, and not himself.
“I suppose so,” I agreed, sighing, trying to make it look like I really didn’t want it.
“Yes!” he exclaimed, causing us to get dirty looks from most of the class.
“You’re an idiot” I said, shaking my head in despair, he pouted at me, giving me puppy dog eyes at the same time, making me feel really guilty… “But… I wouldn’t have you any other way,” I added, making him grin like the Cheshire Cat.
“You won’t mind if we go to mine for a few on the way home? I’ll want to get changed and get rid of my bag…” I thought I’d ask now, before I forgot; I did not want to stay in this uniform for any longer than I have to.
“Yeah sure, it’s on the way anyway” he agreed, I smiled at him, but before I could say anything else, the teacher walked in, interrupting us. I had a feeling it was gonna be a long day…