Say It One More Time

Coffee Obsessed

Just as planned, after school, me and Frank walked to mine together. I ran inside quickly to get changed, while Frank sat on the grass outside.
I chose to wear a denim skirt, fishnets, Docs, and a red tank top. I brushed my hair through and reapplied eyeliner quickly before tucking my phone into my skirt pocket and running back downstairs.

“Safe,” I said casually as I walked up to Frank as he eyed me up and down, “Take a photo bitch, it lasts longer” I smirked, catching him off guard.
“Umm, what? Huh?” he stammered.
“I know I’m damn sexy, but we have places to be” I laughed.
“Wow… You’ve been spending way too much time with Gee… Ha! Get it?! Way too much? Way?”
“I swear you get high off sugar…” I muttered to him, walking towards the pavement. He soon started to follow, only he wasn’t walking, he was skipping…
“Come and join me Rennieee!” he practically sang whilst turning round to beckon me to skip with him.
“What’s in it for me?” I asked
“Umm…” I made him stop for a minute, “PIZZA!” he said grinning.
“Hmm… Sounds good to me!” I ran to where he had been stood and began to skip with him.
Without even thinking, I stopped skipping and jumped on Franks back, making him give me a piggy back.
“Mush horsey!” I shouted until he gave in and ran.
Unfortunately, the downside to making guys give you a piggyback is that when have had enough/reached their destination, they don’t seem to be able to put you down nicely.
“Ooftt!” I suddenly hit the grass, landing on my back, noticing that Frank was stood over me, laughing.
“Bitch” I muttered, bringing myself into a sitting position whilst glaring at him.
“You love me really” he winked at me, still smiling that ridiculously big smile that I did actually love…
“Pfft, you wish” I retaliated sticking my tongue out at him, “Well aren’t you gonna help me up then?” I said still sat on the floor.
“But I thought you didn’t want any physic-“
“Oh just shut up and help me up before I drag you down here too” I interrupted him, knowing what he was going to say, but right now honestly not caring one bit.
At that, he grabbed my hand and pulled me up, leading me into what I assumed was his house.

“Mom! I’m home!” He shouted as we walked through the door. He headed straight to the kitchen, where he found his mum sat at the table with a mug of coffee.
I shyly followed him into the room, constantly looking at my feet.
“Hey Frankie” She smiled as she looked up, “Oh hey, you must be Lorena?” she asked as her eyes caught me.
“Uhh yeah, hi” I said quietly, giving a small smile.
“You can call me Linda, do you want a coffee? Frank, make us some more coffee” Frank rolled his eyes and went over to start making drinks.
“Oh, I don’t drink coffee; I’m more of a tea person…” Americans really seemed to love their coffee… And find it weird that I hate it…
“Oh, really? How unusual” she laughed, “It’s a good job we have some tea then, Frank get the tea out” she commanded him.
“It was my lesson to never send Frank to the shops without a list” she laughed, I laughed too, imagining Frank wandering aimlessly round a shop having no idea what he was there for.
“Wow… Just abuse me then mom” he mumbled as he poured hot water into each mug.
“Oh Frankie…” she laughed, “So Lorena, how are you finding it here in America?” she asked me.
“Well… Apart from everyone’s obsession with coffee, it’s not that much different, although it is a bit warmer…” She laughed in agreement.
“To be honest, I lived in England myself for a bit, and found everyone’s obsession with tea weird” I laughed.
“It’s true, us Brits love a good cuppa” I smiled, feeling more comfortable.
“Hehe, cuppa” Frank giggled, carrying over all three mugs in one go.
“You starting?” I confronted him.
“Erm… What?”
“I said, you starting blud?” Doing my best gangster impression “Yo wan’ me to pop a cap in yo ass?”
“Is that how everyone speaks in England..?” he sounded slightly scared…

“Some of them…” it is true, some people did actually speak like that… Linda was looking bemused at the two of us.
“Looks like you’ve met your match here Frankie” she laughed, I stuck my tongue out at him, while he sulked into his mug.

“Aww cheer up Frankie” I said patting him on the arm.
“Well, I’m going to watch TV now” Linda announced, leaving the room.

“Are people seriously like that?” he asked me.
“Yeah, why?”
“How the hell did you cope?” he seemed shocked.
“It’s not that hard, just keep yourself to yourself and you’re all good.” I shrugged, it worked most of the time.

“Do you mind me asking..? Did you learn how to fight because of people like that?”
“No… I never had problems with them…” I bit my lip nervously, dreading any further questions. Luckily just then I heard a knock on the door.
“So… Will that be the guys?”
“Yeah probably,” he sounded disappointed; maybe he thought he’d finally get it out of me.

“Rennieee!” Bob shouted as he ran into the kitchen.
“Hey guys!” I smiled as they all followed.
“Hey Rennie, he didn’t rape you did he? I told him not to” Gee winked at me.
“Fuck off” Frank retorted.
I stood up and walked out of the room, hoping to find the bathroom before anyone saw me cry.
“Hey where’d she go?” I heard one of them say.
“Well that was clever, you idiot…”

I found the bathroom and locked myself in, trying to recompose myself. It was easier said than done.