Say It One More Time

They Deserve To Know

“Hey! I’m back!” I shouted as I walked through the hall to the kitchen.
“Oh hey honey, did you have a good time?” mum asked, taking her gaze off the TV, to look at me.
“Yeah,” I smiled, “their band is amazing” I explained.
“Cool, wanna join me for a cuppa?” she offered, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to resist.
“Oh go on then, I’ll put the kettle on,” I said, walking into the kitchen.
I made us both a cup of tea and carried them through to the living room, setting them down onto the coffee table.
“What’s on?” I asked as I sat down.
“Dancing with the stars… TV out here is seriously crap…” she sighed. I laughed, curling up next to her on the sofa.
“Where’s dad?” I asked curiously, as I realised that I hadn’t seen him tonight.
“Oh he’s at work again…” mum replied sounding disappointed.
“Are you ok?” I asked her
“Yeah… He just always seems to be working now… It seems like I never see him…” she sighed, clearly upset. It made me feel bad, seeing as it was because of me that we’ve moved here and changed everything.
“I’m sorry…” I whispered
“What do you mean? It’s not your fault silly!” mum quietly laughed
“Well, it wouldn’t be like this if we hadn’t had to move… And we moved because of me…” I explained my logic.
“Look, don’t feel like you have to blame yourself, if we really hadn’t wanted it, we wouldn’t have suggested it in the first place.” She tried to reassure me.
“I suppose so…” I said defeated, before taking a big sip of my tea. The feeling of the hot liquid making me sigh.
Suddenly I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, making both me and mum jump.
Giggling I dug out my phone, to see a message from Mikey.
Dare I even ask what you said to Frank? He’s so angry! But won’t tell me why! :S I’M SO CONFUSED!!!

I frowned at the screen… I never thought it would affect him like this…

“What’s up?” mum asked, seeing my expression.
“I told Frank what happened when he was walking me home… He got really upset about it, started ranting about how he can’t understand why some men can do that stuff… And now, I guess he’s gone to see Mikey and Gerard… Mikey sent me a text asking why Frank’s so angry… He won’t tell them anything…” I sighed and took another sip.
“Do you want the others to know?” she asked me.
“Well… I suppose they deserve to know… Seeing as they’re my friends now…” I looked over at mum to see her with her ‘serious’ face on.
“Maybe you should go over there and tell them?” she suggested, “I’ll drive you down if you get the address”
“Yeah... Ok then” I grabbed my phone again and typed my reply to Mikey.
I’m coming over, then I’ll tell you. What’s your address, mum’s gonna drive me.

I waited only seconds before he replied with his address, I don’t think it was too far.
We both got up and ready to leave the house, and jumped into mum’s car.
She followed the sat nav, getting us there in minutes.
As we pulled up, I saw Mikey stood at the door, waiting.
“Hey Rennie! Mom said to invite your mom in too” he shouted as I opened the door.
I guess mum heard too as she started to get out of the car too.

We made our way to the house; as soon as I approached, I was directed into the living room by Mikey, to see Gee sat on the sofa, and Frank pacing angrily up and down the room.
“Hey guys,” I announced, seeing as they hadn’t noticed me enter.
“Rennie!” Frank smiled seeing me. “Sorry about this… I just needed to talk to someone… But I didn’t want to tell them in case you didn’t want them to know…” He rambled.
“Frank. Shut up.” I laughed at him, making Gee giggle in the girly way that he does. Frank looked at me confused.
“You don’t need to apologise, I appreciate that you didn’t just decide to them, but I wouldn’t have minded… They’re my friends now… They deserve to know,” I reassured him.
“Ok, seriously now, what’s going on?!” Mikey interrupted, with an extremely confused look, plastered on his face.
“You might want to sit down… It’s a long story… And not too nice…” I prepared him for what I had to say, and once again, began the difficult tale that always seemed to leave me crying slightly. I told them everything from Lynds moving away, to my revenge on Cayne. They all sat there quiet as I spoke, their mouths gaping at parts. Frank looked distressed to be hearing it all again.
Part of the way through, Gee and Mikey’s mum, Donna I think her name is, popped her head in to offer us some drinks, which we all gratefully accepted.
By the end of my story, Mikey looked angry, like Frank, and Gee sat silently. I guessed he was plotting something evil in his head; it was his way of making him feel better about things.
“Wow… I really was not expecting that…” Mikey mumbled, looking slightly awkward.
“That motherfucker…” Gee muttered, “I get why you were so angry now Frank… Seriously Rennie, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Frank so angry… Fuck… Sorry about what I said…” he apologised for the earlier incident.
“You don’t need to apologise, you didn’t know, and I know that before, I would’ve made those jokes too” I had to comfort him.
“I love what you did to his lawn though” Mikey laughed awkwardly.
“Yeah, that was pretty awesome…” Frank agreed, smiling slightly.
“But seriously guys, you don’t need to get so angry, he’s all the way in England, probably locked in his room by his mum, and I’m fine, slightly deranged maybe, but mostly fine” Frank laughed at the last part, seeing him smile made me happy, so I laughed with him.
“Dude, how can you just laugh?” Mikey asked, once again confused.
“If you don’t laugh, you cry, plus, I’ve had longer to get used to it than you” I told him.
“Yeah, I suppose… So are you gonna tell Ray, Bob and Iris?” he then asked. I hadn’t thought of that…
“Oh… I have no idea… I hadn’t thought that far ahead…”
“Well, we could tell them if you want?” he offered, “I mean, I guess Ally already knows, so she can help, right?”
“Yeah, she knows, you have no idea how much she told me off for not trusting you guys straight away” I laughed, remembering how much she wanted me to trust them, and at how much I thought I never would.
“Somehow I can really imagine Ally being like that…” Mikey laughed.
I noticed that Gee had hardly said anything.
“Hey Gee, are you ok?” I asked him.
“Huh? Oh, yeah… Just thinking…” he replied.
“About..?”
“How can a guy do that sort of thing…? I’m sorry, it’s just so wrong… And to you too! You’re so nice!”
“Hey! That’s what I said!” Frank argued, Gee just stuck his tongue out at him, causing Frank to flip him off…
“They are so childish…” I whispered to Mikey, he laughed agreeing with me.
“Try living with one…”
“Fair point… I feel sorry for you…” All this time, neither of them noticed us talking about them. It was quite funny actually.

Before anyone could say anything else, mum came into the room, followed by Donna.
“Hey guys, Rennie, are you ready to go? Your dad will be back soon.” She said.
“Oh yeah, sure.” I replied.
“Do you want a lift Frank?” she offered, knowing that he lived close.
“Well if you don’t mind” he answered.
“Of course not” mum smiled, before turning to go to the door.
“See you tomorrow guys” I smiled, waving at them.
“Byeeee!” Frank sang, running out of the house towards our car.
We’d soon dropped Frank off and were back home, finding that dad still wasn’t in. I could see that mum was disappointed, but still she insisted that I went to bed, seeing as I was so tired.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... I had to do an assignment on a celebrity... I chose Frank (obviously)... When I got my first submission back, my teacher had 'corrected' Frank's name to 'Frank Lero' every time he saw it... Oh dear...