Say It One More Time

Bowling!

Once I was home from school, I decided to get ready straight away. We weren’t meeting until 6 o’clock, but I felt the need to really make an effort; it’s been so long since I have.
I immediately jumped in the shower, letting the water cool me down. I was already starting to notice a difference in the weather. I haven’t found it too hot here since I’ve always liked things hot, but it’s still nice to cool down occasionally.
I allowed my thoughts to wander as I washed my hair. I can’t help but constantly notice Frank… Like he’s always there… Even if he isn’t actually physically there… There’s always something to remind me of him…
Well, I have to admit that I never expected this to happen to me…

I realised that I had spent probably too long in the shower, so I hopped out and grabbed my towel, wrapping it around me and running across to my room.
I probably spent about half an hour just stood in front of my wardrobe trying to work out what to wear. In the end I settled for a simple pair of shorts (that I have to admit, do flatter my figure quite nicely) and a red and black striped vest top. I completed my outfit with my red converse and plenty of bracelets and rings too.
I soon started on my hair, straightening it so it was poker straight. This took a while seeing as my hair is deceptively thick, as in, it doesn’t look thick, until you try straightening it…
I applied my usual eyeliner, then outlined it with red eye shadow to match my outfit and gave myself a quick spray of perfume.
I stood back to assess myself in the mirror. Satisfied, I grabbed my phone, sliding it into my pocket, and picked up my money, putting that in the other pocket.

I took one last quick look in my mirror and made my way downstairs to make myself a cup of tea while I waited.

“Hey baby girl” I heard dad call from the hallway, as he arrived home from work early.
“Oh hey dad, you’re home early aren’t you?” I asked him, seeing as the last few days I haven’t seen him at all due to work.
“I finally got let off yeah” he grinned, “I guess you’re going out dressed like that?” he asked me.
“Yeah, we’ve arranged to go bowling, I’ll be leaving in fifteen minutes” I explained to him.
“Well, I’m glad you’ve settled in well” he said ruffling my hair.
“Daaadd did you have to?” I moaned as I saw my now messy hair in the hallway mirror, trying to fix it again.
I heard him laughing as he went into the kitchen.
I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, taking it out I saw a message from Ally.
Hey, Gee said he’ll pick you up, he’s just got a car! We’ll be over in 5 x
I honestly don’t know whether to be worried about this…
I went through to the kitchen to finish my drink just as I heard a knock at the door.
“I guess that’s for me then” I commented giving dad a small hug before leaving the room once again.
“I won’t be back too late” I called through as I opened the door to Ally.
“Hey” she smiled, “Looking good” she then winked. I rolled my eyes and shouted bye to dad before shutting the door and following her to what was supposed to be a car. Let’s just say it was slightly beat up…

“Hey Gee, I thought you had a car” I smirked as I climbed into the passenger seat’ Mikey and Ally were curled up in the back, and I wasn’t about to go and join them.
“Shut the fuck up,” he laughed, “She’s beautiful” he stroked the dashboard lovingly.
“You do realised that it’s socially frowned upon to have relations with cars right?” I said stocking my tongue out at him. Mikey burst out laughing in the back, and Ally struggled to keep a laugh in.

“You are a cold hearted bitch Rennie, I hope you know that” Gee responded sassily, I could see a small smile playing at his lips.
“Anyway, to the matter in hand, talk about dressed to impress Ren, is there something you’re not telling us?” Gee now winked at me.
I could feel my cheeks warming.
“No, it’s just shorts…” I replied, hoping no one saw the redness that crept onto my cheeks.
“Hmm yeah ok” he said again in his camp accent, clearly not believing me. Did they really think that I may have slightly developed feelings for him..? Shit… If they know, maybe he knows… Oh god… That’s bad…

“We’re here!” Gee sang as he pulled up in the car park.
I jumped out of the car, glad to be back on safe ground. I think it’s safe to say that Gee is a slightly reckless driver…
“Oh thank god for that” I heard Mikey say as he climbed out. As soon as he was clear of the car he knelt down and kissed the ground, mocking his older brother.
This only lead to him being kicked in the back by Gee, causing him to lose his balance and fall over. It was an amusing sight.

We all entered the bowling alley to find that the others were all already there, getting their shoes sorted out. We headed over in their direction, taking the seats next to them.
“Hey guys!” Bob shouted, probably too loud, as a few surrounding people looked over in our direction.
“Hey, so you’re still alive then?” Frank laughed, commenting on Gee’s driving.
“Barely! Seriously, my life flashed before my eyes on several occasions…” I joked causing Frank to giggle.
“Can you believe this? I offer to pick her up and drive her here and all I get is abuse” Gee tutted whilst shaking his head.
“Come on guys, are you getting your shoes or are you just gonna argue all night? I took my shoes off and went up to the desk.
“Good evening, can I take your shoes for you?” The attendant asked as I approached.
“Yeah, can I have a size 3 please?” I asked, handing my shoes over the counter. He soon returned and I took them and went back to the seats to put them on.
“Aww size three? That’s tiny!” Frank cooed as I tied up my laces. I hit him round the back of his head as I stood up.
“Aww so are you, short shit” I winked at him before skipping over to our lane.
“Yeah well… You’re… You’re… Silly!” I heard Frank shout after me, failing to insult me back, this only caused me and everyone else to laugh hysterically.
I decided to take over typing the names in on the screen, solely so that I could put Frank’s name as ‘short shit’.
He looked over at me as I did it, so I winked and pressed enter. He looked kinda hurt, but soon grinned again… I have no idea what he was planning, but now I’m dreading it…
“Who’s hungry?!” Gee suddenly shouted, he received a chorus of replies, and soon realised that he’d struggle on his own.
“Come on short shit, you’re gonna help me” he winked.
“Seriously? Are you all gonna call me that now?” Frank whined. Bob sat grinning and nodding his head while everyone else just said a simple yes.
He groaned and stood up, going to join Gee at the food counter.
Tonight is gonna be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to VivaLaNimrod for the comments! I shall do another Frank's POV next, just for you :)