Say It One More Time

Airports

-~- 1 week later -~-

I’m on my way to the airport! Yay! Mum’s driving and Frankie decided that he wanted to come along too. We were sat in the back seats so that we could sit next to each other, but Frankie just kept falling asleep on me.
“Are we nearly there yet?” I asked mum for the hundredth time.
“I think we are,” she smiled back at me, glancing into the back briefly, “Is he asleep again?” she laughed as he let out a small snore.

“Yup, I dunno why he bothered coming if he’s gonna be asleep the whole time” I answered, laughing with her.
“Well to be fair it is late,” she was right, it was nearly one in the morning, “and he obviously wanted to come cos he knows how excited you are and wanted to be there for you”
“True… I guess I’m lucky really” I smiled to myself.

We were only driving for another five minutes or so before we reached the turnoff for the airport. I could feel the excitement growing in my stomach, it’s been so long!
“Hey,” I whispered in Frankie’s ear, trying to wake him up gently, “hey, Frankie,” I shook his shoulder, but he was well out of it. I snaked my arm around his waist deciding that being nice wasn’t working. I gently grabbed his waist before tickling him.

“Huh? Wha? Hey! Stop it!” he squealed as he realised what I was doing. I stopped on his request, smiling goofily at him. “What was that for?” he asked groggily, obviously still half asleep.
“Well I tried waking you up nicely but you didn’t respond…” I explained as he sat up and noticed where we were.

“Oh, we’re here? I didn’t realise I’d slept for so long”
“Oh yeah, you’ve been out of it for ages, like a log” he pouted as I likened him to a log, but soon stopped as we had parked up.
I quickly jumped out of the car, excited beyond belief; I could barely stand still.
I heard Frankie chuckling as he walked round the car, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

“You’ve really missed her haven’t you?” he asked, his breath tickling my ear.
“Like you wouldn’t even believe” I replied, turning round and planting a little kiss on his lips.
“Come on you two, we’ll miss their flight coming in if you don’t hurry!” Mum said from a little way down the car park.
I grinned at Frankie before pulling him along to catch up with mum.

We were soon waiting at the arrivals gate. I checked the screen to see that the flight was on time and had just landed.
“They’ve landed!” I squealed, making mum and Frank laugh at me. “God! You guys just don’t understand!” I huffed, walking off from them with my arms folded.
“You can’t get away from me that easily” I heard Frankie whisper as he grabbed me from behind, picking me up by the waist.

I tried so hard not to squeal too loud as he spun me around, marching me back to where mum was standing, looking at me in despair.
“Can I trust you two to behave while I go to the coffee shop to pick something up for everyone?” mum asked, looking between us.
“Don’t worry, I’ll keep her in check” Frankie smiled, holding me tightly to him. I wasn’t complaining. Mum smiled gratefully at him before turning away.

“God! You can let go of me now” I said, hitting Frankie’s arms, trying to free myself.
“Nope, I told your mom that I’d keep you in check, so I am” I could feel him grinning as he held me close, stopping me from struggling.

I turned around in his grip with a smirk on my face. Time for a distraction.
I cupped his face in my hands and pulled him closer, kissing him hard on the lips, it wasn’t long before he relented and kissed me back, and as I thought, his arms loosened as he relaxed. I quickly pulled away, sticking my tongue out at him. He looked shocked, but soon had me back in his arms; I guess I wasn’t really putting up much of a fight…
I was soon distracted by the sound of people walking through the arrival gate and spun round to get a good view.

“Rennie!”
“Lynds!” I ran over to her, throwing my arms around her as she did the same thing.
We hugged for ages before finally breaking apart.
“Your hair looks amazing! I didn’t recognise you at first!” she laughed, playing with my red hair.
“Well there’s quite a long story behind that, I’ll tell you tomorrow, first I need you to meet Frankie” I said smiling.
“Ooh is he the hot one? Why’s he here?” she asked very quickly, and quietly.
“Well… Yes, he’s the hot one, and he’s here, cos he’s my boyfriend now!” I couldn’t help but grin at the thought. I could see Lynds fighting the urge to squeal as we approached him. Our mums had gone off in their own catch up conversation leaving him on his own.

“I’m the hot one, am I?” he asked cockily, apparently overhearing our conversation. I lightly shoved his chest as he smirked at me.
“Well this is Frankie” I introduced, “Frankie, this is Lynds”
“I kinda guessed to be honest, you haven’t shut up about her since you found out she was coming” he chuckled, I think he was trying to embarrass me, like that was going to work.

“Still can’t get enough of me eh?” she winked at me.
“Never could” I winked back, while Frankie just looked between us, obviously expecting a different reaction.
“And I hear you’ve picked up a bit of an American accent since you’ve been here too” she commented.
“Have I?”
“Yeah kinda, not much, but kinda” she rambled.
“Yeah well, it’s better than picking up an Australian accent like you have” I stuck my tongue out at her as she pretended to be shocked.

“Right then you three, we’d better get going, some of us have work in the morning” Mum announced, cutting off our conversation.
We all walked out to the car park, lugging their bags for them.

Frankie lifted them all into the car while the rest of us climbed in. Once he got in himself, we pulled off back home. We’d put quilts and pillows out in the living room so that we could just get in and sleep, Frankie included. It had been a long flight for Lynds and her mum, Sarah, so they were knackered and ready to just drop. Thankfully it didn’t seem to take long to get home so we were soon flaked out on the living room floor, tangled in multiple quilts, falling asleep.