We Can't Wake Up

The Second Visit

The next day Marcus, Richard and Arnold spent the morning down in the Slytherin common room finishing a Potions essay before the seminar with Harry Potter.

“What did you want to talk to me about the other day?” Arnold asked quietly as they packed away their things.

“I wanted to talk to you?” Marcus asked, almost scathingly.

Arnold blushed violently, “Sorry it must have been someone else” he mumbled.

They walked the rest of the way to the Great Hall in silence. Marcus could still feel the power surging through his blood. When they approached the castle everybody was hurrying into the Great Hall.

“Harry Potter,” Richard spoke quietly.

Marcus gave an eerie smile and led them into the hall. Again they sat at the back of the hall. Automatically, Arnold and Richard sat either side of him. Within moments the rest of the back row had been filled by other Slytherin students.

Harry entered the room, his eyes sweeping over the students in a somewhat nervous way, as if he were expecting someone to leap up and kill him. His gaze found Marcus’ and Marcus could see him swallowing. Marcus kept his gaze, letting the feeling of power surge out through him.

“Nice to see you all again,” Harry started; his eyes looking anywhere except the back row of students. “I hope you’ve learnt a lot since I was last here, been working hard.” He smiled thinly. “Anyway, your headmaster invited me back because he thought it would be a good learning experience and he has especially asked me to go through some spells with you. Okay, we are going to start with some defensive spells.”

“Would anyone like to volunteer?” Harry called out. He had just been talking about defensive spells and had asked for someone to come out and practice with him.

After a few moments of electric silence Marcus raised his hand. Harry nodded slowly and Marcus stood and walked to the front where Harry stood. Students muttered as he walked by and watched him with curiosity and some with a look of slight suspicion.

“Marcus Lestrange right?” Harry asked, holding out his hand to Marcus.

Marcus shook his hand with a firm grip and met his gaze. Marcus had grown since they had last met and he was now exactly one inch taller than Harry. “You have a good memory,” he spoke quietly.

“It would be hard to forget you,” Harry spoke through his teeth and let go of Marcus’ hand as if he had been stung. “Right then, shall we?”

Marcus nodded his face perfectly blank.

“I suppose you know the protecting shield?” Harry inquired. Marcus nodded. “Very good. Well, you create one and I shall test how good it is.”

Marcus nodded again. He whipped his wand quickly through the air and the shield formed around him, then he flicked his wand and it dispersed. Harry was momentarily silent as he remembered that he hadn’t really ever mastered the art of non-verbal spells.

He cleared his throat, “Right,” he moved slightly away from Marcus and prepared himself. “Expelliarmus!” he said loudly. The spell shot straight at Marcus and bounced off the shield and out of an open window. “Very good. Winguardium Leviosa!”

Again the spell shot out through the window after hitting the shield. Harry paused for a moment to think. Marcus smiled that eerie smile and let the shield go just for a moment.

He waved his wand gently and gracefully, the spell sped through the air and hit Harry. His wand flew in a graceful arc and landed neatly into Marcus’ waiting hand. The students at the back of the room guffawed and cheered enthusiastically. There was a stunned silence from the rest of the students.

Harry stood still and looked carefully at Marcus. “Very well done” he said slowly. He turned and smiled at the audience and then clapped his hands slowly. He moved over to Marcus and shook his hand. “You are a fine wizard,” he paused, looked into Marcus’ eyes and his voice dropped to a barely audible whisper, “Don’t let it go to waste,”

Unwillingly Marcus thought of Anne and closed his eyes briefly. “Don’t worry Harry, I wont let a drop of my blood go to waste for an unworthy cause.” He smiled at Harry.

Harry barely contained the shudder that lusted to roll down his spine as he saw Marcus stretch his lips into a smile but his eyes become even darker and colder.

Marcus walked back to his seat and the students watched him carefully, most had been shocked to see him smile. Very few of the students at Hogwarts had ever seen Marcus smile.

Anne knew what his smile looked like, but even she shuddered when she saw him smile at Harry. It contained absolutely no warmth or openness. If there was any word to describe it, Anne knew the word would be sinister.

Richard slapped him on the back as Marcus sat down. “Nicely done,” he whispered.

They sat through another hour of Harry talking to them about various spells and the times and places he had used them. When it was over, Marcus did not remain behind, but he did make sure that he was one of the very last to leave.

Harry’s eyes lingered on Marcus’ retreating back, lost in his thoughts. The boy reminded him so much of young Voldemort but how could it be possible? Surely Voldemort had never had a child, let alone a son. His brow furrowed in thought as he tried to rationalize what he was thinking.

The thought of anyone loving Voldemort enough to have his child entirely repulsed Harry. Who could ever love such a person?
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this one is a little longer than the previous one.
Actually it was a fair bit longer than this originally but I edited it quite a bit. :P