We Can't Wake Up

Asphyxiated

Anne’s screams filled his ears once again. Her body writhed unnaturally as the pain intensified.

It seemed to last forever but Marcus knew that it was no longer than a minute.

Again he knelt beside her, “How are you feeling?” He asked quietly.

Anne turned to look at him, thinking that he was genuinely worried about her. She could tell from his blank face that he meant “Have you learnt your lesson?”

Marcus tucked a lock of hair that had escaped her braid behind her ear. Anne’s eyes closed as his cold fingers brushed against her hot skin. “Hm? Or do you require more work?”

Anne shook her head minutely. Marcus smiled tightly, not at her, but because he had won her submission. He helped her into a sitting position and then brought her lips to meet his. He found her unresponsive this time and pushed her away.

“You expect me to kiss you after you tortured me?” Anne asked in amazement.

Marcus stared at her. Things were not going the way he wanted them to. “Anne,” he paused. What should he say? Sorry? No! Marcus shuddered at the mere thought.

“What Marcus?” Anne sighed, as if she were entirely fed up with him.

Marcus looked away from her dark probing eyes. He didn’t want to give anything away.

“Marcus, I know that I mean absolutely nothing to you. I’m just some stupid person that you wanted to tease and try and force into submission,” she tried to catch his eye. “But I also know that I love you; and I hate myself for it.”

Marcus stood abruptly; Anne closed her eyes against the tears that fought to spill down her cheeks. Marcus took two steps then stopped. Reducto! He jabbed his wand at a nearby sapling that was just taller than him. The tree exploded into tiny pieces. Anne gasped as Marcus proceeded to do the same to every sapling in the clearing.

Soon, all that was left of the saplings were little piles of dust. Anne swallowed and stood carefully. She walked over to Marcus and took his hand in hers. She lifted it to her lips and kissed it over and over. Marcus stood silent.

Heart beating wildly, Anne moved so that she was facing him. He avoided her gaze as she slowly ran her fingers along his cheekbone. With her heart feeling as though it might explode, Anne pressed her lips firmly against Marcus’.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the long wait since the last update.
I've been having some internet problems at home. Don't know when they will be fixed.
I also don't know when I will next update, but hopefully it wont be too far away.
Thankyou.
:D