Status: A work in progress..updated randomly

Follow My Lead

Nine

The rest of the day carried on as usual. Maybel worked at the tent with Brian. Kyle did his normal “Kyle things”. Still, he was in a spectacular mood. It was obvious too. Dave, of course, knew the reason why.Dave was happy for his friend, really. On the other hand, that girl was his baby sister.Not that he knew what was going on between them. He decided to investigate.

“Yo Kyle! Come! Walk with me”He waved his friend over. Kyle walked over uncertainly It really could only be about one thing. “Sure man, what’s up?” He asked, feigning innocence. “You and my sister. What’s going on there...”Kyle took a deep breathe and recapped the story. When he finished, Dave was fuming. Kyle stood in front of the shorter man, “Let May take care of her own problems. She can handle it.” Dave collected himself and nodded. “Okay, but what about you and her?”

Kyle shrugged, “Whatever she wants. I wouldn’t mind giving it a shot.” Dave clapped his hand on Kyle’s shoulder, “That’s what I like to hear.”

-----

Kyle kept looking at Maybel through out their whole set at 3:00 that day. She kept making weird faces at him and he would just smile back. When the boys finished up, he sprinted off stage and over to her. He planted a big kiss on her cheek, “ I saw you looking at me, being all weird and stuff.”

She pushed him away half heartedly, “Shut up and leave me be!”He wrapped his arms around her shoulders from behind so neither of them could really walk. “Not a chance!! Let’s go grab some food, I’m hungry. They adjusted position so his arm was around her shoulder and his around his waist, “and a shower. You smell something awful.” He laughed as they walked , “as long as it’s a shower together I’m down.” She just shook her head.

A few days later, they were still acting couplely. It was casual, even though neither of them were into anyone else. They sat at the merch table together with some smoothies he had brought over. Kyle slurped loudly before speaking, “You know, I found a picture of us from when were, like, sixteen. It’s a nice shot of you but I look so bad, all emo and shit.” She laughed, “Is it the one from Amanda’s party? I think I have the same shot hanging in my room back home! It’s not a bad shot of you! You were so cute then!”

Kyle eyed her, “Am I not cute now?! I think I am pretty damn adorable...hot, sexy. Whatever adjective you prefer.” She laughed even more, “Yeah, yeah. You’re quite handsome now too!” Kyle faced palmed, “Handsome! I knew I was forgetting one!” She leaned out of her chair and pecked him on his lips. He beamed at her, “Thanks darlin’.”

Someone cleared their throat on the other side of the table. They both looked up at a nervous Mike Hranica, who was standing there awkwardly. Maybel stood up and Kyle quickly followed suit. He laced her fingers with his while he addressed Mike, “Yeah bro? You got something you want to say?”

Mike nodded, “I know you saw it Maybel. She was a girl i used to see...she broke my heart not to far back. She had some things she had to deal with. I hadn’t heard from her in months. She came back to me though, so that must mean something right? I’m just so in love with her. I’m sorry about the way things played out though. I’m sorry I didn’t explain.”

Maybel released herself from Kyle’s death grip and went around the table to hug Mike, “it’s okay. Love is love. I get it. I think you helped me in a weird way too so thank you. Maybe I could meet her some day?”

Mike nodded, suddenly excited by this idea, “Yeah! Her name is Charlie, and I think you’d really like her.” Maybel nodded, “Cool! I guess...I guess I’ll see you around?” Mike smiled, waved at Kyle and walked off. She stood there staring at his back while he departed. Kyle got up and stood next to her. “Well, that’s that I guess...right?” She looked down and linked their hands. “Yeah, I guess so.” She looked up at her new found friend and whatever else he was and gave him a reassuring smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I do have a story about this Charlie character and Mike. I kind of want to post it. I thought I'd work it into this one. I forgot I wrote it and since Mike popped up in this one I thought "Why not?"

Anyways, yeah, hope your day is good!