Status: A work in progress..updated randomly

Follow My Lead

Sixteen

“Where the fuck are we supposed to go for ‘zorbing’?!” Dave looked at his computer screen at his wits end. Kyle looked over his shoulder trying to see. They’d been at this for a half an hour and there was no place close that offered this.

Andy looked up at the guys from his spot on the floor, “What is it anyways?” Kyle turned the laptop towards his friend and showed him the picture. The person is strapped in this large plastic tire looking contraption that is probably not suitable for someone in Devin’s state. Kyle looks at Andy, “Then they push you down a hill.”

Andy cracked up, “That’s a real thing?! Shit man, can’t we just push her down that hill in Lou’s backyard in a monster truck tire?” Dave snorted while trying to cover his laughter. Kyle facepalmed himself, while mentally laughing because he had thought the same thing earlier. Still, he wanted things for his girl to be just right.

Annabeth came out of Devin’s room, with a big fake smile. Andy got up and hugged her as the girl started to cry. He had only asked her out during vacation but she molded right into his life and he couldn’t stand to see her cry. He rubbed her back as she quietly wept, telling her things were okay.

The rest of the guys were uncomfortable. This is the first time one of them had broken in front of each other over this. Seeing Annabeth cry made it all that much more real to them. Kyle walked towards May’s room, patting the couple on their shoulders as he passed.

The room was bright. For some reason, he had expected it to be drawn curtained and depressing but it was far from it. Her room looked like it always did. The walls were still pastel green and covered in photos and posters. Her desk was still over crowded with CD’s and notebooks. Her bed still had her Red Wings blanket tossed on top.

He sat down next to May on her bed. She was reading a book and didn’t noticed he was there until he sat. She dog eared the page and put the book down. Before Kyle could say anything she spoke up, “I want to go get my tattoo. Today. Right now. I just counted up my money and I have more than enough. Romeo said he was nearby and was willing to meet up at his friend’s house.

Kyle smiled down at his girlfriend, “Yeah sure. You may want to brush your teeth though.” She rolled her eyes but scurried into her small bathroom nevertheless. He stood and leaned against the doorframe, watching her.

“So, where are you gonna get it?” She thought for a moment and pointed at her right thigh. She didn’t bother talking seeing at her mouth was full with toothpaste. He smiled again. It would definitely look good there.

Once she was done brushing her pearly whites, she turned to him. “I want Michigan written above it too in crazy beautiful font. It’s going to be spectacular.” He nodded in agreement as she throws a pullover on.

-------

Maybel didn’t want anyone in the room with her and Romeo while she was being worked on. The guys could hear her yelp sometimes but for the most part it was quiet on the other side of the door. Everyone was leafing through Romeo’s lookbook, wondering if anyone else wanted a piece done.

Three hours later the door opened and the two walked out, both wearing huge grins. Maybel was careful not to show the tattoo though by facing away from the group. Romeo counted to three and she jumped to face everyone to show the tattoo. She wore shorts so there was no hassel.

The piece was already fully colored and all wrapped up. She scanned everyone’s faces to gage their reactions. Everyone smiled back at her. Dave stepped towards his sister and hugged her, “Did it hurt? Do you regret not having your big brother there to protect you?”

She giggled into his shoulder, “It didn’t hurt that bad! I mean, it stung a little but it was fine. I may have bitten a hole through my sleeve though. I bit down on that sucker so hard.”

Andy snorted, “I hope she doesn’t do the same to you man!” He hit Kyle in the stomach lightly. That caused Dave to step away from his sister and Kyle to hold in a laugh. May walked over to Andy and smirked, “Oh hun you have no idea.” With that she winked at him, paid and thanked Romeo a million times, and left with Kyle. Andy hung back to get some work done.
♠ ♠ ♠
I lost so many lovely comments and subscribers and such :( Win some lose some