Status: A work in progress..updated randomly

Follow My Lead

Seven

“..I guess what I’m trying to say is, would you like to be my girlfriend?” Mike looked intently at Maybel’s face. Maybel smiled and nodded, too happy to really say anything. They had just returned from the cutest date where he took her to the beach. He had brought some kites which they flew and it was just a great time. She had her suspicions that this is what he had been leading up to.

Mike beamed at her, “Well that’s great! Do you want to come have some food with the guys and myself?” Maybel nodded again, still not able to say much. They went back to the Prada bus where she and Mike were greeted with a round of “aww”’s over their hand holding. She had a cheeseburger and after it started to get dark, Mike and her walked back to her own bus.

“I hope you had fun today” He said holding both of Maybel’s hands. “I had a lot of fun. The best date I’ve ever had the pleasure to go on.” Unexpectedly, Mike bent down and kissed her. He went to pull away gently but Maybel wrapped her arms around his neck. She felt him smile and chuckle lightly against her lips.

Kyle swung the bus door open, “May! Guess what I just found, it’s a-” He stopped when he saw them. “Oh..uh...sorry. I’ll just go back inside.” He turned around and scurried back inside.Maybel shrugged apologetically at Mike, “Sorry. I’ll see you tomorrow?” He nodded and pecked her on the cheek before walking away.

She took a deep breathe before going inside the bus. Everyone minus Kyle was in the front lounge. They didn’t see and Kyle must’ve not said anything because they didn’t even look up at her. She made her way into the back lounge where Kyle was playing some video game. “Hey Kyle” she sat down next to him. He didn’t look at her. She sighed and grabbed the other controller. They played in silence for awhile.

Then Kyle paused the game, “so are you and him..together now?” She nodded smiling. “Yeah! We went to the beach and when we got back he brought me back to his bus and just kind of asked me.” He nodded slowly. “Oh, Happy Birthday by the way” he smiled at her before pulling a wrapped box out from under the couch. She blinked at him.

No one, besides Dave, had wished her a happy birthday all day. Andy had shot her a text message while she had been at the beach, but hadn’t acknowledged it to her face. She was downright surprised Kyle had even remember, never mind even getting her a present.

She took it carefully and unwrapped it. Inside was a crisp white new Confide tank top. She looked in disbelief from the shirt to Kyle. He smiled, “Joel found a box at his place. I snagged one for you.” She leaned over and hugged him. He gingerly hugged back, “hah your welcome May”. When she pulled away, Kyle’s smile turned into a smirk, “Seeing as you’re 21 now, do you want to go get drunk and hook up somewhere?” She smacked his arm lightly, “I am taken now Pavone! I’ll have my boyfriend beat you up! I will finish this game with you though.” She unpaused the game and they went back to playing.

------

Everything was okay between everyone until the night when Maybel came to the bus and announced she was staying on the Prada bus for the night. Dave jumped up, “No, I don’t think so. I’m not ok with this.” Maybel looked at him, “Who are you, Dad? No. I wasn’t asking, I was just letting you know.” Kyle looked between the siblings, “Yeah... I don’t think that’s a good idea either. You should probably just stay here.” The rest of the guys nodded quietly.

Maybel stood their in disbelief, “I don’t get it. Andy, you said to go find someone so I did. Now, you’re agreeing with them!?” Andy shrugged helplessly, still not saying a word. Kyle stood up, “May, leave Andy alone. He means well. We all do. You and Mike haven’t been together long at all. It’d be kind of quick don’t you think?” Dave came closer to his sister, “Kyle’s right. Just stay tonight ok?”

She was visibly upset but took out her phone and sent a quick text to Mike saying she’d be staying on the WCAR bus after all. She looked up at them, “There. Hope you’re all happy.” She quickly made her way to her bunk. and crawled inside. It had been a long day and all she wanted to do was curl up with someone and go to sleep. Was that too much to ask? She finally had someone she could do that with and still, people were bitching about it.

The boys all looked at each other. They hadn’t meant any harm, not really. They were all just trying to look out for her. The guys, apart from Dave and Kyle, all shared a look. Kyle had been more and more friendly and protective with Maybel. Andy knew that this had only been a matter of time really until his friend truly fell for Maybel. Timing was just not on Kyle’s side though.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone's holidays were good!