Status: Under construction...

Without Lexie

two- Marrie

His name was Carter Chance and he was the most beautiful person I'd ever met. We'd been best friends since first grade; it took a few years for me to fall in love and then it was too late... Lexie had walked into his life... The first moment he saw her... He looked like he was seeing the sun for the first time. I have to admit, she's as beautiful as Carter. Everything was perfect... for a while. Then... it all came crashing down. I guess you could say nothing stays perfect like that forever, none of us ever thought... Well, Lexie got cancer... Part of Carter died with her... As much as it breaks my heart they were soul mates... They were connected in a way I can't even explain in words, everyone knew it...
~*~
Carter was standing next to Lexie's coffin his eyes closed tight. "Carter..." I whispered taking his hand. A tear slid out of his eye. "I'm so sorry." He laughed humorlessly.
"Everyone keeps saying that.. Like sorry will bring her back... It HURTS, Mar..." I pulled him closer.
"I know, Carter... I know..." I whispered. "I'm right here... Forever." He sobbed into my shoulder. I could see Mr and Mrs. Moore looking at us with tears in their eyes.
"We should go over there..." I heard Mr.Moore whisper and they stared walking.
"Carter..." Mrs.Moore said touching his shoulder. He straightened up. "She loved you... More than anything..." Tears filled her eyes. "I know exactly how you feel... Or... I- I can imagine that feeling... Our two hurts are something different... I just- I know you and Alexis were meant to be together..." Carter whimpered like a hurt puppy. I just wanted to help him so bad... But I couldn't.... I swallowed hard and stepped back planning to leave them to talk. Carter turned to me with fear in his eyes and grabbed my hand.
"Don't... Don't leave me..." He whispered so soft I wasn't sure he even said it. Mr.Moore looked at me and frowned. Did he think- Me and Carter? Carter would never do that to Lexie...
"I'll be right back... I just need some water..." I said and smiled somberly at Cater.
"I'll come with you... I just... You can't...." Tears ran down Carter's cheeks. I pulled him close.
"OK..." I walked out the front doors with Carter clinging to my hand.
"Where are we going?"
"We are getting out of here." I said matter-of-factly.
"Why?' I stared at him.
"Why? Because this is killing you. I can tell... "
"I just... Can't believe she's gone..."
"I know..." I climbed into my car and shoved the keys into the ignition. suddenly I felt very angry... if there was a God why the hell would he/she do this to Carter?! What did he ever do to deserve this hell? Carter got into the passenger side and smiled a little.
"I love you, Mar... You're my best friend..." The stab of heart break was forced down before it could reach my eyes; I was good at acting like I didn't love him.
"Where to?" I asked.
"Anywhere..." He sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
If this has any loyal readers left I am so so so so so soooooooooooo sorry I haven't updated in FOREVER... I tried so hard! I kept drawing blanks... :( It stared to become a ghost story and I didn't want that.