Status: Complete :D

Baby, What if I Can't Forget You?

Will the Destruction Set Us Free?

Piper

I played a few more songs outside, but then I got tired of singing. I'll never go anywhere with this anyways. And besides that, I could feel someone's eyes on me, and it made me nervous. I knew exactly who it was, and that made me feel even worse about it. I glanced slowly over to his house and noticed an open window facing my yard, and none other than Vic Fuentes was standing at the window, but he quickly ducked away thinking I hadn't seen him.

What if he uses this against me now? What if he makes fun of my voice?

It'll kill me. Singing is all I have left in this world. I will never let someone take that from me.

I stood up with my guitar and headed back into my house to get ready for tonight. I had no clue what we were doing, but I wanted to look cute.

I really just wanted to impress Vic.

I walked straight to my closet and studied every article of clothing I had. I finally decided on a pair of worn out skinny jeans, and black and white striped tank top, and my white Toms. I changed into the outfit and walked to my bathroom to do my makeup. My dark wavy hair was looking a little flat today so I brushed through it quickly and grabbed my fedora off the back of the door and placed it on my head.

Eh...it looks decent.

I shrugged it off and touched up my makeup. As I was brushing my teeth, my phone vibrated signaling that I had a new text.

Tori: hey girl! we're all meeting up at the Fuentes household. Come on over when you're ready!

I smiled to myself and sent back a quick reply. I finished brushing my teeth and smiled in the mirror. I was satisfied with the way I look and grabbed my yellow cardigan from my room. I skipped downstairs with my phone in hand and began walking towards Vic's house. I noticed that Mike's car wasn't in the driveway yet, and that kind of worried me.

I knocked on the door regardless and gave a small smile to Vic as he opened the door.

"Why are you here so early?" he asked with a confused look on his face.

"I'm early?" I questioned.

"Yeah. No one's gonna be here for another hour." he said with a serious look on his face.

"That bitch." I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Uh can I come in anyways?" I said quickly.

He nodded and opened the door all the way for me. I walked in slowly and looked around.

"We can watch tv or something til everyone gets here." Vic said walking past and motioning for me to follow.

He led me into the living room and sat down on the couch. I sat beside him but not too close. It made my heart beat too fast to sit this close. I can only imagine what it feels like to actually sit right beside him.

I'm sure I'd have a heart attack.

He flipped through the channels and finally landed on some crime scene show. I sat with my hands in my lap and occasionally glanced over at Vic. He was concentrating hard on something, but I don't think it was the tv show.

"Is something on your mind?" I finally got the courage to speak.

He just looked over at me and then back down to his lap.

"I'm sorry." he finally said.

"Sorry for what?"

"All the trouble I've caused since the beginning. I honestly don't know what came over me the day I met you. I'm not always a complete asshole, I promise you. I just haven't been myself recently." he said with a sigh.

I didn't press it any further. Instead, I moved my body dangerously close to his and put my hand on his back. He looked up at me and gave a small smile.

"I forgive you, but you're going to have to work harder to get through to me, Vic. I don't just let my walls down for anybody. You hurt me before you even knew me. I don't hold grudges, but it takes a lot to earn my trust. We can start over, however. I do want to be friends with you."

He smiled a bigger smile and began to lean closer to me. Before I knew it I was leaning in too. The closer we got, the more I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

"Honey, I'm hoooooooooooome!!!" I heard Mike scream as the door was thrown open.

Vic jumped up from the couch and walked towards Mike's voice. I felt my face heating up and I looked away from everyone that had just entered the house. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, and when I finally looked up I saw that everyone but Jaime was here.

They all looked at me then back to Vic who was walking back into the room with what looked like movies in his hands. He stopped when he saw everyone looking.

"What?" he snapped at them.

They all began shaking their heads. Mike and Tony were smirking and Tori just laughed. I turned to Vic and smiled an awkward smile.

"Let's a watch a movie!" I said and turned back to the television.

Could this be any more awkward?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short and sorry it's been so long! I've been so distracted lately! Aaaaaand if you love Joel Piper as much as I do, you should go check out my oneshot I did! It would mean a lot to me! :)