Status: Complete :D

Baby, What if I Can't Forget You?

Don't Rain on My Parade

Once Vic popped in a movie things became a little less awkward, except for when it came for seating. Mike insisted that I scoot towards Vic so he could sit next to Tori. I finally gave in a just moved over. Mike threw his arm around Tori when the lights were turned off by Tony. He then came and sat down in front of my legs and leaned his head back on my knees.

"You comfy there?" I said sarcastically.

"Very." he said looking up at me with a smile.

I shook my head and laughed. I then turned to smile at Vic who just so happened to be smiling at me already. I felt a little warmth on my cheeks and he laughed quietly. I looked back to the screen and tried to pay attention to what was happening, but my brain wasn't letting me.

A light tap on my leg interrupted my thoughts. I looked down to see Vic's hand resting face up in between our legs. I smiled and looked over at Mike to see if he was paying any attention. He wasn't. I slowly placed my hand in Vic's and giggled silently as his fingers laced with mine.

At least he's trying....

Every so often, he would give my hand a light squeeze and I would return it to him. My stomach was filled with so many butterflies. It's only been a week, a rough week at that. I just have to take my time with him. I just need to get to know him before I decide on anything.

3 Months Later

I spent the first 3 months of my new life in San Diego getting to know the boys and Tori as best as I could. I was closest with Tony and Tori, and Vic followed in second. These kids were slowly becoming my family. I spent every moment of my free time with them.

Things were a little weird with me and Vic from time to time, and everyone noticed. They also forgot about how awful Vic had been to me at the start. We all tried to block it out and start brand new.

Nothing ever happened with us either. He never made a move other than holding my hand during the movie. I tried to keep my mind off of it, but as the days went on, I grew sick of anticipation. Every negative action he made towards me made my heart hurt a little more each day, but I was getting over it. We were destined to be friends and only friends.

Today, I sat alone outside. No one has been around and I haven't heard from anyone. It isn't like any of them to not call or text at least once. It was rather depressing actually.

It's my birthday.

But nobody even called. I sighed to myself and picked up my guitar. I sang softly to myself a song I had known for years. It was Everlong by the Foo Fighters. It's always been a favorite of mine. About halfway through the song I was tearing up, but I also heard another soft voice behind me. I turned my head to see Vic walking up and singing along. I continued with the song as he sat in front of my and harmonized his voice with mine.

I never knew Vic could sing...

Once I was done with the song, I placed my guitar down in front of me only to have it picked back up by Vic. He messed with the tuning a little and began to play me a song.

"If you call me at all
Don't tell me that I'm ordinary
Cause I won't be passing you, please don't leave
And if you tell me you're listening to everything you read

Turn off this light, call my name
Don't talk, just ride
Who wouldn't let you be all about,
About me
I'm only trying to work this out

So, if you call me at all
Don't tell me that I'm ordinary
Cause I won't be passing you, please don't leave.
And if you tell me you're listening to everything you read
If you call me at all

Oh, I hear you breathing on the line
Oh baby girl, I'm not your type
I'll leave you hurting every night
So I won't be coming back
Who wouldn't let me be all alone
Who wouldn't let me be all alone
Who wouldn't let you scream ohh to a soft pillow

I'm such an animal
And baby honestly these teeth won't let you go

Don't tell me that I'm ordinary
Cause I won't be passing you, please don't leave
And if you tell me you're listening to everything you read
If you call me at all
Don't tell me that I'm ordinary
Cause I won't be passing you, please don't leave
And if you tell me you're listening to everything you read
If you call me at all"


"That was beautiful." I said quietly as he smiled at me.

He stood up without a word and reached out for my hand. He pulled me up and kept a hold of my hand and led me in the direction of his car. I watched as he placed my guitar gently in the backseat then opened my door for me. Once he was backing out of the driveway I had to ask.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." he said.

I was beyond confused, but I just had to trust him. I crossed my arms and looked out the window wondering where he could be taking me.

And why everyone forgot my birthday....
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is just terrible, but it gets better. Comments are greatly appreciated.