We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever

I'm Not Going Back

The second I was home, I locked myself in the bathroom… and cried. I don’t cry. But I was so angry and so upset and so… hurt; by my best friend. She was the closest thing I ever had to a sister. And she keeps something like who’s she’s dating from me? I’ve told her so many things that I haven’t told anyone else… and she can’t even trust me with that?

“Can I come in yet?” Ryan asked with his knuckle rattling on the door.

He’s been out there for a good twenty minutes now. Each time he’s knocked, I told him to leave me alone. But he hasn’t left yet.

Thinking that I left him waiting long enough, and knowing that he wasn’t going away, I reached over and unlocked the door. Slowly, it swung open, revealing Ryan’s frame. He sent me a little pout before he sat on the floor next to me, wrapping his comforting tattooed arms around me.

“Everything will be ok,” he spoke gently.

“It just sucks,” I sniffled.

“Give it a few days and everything will cool off,” he kept going.

“No,” I pushed out.

“Yes, it will. Stop being stubborn,” he countered through a teasing tone.

“If she can’t tell me who she’s dating, what else is she keeping from me?” I shot at him.

“What if it was something that slipped her mind?” he kept going.

“The first person I told when you asked me out for the first time was Kirstie. When we had our first kiss, I told Kirstie. When we told each other that we loved each other for the first time, I told Kirstie. I told her everything,” I vented, feeling anger come back over me.

“I understand that you’re hurt,” he started, “but she’s your best friend. You two share a career. You’re going to have to put this aside when you go back to Europe to finish out the tour,” he finished… and I just shook my head.

“I’m not going back,” I muttered.

“What?” he asked with shock pouring out of his voice.

“I’m not going back to Europe,” I repeated, trying to make my voice stronger.

“Kylee, you can’t just…”

“I’m not going,” I cut him off.

He looked down at me, searching for something in my eyes that told him I wasn’t being serious… but I was. I don’t need to go back. Pure shock came over his face. He didn’t know what to say.

“You know I love you and will support you until no end, but… you need to think about what you’re doing,” he finally spoke.

“I know,” I sighed, “but maybe… Kirstie and I weren’t meant to do this forever,” I went on, shrugged.

Ryan sent me a sympathetic look before he held me closer, leaving a soft kiss on my forehead. I knew he could relate. He’s gone through a few different line up changes in his band. He understood. But I didn’t need him to understand right now. I just needed him to be here for me like he is at this very moment. As of right now, Ryan’s my best friend… a darn good best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't feel good :( and it sucks... Tanner's not even making it better :(

comment??