We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever

Kirstie Can Do It

When morning rolled around, my whole body just ached. My eyes hurt so much from crying so hard the night before. Ryan means the world to me… and he just walked out on me last night. He hasn’t called or left any kind of message… and I’m worried.

After I pulled myself together, I slowly made my way out of Kirstie’s guest room. Multiple English accents echoed throughout the house once I was in the hall.

“Is Kylee up? I hear footsteps!” Danny’s loud voice filled my ears.

It made me roll my eyes, but a small smile still came through. Oh those English boys. Once I was at the top of the stairs, Danny and Harry came rushing to the bottom. They looked like they were going to start hurrying up them, but then their eyes fell on mine.

“She’s up!” they both shouted at the same time.

“Why are you guys so loud? My gosh,” I groaned while descending the stairs.

“Someone’s cranky,” Harry muttered.

“Excuse me for having a little attitude,” I snapped back.

“Can you guys just be nice for two minutes? Geez,” Tom’s said, directing his attention to his band mates as I stepped into the living room with everyone.

“We’re cheering her up,” Danny countered.

“Only Ryan can cheer me up,” I muttered as I sat in a chair, bringing my knees to my chest.

“You haven’t heard anything?” Kirstie asked gently.

I knew if I said anything, tears would start pouring out again, so I just shook my head. I want my Ry!

“It’ll be ok, Ky. You got us,” Dougie spoke up as he came over to sit next to me, pulling me into his arms.

His arms weren’t as toned as Ryan’s and his tattoos… were all wrong… Even though he wasn’t Ryan, I leaned into his embrace. It was comfort.

“Maybe it’s a good thing this tour is continuing in about a week,” Harry added, breaking the silence that was going on.

“I’m sorry, but the last thing on my mind right now is touring,” I muttered.

“It would get your mind off of him though,” Kirstie agreed with Harry.

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but… I don’t know if it would be the same,” I spoke gently, trying to be careful of my words.

“Just because you and Kirstie had a small tiff…” Tom started.

“Not just that, but… we’re talking,” I turned my attention to Kirstie, “but… it still kind of hurts. And then add everything with Ryan on top of that…”

“I told you I was sorry,” she spoke quieter than I did.

“I know you did… and I know you are sorry, but I just… need time to deal with everything. And I think my first step in dealing is trying to fix things with Ryan,” I was honest.

“We need you to finish this tour though,” Tom added.

“Kirstie can do it. I’m sure you guys know at least one of our songs. You could join her on stage with a song or two,” I replied.

The room fell silent. It was horrible! I regret ever bringing this up. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. But I just… feel like a different person right now. I’m not that same person that wrote and performed music with Kirstie. I didn’t know who I was right now to be honest. That was hard enough to accept. Add that to fact that my boyfriend’s gone and I just went through this big blow out with my best friend, and… it’s so hard and confusing. I just need time.

Before anyone could say anything, I told them that I was going to head back home and see if Ryan had come back. I wasn’t counting on it, but I needed to get out of here. I need time to myself… and I hope everyone realizes that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just have an assignment and a Final to do... and then I'm done til next year with school! wooo!!! lol

comment??