Ballad of Mona Lisa

Oh he's slightly clever to just a certain extent. If you walk you better talk.

[Brandon's P.O.V.]
*Next day*

I hadn't spoken to Lisa after I saw her after work. I do feel bad because I said somethings I definitely shouldn't have said, but I was so upset with her for meeting with his dad. I was nervous to see if Lisa would show up to court or not. I really hoped she would make the right choice. I showed up to the court house at the time we were supposed to b there. I saw Mr. Stump, and walked over to him.
"Wheres Lisa, and her mother?" He said immediately as he checked his watch frantically.

"I don't know. I haven't talked to either of them."

"Oh my god this is a disaster! The kids ex girlfriend was supposed to come and testify against him, but she bailed. Right now you're my only witness, and you weren't even there for all of the accounts so you're only so good." He said franticly.

"Excuse me one second." He said picking up the phone.

I had a bad feeling in my stomach about all this. I was afraid Lisa was going to bail. I was afraid that would mean Andrew gets off with a lesser punishment. I was afraid this meant I would Lisa forever.

Mr. Stump got off the phone, and ran over to me to talk.
"The trial's about to start we have to go in." He said walking towards the court room, and I followed. I sat in the visitors benches and waited.

I heard a loud buzzing, and I saw Andrew being walked out in a suit and tie, and handcuffs. I stared him down like it was my job. He looked up at me and he also was staring me down. I could just feel the anger spewing off of him like some kind of disease.

We all rose as the judge came in, and sat when he told us to. He read the papers of the case carefully. Then looked at Mr. Stump, and Andrew's lawyer.
"Where are your clients Mr Stump?" The judge said putting on his glasses, and turning his attention to Mr. Stump.

"Well we can't have a trial with out the person pressing charges now can we?"

"Yes you're right, but can I just have 5 minutes? They might be stuck in traffic."

"Fine 5 minutes." He said slamming the gavel down. Stump ran over to me, and got really close to my ear.

"You better get them on the phone and find out where they are." He said snapping at me.

"I'll try." I said as he walked out of the room on the phone. I pulled out my phone, and called Lisa, her mom,and their house 4 times each, but there was no answer.

I can't believe she was really going to do this! She really wasn't going to show up, and her mother was letting it happen. I just felt the anger built up in me, and I hit the nearest wall.

"Hitting things wont get you anywhere." I hear behind me. I turn around and see Andrew with a stupid smirk on his face. I guess they let him out of the handcuffs for whatever reason. I didn't even want to answer him because I just would have attacked him so I tried to keep my cool.

"She's not coming Brandon." He said with a snarky attitude.

"She loves me." He continued with a smile.

"Get outa my way prick." I said trying to walk away from him, so I myself didn't get in trouble, but he put his hand on the wall blocking half my path. I tried to walk around him but he met me on the other side, and stepped closer to me. Now we were standing chest to chest. He was a little bit taller then me so I was staring at his nose, so I raised my eyes to meet his.

"Move." I said as serious as I could.

"Tell me Brandon how does it feel?" He said backing up and looking down at me. I didn't even respond I just maintained eye contact with him.

"How does it feel to chase something for years, and years, and all I had to do was chase for a couple weeks?" He said almost laughing. Good god this guy is sick. I didn't want to hear anything he had to say so I tried to walk away, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me in close to him. I tried to yank my arm away, but he had a good grip on me.

"You're a fighter I see. Kind of reminds me of Lisa. She would always fight me if I wanted to fuck, and it just got me more excited." He said raising his eyebrow as he said it. Good god he is really fucked up! I couldn't let him say that about Lisa anymore.

I yanked my arm out of his grasp, and turned to punch him in the face, but he intercepted it.

"Hey! Cut the shit!" I heard someone yell at the end of the hall way. It was Lisa, and she looked pissed. He let go of my hand, and rolled his shoulders, and started walking towards Lisa. I though she would have backed down, and not looked at him, but she stared him in the face.

"You look lovely ms. Monar." He said fixing his dress shirt.

"Fuck off." She said walking past him.

"Ohh fiesty! I like that!" He said winking at her.

"Oh really? I thought you liked it when I fought you not to fuck me?" She said raising her eyebrow at him. I didn't even recognize her. She just gained courage out of no where.

"It's kind of hot when your angry." He said getting close to her, so I started walking towards him.

"Fuck off Andrew. I'll see you in court." She said bumping him, and walking towards me, and hugging me. i held her so tight because regardless of anything I felt so bad. I watched Andrew walk away defeated towards the court room.

"I'm so sorry Lisa." I said holding her as tightly as I could, and not wanting to let go of her.

"Me too." She said practically sobbing.

"Lisa calm down." i said wiping her tears from her face.

"I was right he doesn't care about me. Just fucking me."

"Show him he was wrong. Go into that court room, and put him in his place. Then after that he will never be able to see you again." I said grabbing her face gently.

"You're right. I'm sorry I ever doubted you Brandon. You've been right all along."

"Doesn't matter whose been right, and wrong in the past. Right now you need to show him you're right, and he's wrong." I said grabbing her face and kissing her forehead.

"You're right Brandon. Are you ready?" She asked wiping the rest of her tears.

"Are you?"

"Yes only because I have you here." She said taking my hand. We walked into the court, and Andrew was sitting where he was before, and staring at us. Lisa realized we were in public and let go of my hand before Andrew saw.

"You know fuck it." She whispered in my ear as she grabbed my hand, and flaunted it for Andrew to see. He lost his stupid smirk in his face, and just became furious.

As mad as it made Andrew I didn't care. This was the first time Lisa was holding my hand in public. She wasn't embarrassed of me for once. Lisa's mom caught a glimpse of us too, and just winked at Lisa. I could tell Lisa was mad about what Andrew said, and I hope she makes him suffer, like she suffered for months.