Ballad of Mona Lisa

Isn't This Exactly Where You Like Me?

[Lisa's P.O.V.]

I lied to Brandon, and have been for quiet some time now. I haven't really eaten a real meal since the middle of the summer. He would be so upset if he found out I wasn't eating again. I have struggled with anorexia since the 8th grade. Brandon was the one who got me help the first time. It helped me for almost 4 years, but over the summer when Brandon and I went to the beach I put my bikini on and realized I still looked like a cow. After that day I haven't eaten more then 500 calories a day, on a good day. I've been hiding it from him ever since the day I started again, and plan to keep it that way.

I was preparing to leave school and meet Brandon, and as I was walking out the door someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw Andrew!
"Hey Lisa." He said smiling. His smile was so warm and inviting it automatically made me smile.

"Hey Andrew." I said waiting for him to catch up.

"Wadap?" He said smirking.

"Bout to go meet up with Brandon, we're going to hang at my house." I said searching for Brandon's car in the parking lot.

"Oh...Are you two together or something?" He said slightly losing his smile. I almost laughed. Brandon was more like a brother! Neither of us felt that way about each other, well I don't think he does anyway. I used to like, or even love, Brandon way back in 9th grade, but he got a girlfriend and ever since then we've just been friends.

"Oh no! We're just best friends, but we're so close." I said looking at him as he slowly smiled again.

"Really?" He said slightly laughing."Can I get your number?" He said looking me dead in the eyes. I was flattered no other guy had my number except Brandon. It was probably just because he was new and was looking for friends.

"Uh sure." I said as I recited my number to him, and he gave me his.

"Thanks." he said closing his phone.

"No problem I gotta go though. See you tomorrow?"

"Of course, and thanks for being so nice to me today Lisa. No one ever wants to talk to the
new kid." He said getting closer to me. He's got his ideas twisted, no one ever talks to me, cause I'm a loser in school.

"No problem you're really nice yourself." I said spotting Brandon waiting for me. "I really gotta go though. Talk to you later." I said waving bye and walking to get in Brandon's car. I got in the car and he was silent.

"Hey sorry." I said buckling my seatbelt.

"Hi." He said not even looking at me.

"Whats wrong?" I asked trying to look at his eyes as he turned his head.

"Nothing."

"Liar. Whats wrong?" I said lightly punching his arm.

"I said nothing." He said looking at me in a serious way.

"Could have fooled me." I said slouching in my seat as he put the car in drive, and we left. The whole 5 minute car was silent, it was a relief when we finally reached my house.

We walked into my house, and found my mother passed out on the couch, as usual. She awakened when the door closed behind Brandon.
"Can you do anything quietly?" She muffled under her breath.

"Sorry mom...Brandon and I are going upstairs."

"whatever." She muffled as she rolled over again.
I plopped on my bed, and sighed. Then Brandon sat down at my computer chair. I was staring at him, waiting for him to say something, but nothing.

"Sorry bout my mom." I finally said.

"It stopped bothering me in the 6th grade." he said chuckling, which made me chuckle.

"I just can't wait to get out of here, and go to college in the city."

"With your incredibly good looking best friend right?" He said putting his hand on his chin like a model. I'm glad he got over what ever his problem was.

"Of course, and can't wait to go to frat parties, and do a lot of drugs!" I said sarcastically. Brandon and I are too straightedge for that stuff.

"All day everyday?" He said continuing the joke, and sitting next to me and putting his arm around me. I laid my head on his shoulder and let out a deep breath.

"You'll be out of here soon I promise." He said kissing my forehead, which he always does, but this time it was more sensual.

"I know I can't wait!"

"Until then I will just have to lighten your spirits."

"How?"

"Well....tickling is always an option!" He said putting his hands on my stomach and tickling me. I started yelling with laughter. I started to cry from the laughter! I hated when he did this.

"Brandon....Sto-...I...hate....you!" I said in between breaths. Finally I gathered the strength to start tickling him, before I knew it we were rolling on the floor. This was pretty typical for us though, but then he did something different, he stopped when he was over me. He was just kind of staring at me from above.

"Are you okay?" I asked sitting up on my elbow, bringing me closer to him.

"No. Listen Lisa..." He started but was interrupted by his cellphone vibrating violently in his pocket. It was his boss.

"Hello?....Now?....No one else can come in?.....Ugh fine give me 15 minutes." He said into
the phone frustrated.

"Whats wrong?" I asked slipping away from him.

"3 people called out sick, and Jimmy needs me to come in." He said rummaging through his backpack for his cute waiter outfit, that he kept on him because he gets called in so much.

"Ugh okay, see you tomorrow." I said giving him a hug good bye and he kissed my forehead again.

"Bye." He said as he exited my room.

I plopped back on my bed, and took out my phone. I had a message from Andrew! The time said 5 minutes after I left school.
"Hey." It said.

"heyy" I replied.

"wadap?"

"Nothing Brandon just left...u?"

"Oh nothing...wanna meet up? ur pick on where and when?" As I read that I got butterflies.
Was I really contemplating going to hang out with a complete stranger. Then again he wont
be a stranger if I get to know him.

"Sure. wanna go to the park nearby?"

"Sure =) when?"

"How bout now?" I said getting so excited at the thought!

"Okay be there in 5. see ya then ;p"
Oh my god winky tongue face? This kid barely knows me! He's gotta be playing some kind of game with me? I guess I'll find out when I see him. I said putting on more make up, and a black t-shirt that made me feel skinny. The park was not far so I walked there, and found a nice bench to sit , and wait on.

I sat for less than a minute, when I looked up, and saw him walking towards me. He had a very arrogant look to him, but kinda cute at the same time.I immediately smiled, and so did he.
"Hey long time no see." He said plopping down next to me.

"I know its been ages." I said making room for him, as he laughed slightly.

"You and that Brandon kid didn't hang long I see.

"Yeah he got called into work, his boss always calls him in on days he's off."

"That sucks. So how was your first day back at school? Aside me bothering you all day?"

"You didn't bother me at all! My teachers bothered me. You made me laugh." I said playing with my fingers.

"Haha at least you have friends in this school." He said laughing again.

"You're funny! I really don't have a lot of friends. Except for Brandon, like he's the only one I
hang out with in the school."

"No way? Why? You're so friendly."

"I don't know just really don't get along with half the people in school, and they don't get along with me. So I'm content with my one friend in school."

"Well as hard as that is to believe, you think there is room for a second friend in school?" He said grinning at me.

"Haha yeah of course! So whats your story what made you leave Jersey, and move to New York?"

"Long story...Lets just say my ex made my life living hell." He said letting out a sigh and looking in the other direction.

"I hear ya, thats why I'm kinda glad I don't have any angry exes."

"Wait you never had a boyfriend?" He said looking at me in shock.

"Nope. No one ever interested me, and I never interested anyone."

"I'm shocked! You're so cool, and of course beautiful." he said making me blush.

"Well thank you, but I'm really not beautiful." I said looking down.

"You must be blind or something." He said sitting back as if he was offended.

"Haha no not blind, just see the truth."

"Psh you're crazy girl." He said looking me dead in the eyes. He looked like he was searching for answers.

"I like you Lisa." He finally said.

"Not in a weird way, just like a friend. You're pretty chill, and seem easy to talk to."

"Oh I like you that way too Andrew.

"We should hang out more." He said shooting me another killer smile, which automatically made me smile.

"Okay. I'd definitely like that." I said looking in his eyes."Oh shit I have to get home before my mom knows I'm gone." I said standing up.

"Can I walk you home?" He said standing up with me.

"Sure." I said smiling and leading the way.

As we walked home we talked about movies, music , and just life. Turns out we both listen to the same music, Hollywood Undead, Eminem, Blink-182. Even Brandon and I had disagreements about music, he was more classical Beatles type. As we reached my house I slowed down my pace and stopped at my house.
"Well this is it." I said going to walk away.

"Okay so I'll see you tomorrow." He said coming close to me with his arms open. Is he asking for a hug? Probably considering he was getting closer, and closer.

"Yup see you tomorrow." I said extending my arms slightly. He finally wrapped his strong arms that were exposed in his black A7x t-shirt. I had never had a hug like that. He held me close, and tight. As I tightened my grip around his waist I felt safe, something I hadn't felt in years. How? I just met him? This doesn't make sense. After I finally released from his grip I started walking to my door, and turned back to wave to him as he walked away.

The rest of the night all I could do was think of him. This doesn't make sense we just met. That doesn't just happen... does it?
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback please?