Ballad of Mona Lisa

If I ever leave I could learn to miss you.

[Brandon's P.O.V.]

I ran out of the cafeteria with tears running down my face like a damn had broken behind my eyelids. I have never been this hurt in my entire life. I loved Lisa more then I loved myself, and she just turned around and betrayed me like that. I slammed on the door of the nearest bathroom making it fly open in furry. I checked to make sure no one was in there, and then locked the door. I ran over to the mirror, and looked at my cold lifeless reflection. My eyes were red with pain, and puffy with sorrow. I stood their just looking at myself in the mirror at how pathetic I was. I wasn't nearly half the 'man' Andrew was. She was probably with me just so people would think she moved on, and was okay. She was okay alright, okay with fucking me over.

I just started imagining her lips on his. The same lips I had kissed. I imagined his hands running all over her body. The same body I had my hands all over. I imagined the way we made love on my couch and bed. Maybe the same way he fucked her. The thought made me sick to my stomach. I ran into the nearest stall, and started throwing up. The burning feeling in the back of my throat reminded me of all those horrible images. The awful hurling feeling in my stomach made me feel like I was dying inside, and right now I wouldn't mind dying.

I sat beside the dirty toilet on the cold and wet tile floor. I just sat there waiting to see if I would throw up again. I sat and read all the writings on the bathroom stall as if they were straight from Jesus,or Gandhi. This was rock bottom, and the only thing that could bring me back to the top was Lisa, but she was also the one that put me here. I staggered up off the floor, and wandered off to the sink. I washed the vile taste out of my mouth, and cleaned up the evidence of my sickness off my face. I stood their staring at my pale face, or what was supposed to be my face.

'She loves me Brandon' I heard Andrews stupid voice ringing in my ears. Damn he was right.

'How does it feel to chase something for years, and years, and all I had to do was chase for a couple weeks?' It feels pretty shitty right about now. He was right again.

Fuck He was right she does love him, and it is easy for him. Fuck this shit I'm done!
"GOD DAMN IT!" I said pulling my arm back and swinging forward with a closed fist, as hard as I could. As my hand made contact with the cold glass, I had a flash back to all the hurt I was feeling. As the glass shattered around my fist,and the shards of glass flew off the wall, I felt a sense of relief. After all the pieces had settled on and around me I picked up the biggest piece I could find, and held it in my bloody fingertips. I looked at my reflection again in the tiny mirror, and realized the person staring back at me was worthless, and should pretty much disappear off the face of the earth.

I took the glass and dug it deep into my delicate wrist, and ran it across my skin trailing dark red blood along with it. I kept pushing harder making my blood seep out faster, and thicker. I kept repeating the process all up my arm until the pattern I wanted was achieved across my forearm. I looked down at the red letters reading "LISA" on my arm as blood poured out of me at an alarming rate. I started to feel dizzy, so I leaned up against the sink. My arms became weak, and I collapsed under my own weight. On my way down to the ground in my battle with gravity, I slammed my head on the hard sink, and then the hard tile floor. My vision became blurred, and all of a sudden I was in my own little world of darkness.

[Lisa's P.O.V.]

I sat in Andrew's passenger seat as he cruised down the expressway at an alarming speed. You would have thought he was running from the cops, which he probably would have been eventually once my mom realized I was gone. I had been crying the entire time I was in the car with him. He didn't have much to say, maybe he was trying to let me cool down. I don't know what goes on in his head, and I don't think he does either.

"Put this on." He said handing me black hat.

"And put all of ur hair in it so no one can see your hair." He added. His request confused me, but I complied. Then I saw the signs that said 'leaving New York.'
"Where are we going?" I said in a panic.

"To my friend Pete's place in New Jersey. He's just dying to meet you, and he's got a job offer for you." He said gazing at me with a slight smirk.

"What kind of job?"

"You'll see." He said gently placing is steady hand on my knee. I just shrugged and kept looking out the window.
"I like the new obedient Lisa." He said running his hand up my leg as if I was some kind of dog. He was right though. I used to never be afraid if anyone, but I was terrified of him. Whenever he puts his hand anywhere near me I flinch, even though he hasn't hit me yet.

I was gazing out the window still, when all of a sudden I heard a vibrating noise. It was my phone it was crammed in my back pocket. I arched my back and yanked the phone from my pocket the caller I.D. said "Mom".
"Who is it?" Andrew snapped at me. There's angry Andrew. I showed him the phone and he looked nervous.

"Gimme this." He said viciously grabbing the phone from my fingertips. He opened up his window that let in a loud roar from the high speed winds on the expressway, and through the phone out the window.

"Andrew!" I said looking back at my now shattered phone as it laid in the lane being run over repeatedly.

"We'll get you another." He said speeding up.

This was great. Now no one would have any idea where I was. What if the police come looking for me? What if they fail to find me? What if Brandon tells them I chose to leave with him? This whole thing was so scary. I hope Andrew doesn't leave me in Jersey alone or something. As sick as it is he's all I have right now, and I kind of need him.