Ballad of Mona Lisa

What a wonderful caricature of intimacy.

[Brandon's P.O.V.]

"Brandon! Wake up!" I heard in the distance. It was my mothers weary voice. She was calling me out of my darkness, but could I respond? I tried to bring myself into reality. I drew up the strength from with in to at least open my eyelids, and expose the blurry world I tried to leave behind. My eyes struggled to focus in on my surroundings.

"Brandon! Please wake up!" I heard my mother again, and now felt her gripping my hand. I was able to clutch her hand in mine slightly so she knew I was okay.

"He's moving! Doctor!" I heard tears in her voice as she screamed through out the hospital. Finally my eyes caught up with brain, and I could see my mothers weary face, and my brothers crying eyes. Oh god how could I do this to them.

"Mom..." I muttered in weakness.

"Shush baby just rest." She said stroking my face gently. I glanced at my surroundings, which were different the where I left them. The bright lights blinded me, and the loud beeping noises were both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I was alive, and a curse because I was alive...

"Glad to see you're okay Brandon. You hit your head pretty hard." A doctor said as he started examining charts, and looking at machines. Then I remembered I hit my head twice, and had a sudden rush of pain in my head. I reached my hand up to the spot, and felt a bandage there.

"We had to give you a couple stitches in your head, and some in your arm." He said coming over and gently checking my pulse. I looked down at my arm that had a tight bandage on it. Shit now everyone and their mother knows what I did. I can't even kill myself right awesome...

My mother looked at my arm and I could see tears well up in her eyes. This is horrible. The doctor could tell that my mother was upset, and needed to talk to me, so he asked a nurse to take Ryan down to the cafeteria. When the door closed as everyone shuffled out of my room, the silence was deafening. I knew she wanted to speak, but we both knew she was too hurt to say anything.

"What happened with Lisa Brandon?" My mother finally croaked out in between tears. I felt horrible. Know one ever wants their mother to cry like this.

"She cheated on me with Andrew, and the pain was killing me literally." I said sighing, and looking away from her.

"I'm sorry to hear that Brandon. Being cheated on is horrible, especially if you really care about that person. But she isn't the only thing in this world you have to live for. If she is going to treat you like that then she doesn't deserve you. I know it may sound like just words, but think about it if she is dumb enough to go back with him then why would you wanna be with someone that stupid anyway." My mom said grabbing my hand in hers and holding it tightly. She was right. I am a smart guy I don't need a dumb bitch in my life.

"Besides, they think she ran off with him anyway. She disappeared from school, and Andrew's car is missing. The police lost a track on her cellphone, and she never told her mom where she was going." My mom said sympathetically. I sat and took in the information. Lisa never turns her phone off, or doesn't have it on her, and Lisa always tells her mom where she's going. No matter what. And Lisa never leaves school early.

"Wait. Are they sure Lisa left willingly?" I said sitting up.

"What do you mean?" My mom said with a look of concern. I didn't want to tell my mom about the thought in my head because what if I was wrong.

"Nothing. When can I leave?" I said anxiously sitting up in my bed trying to get out.

"Whenever you want to leave-"

"I want to leave now."

"Why so urgent?"

"I need to go find Lisa, and talk to her. I know you think I'm crazy, but I need to go please sign me out of here now."

[Lisa's P.O.V.]

I didn't want to stay up and talk to Andrew so I fell asleep in the car. I was awoken by the car coming to a short stop. I woke up and lightly rubbed my eyes.
"We're here babe." Andrew whispered in my ear. I looked out the window and we looked like we were in some shitty neighborhood, and it was dark already. I looked at the street sign which read "FOURTH st & FREMONTst".

"Where are we?"

"At our new home." He said grinning at me and gesturing to the run down building in front of us. I sat in the seat stunned by the information I was being fed. Andrew got out of the car, and walked over to my door. He opened up the door, and pulled me out of the car by my hand.

"Come on my friend is dying to meet you." He said grinning. He pulled me up 3 flights of stairs that looked like they were all falling apart. There was a nasty smell in the building that I could swear was asbestos and formaldehyde . Finally he pulled me to a door and knocked on the door a couple times.

"Who is it?" I heard a man's voice on the other side.

"Andrew open up Pete." Andrew said laughing. Then there was noise behind he door like someone was fumbling with locks. The door opened and revealed a tall man with long black hair that hung in his face. He looked at the both of us and grinned the same devilish grin Andrew wears.

"Long time no see fuck head." Pete said pulling Andrew in for a hug. It was the only time Andrew let go of my hand, and quickly grabbed it again when the hug was over.

"And you must be Lisa." He said looking me up and down. I just nodded.

"She's hotter then you told me Drew." He said laughing.

"Isn't she?" Andrew said as if he was showing me off.

"Come in you two." Pete said moving aside and letting us into his apartment. The apartment was much nicer then the hallway leading up to it. It didn't have a funny smell, and wasn't falling apart, I was pretty surprised. When Pete closed the door, and locked it, he crept up behind me and hit my ass. I spun around in horror.How could Andrew just let him do that?

"This place is nice Pete. You're being awfully kind with your offer." Andrew said admiring the apartment. What offer?

"No problem Drew, but you and your girl need to uphold the bargain." He said getting awfully close to me again. I tried to backup into Andrew, but he just pushed me closer to Pete.

"She will. Right baby?" He said kissing my neck.

"Whats the offer..."

"Well Pete here is nice enough to let us stay here if you do him a favor or two,and work for him."

"What favors? And what job?" I said trying to back away, but was stopped by both men.

"We'll talk about the job tomorrow but for now come here baby." Andrew said grabbing me and shoving his greedy tongue into my mouth. I felt his hands exploring the front of my body. I felt funny because Pete was standing right there, but I felt even funnier when I felt a second pair of hands on me! Pete had started pulling at my pant loops. Oh my god they meant these types of favors. I started panicking. I tried to push Pete off of me, but he was relentless. He started kissing down my neck, and was shoving his hands into my pants. I pushed Andrew away from me and screamed as loud as I could.

"SHUT UP LISA!" Andrew said slapping me hard across the face. There was the old Andrew I knew.

"Andrew if you love me so much how could you share me!" I said still trying to squirm away from Pete.

"Because it's for our benefit." Which really meant his.

"Come here you little slut." Pete said picking me up and throwing me on the couch. He was on top of me now, and tried to take my shirt and pants off, but I was fight too hard. Andrew came up next to the couch and held my arms down, so Pete could rip my shirt off. Then he yanked my pants off and threw them across the room.

"She's so feisty Drew. You know how I like 'em." He said as he started undoing his pants with one hand and pulling at my underwear with the other hand. I was still trying to fight, but I couldn't gather the energy to scream again because I didn't wanna get hit again.

Pete then proceeded to put himself in me, and I winced at the awful sensation. He held my legs open as wide as he could and kept violently thrusting himself inside of me. I looked up at Andrew who was watching his 'friend' rape the girl he'loved'. I made eye contact with him, and I could just see a dark soul inside of him. How could he. Pete finally pulled out of me and finished all over me.

"Your turn bro'." Pete said grabbing my hands where Andrew just was. I felt like I was a toy being passed back and forth between two toddlers. They didn't have a care in the world for my feelings or my wants. Andrew placed himself over me as Pete did, and started thrusting inside me harder then Pete did. I was in so much physical, and emotional, pain I couldn't help but cry.

"I TOLD YOU NO CRYING WHEN YOU'RE WITH ME LISA!" Andrew said slapping me again which made me cry even more. Andrew finished on me again,and I laid on this disgusting couch in shock of what had just happened to me.

"Come on baby. Lets clean you up, and go to sleep." Andrew said picking me up and carrying me to the bathroom. He placed me in the shower and put on the water. I was un-effected as the water cascaded down my skin, and Andrew rinsed the disgusting evidence off of me. When we were done, he carried me into another room of the apartment. There was nothing but a dresser, and a naked bed.

"Go to sleep baby." Andrew said laying my naked body down on the cold mattress, and getting a blanket from the closet. He stripped down to his naked body and put the blanket over me, and crawled into bed. I was laying with my back to him, and he pulled me close to him. I felt his breath on my neck,and normally I would shiver at the sensation, but I was numb. Nothing phased me anymore.

I hope Brandon is thinking of me, because he's all I can think of right now..