Ballad of Mona Lisa

I'm of consenting age to be forgetting you in a cabaret.

[Brandon's P.O.V.]

I was on my way to school when I got off the phone with Lisa. I should have known Lisa would never do that to me, she was probably forced to get in his car that night, but why wouldn't she tell me that. I let the possibilities run around my head as I turned my car around and headed towards Andrew's house. I pulled up and didn't see Andrew's car, but I saw his dad's car. I ran up to his apartment and first listened for any noise. I heard some fumbling in the house,but it wasn't anything specific. I knocked on the door as hard as I could. I needed answers now.
"One minute." I heard from the other side. I kept my head down so that way if he looked through a window or something he wouldn't see me. I heard the locks opening, and finally the door opened.

"How may I help you?" He said with a sweet sounding voice. I looked up to meet his gaze, and his happy demeanor changed instantly. He tried to shut the door in my face but I reached my arm out to stop it.

"Andrew's not here! Leave me, and him alone!" He said trying to close the door but I was too strong.

"Where is he?" I demanded opening up the door all the way so I was inside the house. He backed into the living room with a terrified look on his face.

"I won't hurt you. I just want to find Lisa."

"What do you mean? Andrew went down to Jersey to visit his friend Pete." He said stopping and looking with a puzzled look on his face.

"He made Lisa go with him. I heard him on the phone hit her and yell at her, please sir! I know he's your son but think about Lisa!" I said trying to get closer to him, but he backed away. He still looked at me with bewilderment.

"Sir please. She's my best friend. I need to help her! If you don't tell me I'll call the cops and they will find them together and Andrew will go to jail.I don't want Andrew to be locked up. I don't care what happens to him, I just need to help Lisa." I said lying,of course I was going to still call the cops on this psycho.

"Fine I'll tell you." He said relaxing where he stood.

"Pete's got some kind of business in Newark. Its at Fourth and Fremont street. I think that Pete has an apartment there and Andrew was going to stay there for a while." He said looking sad by the fact that he had betrayed his son.

"Thank you sir!" I said immediately running out of the apartment and back to my car. I called my mom and told her I would be 'staying at a friends house for the weekend', but in reality I was going to take the drive to Jersey and find Lisa. I stopped at a nearby bank, and grabbed as much money as I could out of my bank account, just in case.

I headed for the highway and started going as fast as my piece of shit car would allow me to. Of course there was more traffic then you could imagine, this was going to wake a while.

*12 hours later.*

Finally after taking 4 hours just to make it of New York, because of all the traffic and delays. Then having my car break down on the Jersey turnpike, which took another 3 hours to fix. Sitting in 2 more hours of traffic and then 3 more hours just trying to find this place I had made it there. Lisa is so lucky I love her so much. It was about 10-10:30 at night and I was in this shady neighborhood. I kept checking the address but I was at the right place. The only business I was a big sign that said 'PETE'S', so I guess I was at the right place. I got out of the car and walked over to a big metal door. I opened up the door and was greeted by a big guy in a nice suit, and he was wearing a masquerade mask.

"Here for the show?" He asked in a deep intimidating voice. I had no idea what he was talking about, but I went along with it.

"Yes."

"How old are you?" He asked suspiciously.

"18." I said showing him my license but covering up my name.

"Okay you're good. Here take a mask its 'masquerade night.' I hope you bought good money tonight is the night girls get auctioned off for 'private time' with who ever bids the most." The bouncer said handing me a black masquerade mask and nudging me with encouragement. I was so confused. What girls? What auction?

"Okay thanks man." I said putting the mask on and walking past him and opening up a big black door. I opened up the door and saw a dim room with bright lights everywhere. I looked to my left and saw a bar with a pretty blonde girl, and a taller guy with black hair behind the bar. They were both wearing masks. I looked to my right and saw a stage with a pole on it. Oh my god. This was a strip joint! I felt myself panic. Oh my god Lisa is here?! I was about to turn and leave but I was greeted by a tall skinny guy with brown hair, dressed in a blue dress shirt, and dress pants.

"Wadap man? You here for the show?" He asked calmly and coolly. It sounded so familiar. Oh my god! This was Andrew! I know that stupid language anywhere! What if he recognizes me? Shit play cool Brandon.

"Yeah, first time." I said trying to change my voice.

"Ah! We got a little virgin here!" He said putting his hand on my shoulder, which sent chills down my back. I hated being next to him.

"I'll get you a good seat." He said gently guiding me towards the stage where there were tables and booths.He sat me at a table by myself.

"Let me know if you need anything man." He said patting my back.
"Thanks man." I said as he left. He definitely doesn't know who I am because he would have killed me if he knew who I was.

I sat through a couple of girls who went on. I would see guys placing bids on girls like they were slaves, or pieces of meat. I felt so bad. I couldn't take this anymore. I got up to leave when I heard the announcer say

"Now please welcome to the stage Mona Lisa!" The name made me turn in my tracks immediately. I had assumed it was Lisa, but the tall skinny brown hair girl who stepped on stage looked nothing like the Lisa I remembered.